PDA

View Full Version : Growth on brisket?

Bigbuckadams
11-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Yesterday I saw a Whitetail doe with a big growth hanging down from her brisket. It looked like a big boob. I do recall seeing a video of a buck with the same type of growth, but don't know what the disease is called. Anybody know anything about this disease? Also, should I contact the CO? I saw the video years ago, just don't recall if she may have to be culled out or not.

3kills
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM
i remember seeing a buck in i think it was big buck mag that had a huge growth there too but it didnt seem like it was bothered by it at all i m sure she will be fine....

todbartell
11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
ugh, just thinking of it reminds me of pics Ive seen, pretty gross stuff :-|

Nooker77
11-08-2006, 05:26 PM
:lol: Hey..I wouldnt worry about her!! I've seen many deer with those growths on them!! I shot a buck a few years ago and it had a volleyball size growth on its lower front neck....it looked like it was an old wound that healed over then the growth started.....I cut it open and it was just a big piece of grissle!! weird I still ate the meat...as the lump came off with the hide!!! Meat looked fine!! If there is a disease..I'd love to know more!! 8)
Cheers

levind
11-08-2006, 05:57 PM
I shot 2 deer in the same year 2 regions with the same thing but it wasn't only one had a few of them.took it to the food and health inspector. they said that it is caused from mosquito bites. after it heals it is immune to it and passes that on to its off spring so they can not get it. i don't remember what it is call but the meat is good to eat. It made sense as it was always in an area with the least amount of hair.

Bigbuckadams
11-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Sounds like good news for her :lol: . Thanks for all the input. Gonna try to get some pic's of her if I can figure out how the heck to work my new camera.

browningboy
11-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Nothing really to worry about, probly getting into fake boobs:lol:
Usally just a cyst that forms from a previous injury.