PDA

View Full Version : Bowron River Grizz 7-06

Huey
06-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Gonna make my first and last Grizz tag count this year out in 7-06. Been to the southern part through the goat mtn trail but not along the river or more north towards Haggen. Anyone been spotting any big silvertips in there? Can't decide if I should hunt the river or alpine...
I'm all ears!! Let me know what you've seen or think...

604redneck
06-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Depending on when ur getting in there but if i were you i would go in mid to late sept and hunt up higher but thats just me and ive only been in that zone twice but saw a sow with 2 cubs a dry sow and a good size boar maybe 8.5-9 ft

SUAFOYT
06-29-2012, 09:05 AM
We hunted moose for years in that area and saw grizz almost every time. We were always there the week prior to the Thanksgiving weekend. A lot of the roads have been deactivated and bridges have been pulled. The one area we always hunted we saw on one day an absolutely huge sow with 2 big yearlings as well as a probable 2 year old- all within a mile of each other. We camped at Wendle Creek and worked west to eighteen mile and along the Bowron towards Indianpoint. Never towards hwy 97- too crowded with day hunters from PG.

Krico
06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Not sure what the salmon numbers in the Bowron are like the last couple years, if they are decent this year you may be well served hunting the spawning beds in the tributaries. For sure there will be berries in the alpine. As mentioned previously there are many bridges removed and roads deactivated, and what isn't deactivated is mostly grown over...all the old blocks are grown up way to much to spot anything in so you will be limited in areas you can hunt effectively. That old sow is a giant and seems to always have twins. She's probably the one who ate that guy a few years ago. Or did the COs shoot that one??? Can't remember...

swampthing
06-29-2012, 03:48 PM
I spend some time in there every year. Let me know when your comin through.

Huey
06-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the tips guys, I'm going to try opening day for a few days by the river with the late spawners and if nothing then I'll come back for late sept up higher. I'll def be giving you a shout swampthing.

Hows the alpine up by the clear mountain lakes? Spot and stalk opportunities in those big draws up there??