PDA

View Full Version : Jet Boil Fuel

Iltasyuko
06-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Will this MSR work fine with a Jet Boil Sol stove and get the same burn time from a cannister as the proprietary Jet Boil fuel ?

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/HikingCamping/StovesFuel/PRD~5003-123/msr-115-isopro-fuel-canister.jsp

RiverOtter
06-29-2012, 05:22 AM
It'll work just fine, and will burn just as long. As long as you're running good fuel, Primus, MSR, Peak1, etc, you won't have a problem...

phoenix
06-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Don't shop at MEC, they are rabidly anti hunting.
Kim

Iltasyuko
06-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Which anti hunting groups do they support?

SKYLINE
06-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Don't use the MSR fuel in the red canister. It is a three season fuel and will not perform well in the mountains when it's cold out. I have found the best fuel for the Jet Boil to be the Primus 4 season mix in the grey canister. The MSR fuel might work well in California but not up here!

gerrygoat
06-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Don't use the MSR fuel in the red canister. It is a three season fuel and will not perform well in the mountains when it's cold out. I have found the best fuel for the Jet Boil to be the Primus 4 season mix in the grey canister. The MSR fuel might work well in California but not up here!

That's good to know about the MSR cannisters I still have one of those. I've been using the stuff they sell at Cambodian Tire, the World Famous brand and have had no complaints at all so far it's worked well even on February goat trips.

lineofsight
06-29-2012, 09:40 PM

Found MSR to be dismal in the cold as well. At -15 found Jet Boil to be a little better than the Primus but do like the larger capacity of the Primus canisters.

phoenix
06-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Which anti hunting groups do they support?
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?15184-Mountain-Equipment-Co-op&highlight=mountain+equipment+co-op I'm trying to find the original of that article so I can post a bigger copy.
Kim

Iltasyuko
06-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Awsome I just bought 3 cannisters of the MSR - hope Sport Chek will take them back.

argyle1
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM
lol--Being from the north , I didn't know anything about MEC--I was in the city, and wandered into the store--someone asked if they could be of service, and I asked them where their hunting gear was--woops--didn't want to be of serv ice anymore