PDA

View Full Version : 7-50 grizz ????

GreatWhitePopogeebo
06-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Kinda funny I put in but I havnt got a clue how to get in there oh well and it was hard one to get what a waste oh well I hope I get it next year maybe when I have more time can u walk in there from hwy??

boxhitch
06-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Was that a consolation prize ?

MtnBoy
06-28-2012, 10:58 PM
You, Sir, have drawn a wicked tag....I have seen hundreds of guys put in for that one over many years and only ever heard of one guy I know get it. Good for you!!!

06-29-2012, 07:58 AM
UNREAL ! you have no clue of how fortunate you are, hire a packer either Horseback or Riverjet adventures ......... Kevin is a good operator and can drop you in the heart of great G bear, Elk, moose and sheep country .... well worth the drop off and did I mention take a partner that can't RUN as fast as you ! JUST DON't waste it !

good luck

CT

hazardiz
06-29-2012, 11:12 AM
most of my friends that hunt that area all access it by jet boat...I hear only the best stories coming out of there...make an honest go of it...good luck

SHAKER
06-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Like they all said..... make all available efforts to cut that tag. Some people would give their left nut for the opertunity. So why did you put in for an area without researching where you were think'n of going first?

GreatWhitePopogeebo
06-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Because I had one leh tag left so I just put in for the hardest draw not thinkn it would happen maybe I try for sheep next year go figure I got time to do some research Ill make the effort we will see

Goliath
06-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Because I had one leh tag left so I just put in for the hardest draw not thinkn it would happen maybe I try for sheep next year go figure I got time to do some research Ill make the effort we will see

Yes that's a great idea. Put in for a sheep tag in an area you know squat about.

Then give yourself 4-5 weeks to plan & prepare.

Anyways sarcasm aside, let me help you out with your Grizzly tag problem...yes, you can hike in there from the highway. That's the best way to do it. Just open the car door and start walking. Oh, and bring a picnic basket in case you get hungry.

madrona sh
06-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Do you get worked up when a wealthy man wins 6/49?
Who gives a rats bum what people do with their winnings.

kayjayess
06-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Somebody trying to wind up the boys. Good one!

slyfox
06-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Good stay home my bubby has one of the other tags were going Sept 1.

dakoda62
06-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Tetsa river outfitters.

.330 Dakota
06-29-2012, 04:49 PM
I have a friend that flys his employees in there every year for elk,,,his rule is anybody draws a griz tag they fly for free...hope this tells you what a treasure of a tag you have,,,and I really hope you use it,,,that area is polluted with grizzly

GreatWhitePopogeebo
06-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks thats what I was thinkn I got a nice back pack that should work with some luck I'll have photos by mid September

GreatWhitePopogeebo
06-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Good stay home my bubby has one of the other tags were going Sept 1.

Wow isn't there an extra one kicking around for me, anyways food look with u and your bubby

Iltasyuko
06-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Is the Grizz pop in 7-51 and 7-52 similar to 7-50?

reloader60
06-29-2012, 08:03 PM
bear recipe 1. get into area 7-50 [easy]
2.hike several hundred yards away from the river
3. take one shot into the air[safely]
4. wait for mr. griz to show up looking for "his" dinner.
5. please try to take the one that tried to take my Elk!!!!

06-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Or the one that wanted My Ram ........ he heeded the warning shot ........ and took off thank ^%^%%!! That said I Have had a few encounters up there with not so good of outcome. It is ringing a dinner bell, as said, Take a not so liked buddy, and make sure you can RUN FASTER THEN HIM.

Beautiful country, lots of game including your PRIZED G BEAR ....... your TAG. HIRE KEVIN FROM RIVERJET.

CT

.330 Dakota
06-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Hope your getting the picture here,,,you cant walk in from the hwy,,,am I overstating the obvious,,, hire a jetboat,,its worth every dime,,, and fire a few shots in the air,,,it does work I hear

northernhunter
07-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Fly into kluachesi Lake and follow trail back towards Gathto. We were in there a few years ago elk hunting, seen 13 different Grizz in 7 days. One big boar took one of our elk, glass the hillsides going towars the Gathto. If you can't find a big bear you must be blind, 2 other parties in hunting then we all had elk and no one with a bear tag. Villers air will probably fly you in out of fort nelson, that's who we went with and peter is an awesome pilot. If you want any more info pm me.

.330 Dakota
07-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Fly into kluachesi Lake and follow trail back towards Gathto. We were in there a few years ago elk hunting, seen 13 different Grizz in 7 days. One big boar took one of our elk, glass the hillsides going towars the Gathto. If you can't find a big bear you must be blind, 2 other parties in hunting then we all had elk and no one with a bear tag. Villers air will probably fly you in out of fort nelson, that's who we went with and peter is an awesome pilot. If you want any more info pm me.

Thats the way my friend goes in. He flys his employees into Kluachesea and they camp on the point there and hike up on top to hunt.

slyfox
07-01-2012, 10:30 AM
So there must be lots of elk in the area to be so many bears around.

.330 Dakota
07-01-2012, 04:57 PM
So there must be lots of elk in the area to be so many bears around.

My buddy tells me that they take 12 to 13 elk out of that spot every year

GreatWhitePopogeebo
07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
My buddy tells me that they take 12 to 13 elk out of that spot every year
So what your saying is I should bring an elk tag any other tags I should bring along I got the ok for 7day trip maybe 10 if I'm good boy I'll start lookn for air or boat this week thanks sounds like Africa this might b a blessing

.330 Dakota
07-01-2012, 06:30 PM
I would definately buy an elk tag,,,the the griz will come to you,,,,float plane to Kluchesea is the way to go,,camp on the lake,,,less likely to have bears in camp down there, and hike up to the alpine to hunt

GreatWhitePopogeebo
07-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Ok I just got my compound bow, what do think the odds would be getting one with a bow. I think it would b neat to get a griZz with a bow

.330 Dakota
07-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Ok I just got my compound bow, what do think the odds would be getting one with a bow. I think it would b neat to get a griZz with a bow

If this is a solo hunt then I think it would be nuts,,,jmo

Confused
07-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Looks like fishing is good around here.....lots of takers!

GreatWhitePopogeebo
07-13-2012, 12:24 PM
On second thought maybe not a good idea just came back from the range and let's just say I didn't do that well gonna have to Practice lots oh well

GreatWhitePopogeebo
07-13-2012, 06:02 PM
I will think of you when I drop my griZz the story will start something like parked truck on side of hwy walked in two days kill bear stopped for Hotdog on way. Aldergrove fiigures

TherealSLYFOX
07-14-2012, 05:09 AM
I'm going to kill your bear lmao when u heading that way I'm holding out for 9 footer anyways congrats and yeah your nuts if your thinking of walking.