PDA

View Full Version : hunting in spatzsizi

mikek blacktail
06-28-2012, 03:15 PM
I got lucky enough to draw a sheep tag ,goat tag(620-c) and a caribou tag in spatzsizi, where flying into coldfish lk on aug 19th.this will be my first time hunting any of these animals , and my first time in spatsizi park. I've done a fair amount of research on the area and feel I'm ready for the trip,but I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone here has some pointers , tips or any info.It would be much appreciated,thank.P.M me if you like

kennyj
06-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip. Good luck.
kenny

mikek blacktail
07-01-2012, 02:16 PM
thanks for the good wishes kj ,I know it'll be good.This sight seems to have changed ,used to get alot more response.

dropshot
07-01-2012, 03:38 PM
thanks for the good wishes kj ,I know it'll be good.This sight seems to have changed ,used to get alot more response.

I'm sure you will get more responses after the weekend. Most outdoors people will be in the outdoors for a long weekend

Buck
07-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Perhaps i will see you in there i have a sheep tag as well.Looks like nice hunting up on the plateau for Caribou.

BromBones
07-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I'll send you a pm here sometime in the next day or two. You might have to remind me though :)

Cordillera
07-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I have hiked but never hunted but my two cents is it kind of depends.... In August the caribou will not yet be herded up on the plateau. They will be distributed on all mountains. Not much sheep or goats on the plateau near cold fish anyway. If you head south through danihue pass and past icebox canyon you are into sheep and caribou and goat country.

mikek blacktail
07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Perhaps i will see you in there i have a sheep tag as well.Looks like nice hunting up on the plateau for Caribou.

hope to see you there,we will be in or a week.

plumbcrazy
07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Ive got afew nice Bou off the plateau. Let me know if you need info on those specifically. Nice place to stay at Tommy Walkers old place, but could be realy busy there at that time. John.

mikek blacktail
07-30-2012, 07:58 PM
thanks foe the info guys,it helps alot.

4 point
07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
I was only into Cold Fish Lake hunting once many years back before the park was created. Sheep were up Gladys Lake to the west off the south end of the lake. Lots of griz in that area then. Be prepared for lots of hiking and I mean lots.

Salmon Belly
03-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Mikek, resurrecting your post for follow-up. How was it?

My hunting buddy and I are flying in mid-sept this year, Cold Fish- any guys been in that time? Caribou herded up? Will also be looking for moose.

we're doing lots of research so this isn't one of those hail- Mary posts, thought it couldn't hurt to post up.

cheers,
SB

mikek
07-29-2013, 03:26 PM
How is the grizzly hunting on the plateau in sept .?