PDA

View Full Version : Hoping I got a good deal today!

TESKELLY
06-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Grabbed myself a new sleeping bag from Wholesale Sports today. Tired of the Walmart specials and hoping this new one will solve my shivering nights in cheap bags with broken zippers. This bag seems built really well with nice large number 10 zippers and huge amounts of fill inside the bag. Any opinions or experience with these someone could pass along?

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/gifts-ideas/gift-ideas-for-the-camper/guide-sleeping-bag/prod238425.html

Singleshotneeded
06-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Looks like a good quality bag...you only really get bent over if you're outfitting yourself for a backpacking trip
into the mountains...and you're trying to shave a few ounces here and a half pound there. The good quality
stuff that's also super light comes with a super price tag...

bigwhiteys
06-24-2012, 04:50 AM
Any opinions or experience with these someone could pass along?

I have a woods bag like that one that I've used for years as my wall tent sleeping bag. Works great. I have a big cot, and lay a thermarest down on top then the woods bag.

BlacktailStalker
06-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Yup those flannel lined bags are the best for camp. I have a woods one too, they're all around the same price. Canadian tire has them at times.

Squamch
06-24-2012, 07:51 AM
I've got a couple bags from WSS. One is a trailside sportsman 6, and the other is an outbound double trouble...Well, the latter is more of a "we have," but I digress from my point...
The carry sacks have awful zippers, one lasted two trips, and the other 3. This could also be connected to the level of hangover I've often achieved when breaking camp...as could my next point.
Both bags came with straps to hold them rolled up sewn into the bottom seam. Both straps tore off the spoprtsman 6 in short order, leaving 1" wide breaks in the stitching. I hand sewed them up, but it still kinda sucks.
The straps on the double trouble are still firmly attached though.
For the price though, I can't really complain, I got both bags on sale with a more than $50 discount. Check their website for deals, the website and store do not share sales (so I was told by staff in nanaimo), but they can try to match the price online, which was cool when I was buying a bag for a moose trip I was leaving for in three days.

beerlover
06-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Anyone have this one?:

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10366344&search=sleeping+bag&Mo=7&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Sp=S&N=0&whse=BCCA&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ne=4000000&D=sleeping+bag&Ntt=sleeping+bag&No=4&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Being shipped as we speak. Seemed like a good deal for a decent Bag.

rifleman
06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
I have the exact same bag. used it last year guiding moose in the Yukon. wasn't ever cold at night....

TESKELLY
06-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks guy's figured it was a gooder so I grabbed it.

reach
06-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Anyone have this one?:

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10366344&search=sleeping+bag&Mo=7&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Sp=S&N=0&whse=BCCA&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ne=4000000&D=sleeping+bag&Ntt=sleeping+bag&No=4&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Being shipped as we speak. Seemed like a good deal for a decent Bag.
I don't have that exact one but I have the one Costco offered last year. It also was advertised as "Outdoor Works" I think (or maybe some other brand) but when it arrived it was an Outbound Toaster 9000.

Yours is the Outbound Mercury 5000 (http://outbound.ca/outdoorsman/mercury-5000.html).

The one I got is pretty warm (also huge and heavy) but not as warm as my mummy bag since it doesn't wrap around your head. I'm happy with it though. I only used it on the one trip where it got down to -25 or so and was fine in the wall tent.

Good2bCanadian
06-26-2012, 07:04 AM
I have a decent mummy bag that works well. The odd morning I will wake up and the bag has twisted and constricted me into a human cocoon.
Other than that, a fresh set of ginch and a toque and I'm very warm.