PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake ,Kelowna

Big Bucks
07-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Heading up to Beaver lake on the 3rd , never fished it before , just wondering if anyone has fished it and there experiences at the lake . Going to be fly fishing from a boat and hopefully I can get a few for my son to reel in .From what I have seen from the website the resort looks pretty good.
Colin

Amphibious
07-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I live just down the road. fished it a few times, never caught anything. Avoid on the weekend, PACKED.

waistdeep
07-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Well not being so negative. I have fished it a fair amount and have always caught fish, try the mouths to the chain of lakes and you should be fine. Dee lake chain has some great memories.

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
07-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Good luck fishing.

We go to Island Lake near Beaver Lake. Lots of campers. We fly fished - caught rainbow trout.

Big Lew
07-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Good luck fishing.

We go to Island Lake near Beaver Lake. Lots of campers. We fly fished - caught rainbow trout.

x2....have fly fished both Island and Dee Lakes with success, but it can get quite crowded on the weekends. Can accommodate many campers though.

Big Bucks
07-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Good to know guys thanks for replying so fast , were heading up on tuesday so it shouldn't be as bad with all the weekend warriors . I hope I get get out and try some off the other lakes to .

Bc Deer Hunter
07-01-2012, 10:49 PM
PM sent...

Big Bucks
07-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Well guys got back from Beaver lake and it was a great holiday with the family . They have a great little resort there . So the fishing was a bit slow at the start until the weather smoothed out a bit , they was hitting a dark green spratley and red coachman . most of the fish that we caught were on the small side all under a pound but still very fun on the fly . thanks to everyone who gave me some info it always helps .
Colin

waistdeep
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Awesome! See the world ain't so bad. :-)

500grhollowpoint
07-08-2012, 12:32 PM
There is tons of fish in there but no big ones. I fish a few lakes in the chain but beaver is too busy for me. Usually catch a dozen or so, one worth keeping if you're lucky.