PDA

View Full Version : Nusance Bear

PointMan
06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Buddy of mine is texting me, wants me to dispatch a blackie that's been harassing his orchard, taken some neighbours goats and chickens. CO's told him not to shoot it, probably because he has no CORE. Any suggestions. apparently it's aggresive and has no fear of people anymore.

pnbrock
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Sss!!!!!!!!!

PointMan
06-21-2012, 02:35 PM
That was my obvious conclusion, I'm trying to convince him to keep on the CO's about it, if it's aggressive and he has kids then something needs to be done, I don't need meat THAT bad!

warnniklz
06-21-2012, 02:38 PM
That was my obvious conclusion, I'm trying to convince him to keep on the CO's about it, if it's aggressive and he has kids then something needs to be done, I don't need meat THAT bad!

you need meat, a skull, a hide and families to be safe

doubled
06-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Keep quiet about and deal with it. Case closed.

The Dawg
06-21-2012, 02:51 PM
He told your buddy not to shoot it. Not you :)

anglo-saxon
06-21-2012, 03:01 PM
You don't need CORE to shoot a bear in self-defence, just a very good line of BS after the fact.

Keep on the CO's and ensure you have a record of the e-mails or phone calls you send/make. A paper trail will help you in the ling run if they refuse to do anything about it and you have to act yourself.

boxhitch
06-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Or its a non issue
if the food supply isn't there, the bear will be gone soon.
Is this the first year for the orchard owner ?

PointMan
06-21-2012, 04:23 PM
First year dealing with this bear. As the story unfolds, it seems it's a young one, maybe last years cub, young and stupid. Not sure how much trouble he's had with bears in the past, my guess not much considering this is the first time he's asked me to deal with one.

1980skywalker
06-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Cats outta the bag now... or should I say the bear, worst thing you coulda done would be to post the problem on here because now there is a 'paper trail'. Better wait till next year and if it is still a problem then deal with it as 'silently' as you can.

PointMan
06-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Cats outta the bag now... or should I say the bear, worst thing you coulda done would be to post the problem on here because now there is a 'paper trail'. Better wait till next year and if it is still a problem then deal with it as 'silently' as you can.
I've pretty much told him he has to deal with it himself if it's out of season.

r106
06-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I've pretty much told him he has to deal with it himself if it's out of season.

Ya to bad you didn't hear about it a week ago. Now you could try shooting bear bangers at it and try to annoy it enough it doesn't want to come back.

BlacktailStalker
06-21-2012, 05:29 PM

They dont care. Been there.

000buck
06-21-2012, 05:41 PM
snare it then call the cos and see if they'll come get it.

.330 Dakota
06-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Check the regs,,I believe you can destroy any wildlife that threatens your property/livestock/or family pets or kids etc...I wouldnt give a rats ass what the co said and would still shoot it if he were standing there.
I had a bear harrassing my dog and my son when I lived in Ontario. I shot it in a residential neighborhood at 11pm one evening on my deck. The backstop was safe, and the 375 woke everyone.
The cops came and asked if I heard shots, I showed them the bear, they asked if I had a license, I showed them the street...no warrant no evidence of a crime, no entry...get lost and so they did. eeefffiiinnn tree hiuggers

boxhitch
06-21-2012, 06:20 PM
snare itYeah that would go over big.

MaxQtime
06-21-2012, 06:49 PM
If there was an animal coming around that posed a danger to my child or family, or could pose a danger, I would shoot it. I rather get the fine then deal with a bear attack on my family. My $0.02

NaStY
06-21-2012, 08:28 PM
If that was my house and the bear was getting close to my family, then it would be a dead bear......................

fusion
06-21-2012, 09:13 PM
I can't believe CO said don't shoot it. We had a problem once with a bear taking livestock. Got the ok to shoot the bear so we did. CO took 2 days to get back to us after we shot the bear. Made sure it was good and stinky, then told us to go dump it up King Ed main. Couldn't believe it. Did not let us mark a tag & keep the hide. Said it was shot over bait, therefore illegal. What a waste!

bigshooter
06-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Rent one of the small enclosed uhaul trailers, rig the door so the bear will close the door when it enters, bait it up and have some fun. Do the co's job for him. No bad ideas... well maybe this one. Would be fun.

GRIZZEZE
06-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Rent one of the small enclosed uhaul trailers, rig the door so the bear will close the door when it enters, bait it up and have some fun. Do the co's job for him. No bad ideas... well maybe this one. Would be fun.

And if you hate the rental company leave the bear in the trailer right? That would get some attention. ( I am not actually sugesting that you do this)

Johnny G1
06-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeh, friggin CO's won't let you shoot a bear cause it's bothering your orcherd but they sure as hell shoot them whem they eat a dead criminal that should have been shot years ago, where the Hell is there any justice, all I can say they should get their shit together.

handy16
06-21-2012, 10:07 PM
What about a rubber slug out of a 12 ga. I picked up a boxat the local shop... no louder than a deuce deuce. If its a young bear it'll probably get the hint.

The Dude
06-21-2012, 10:42 PM
^^^^^ That's what I would do....some dummies in the ribs, it'll get the hint. I assume the orchard owner knows to clean up everything on the ground?
Shame you can't shoot it. Some of the BEST meat I ever ate was an orchard bear. YUMMY!

I love the U-Haul idea.....then leave it on East Hastings with the door unlocked and wait for some shitrat to break in for crack money.

r106
06-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeh, friggin CO's won't let you shoot a bear cause it's bothering your orcherd but they sure as hell shoot them whem they eat a dead criminal that should have been shot years ago, where the Hell is there any justice, all I can say they should get their shit together.

what a load of bs. First eating apples and people are totally different. And I believe that criminal that was eaten was convicted of murdering a guy that raped a family member.

Don't go blaming the CO's they are under staffed and under funded

Johnny G1
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM
what a load of bs. First eating apples and people are totally different. And I believe that criminal that was eaten was convicted of murdering a guy that raped a family member.

Don't go blaming the CO's they are under staffed and under funded Never mind the BS, like I said before they should have have kept the bear at the jail and and fed it everyday and save the tax payer a lot of money, wasn't picking on the CO's but they should get their priority's straight and get after the nuisance bear.????

silvertipp
06-21-2012, 11:31 PM
why not have some fun with a paint ball gun ,that should get his atttention

Mulehahn
06-22-2012, 12:06 AM
I am sorry, but if this animal is killing livestock, and is being aggressive towards people, shoot it!!! Where is problem? It is defence of property. On a side note, what is everyones problem with bears in an orchard. They are no more destructive than deer, but everyone says kill them. I have never understood this. I can understand a person who has a couple of fruit trees on their property cleaning up the fallen fruit so they won't run into a bear, but that isn't an orchard to me. In true orchards where all the most of the picking is done by machines or large groups of people the bear poses no real danger. To me it has as much right to the area as me. Just keep around any houses or out buildings very clean. If a bear wants to hang around the back 40 and eat apples that have fallen to the groung and are no longer for human consumption let him. Once the big tree shaker comes, or a group of 30 pickers comes, he will leave. The only time, to me, a problem arises is involving berries. Last year I had to help a friend "relocate" a bear from a blueberry field because it was eating upwards of 30 to 40 plants a day. That hits the farmers pocket book hard. But posed no threat to people, except when we couldn't find him.

redigar09
06-22-2012, 04:55 AM
only good bear is a dead bear

sawmill
06-22-2012, 05:30 AM

Seriously?:roll:

604redneck
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Wait till august 1st then bears are open to private land if im not mistaken

bob the tomato
06-22-2012, 11:14 AM
i would probably give it a real bad case of lead poisoning, just sayin.

06-22-2012, 11:25 AM

Seriously?:roll:

Wicked first post Eh.

Jagermeister
06-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Let the COs deal with it. Anyone thinks otherwise is condoning law breaking. Aiding and abetting, which means those counselling one to commit a crime are guilty as well.

PointMan
06-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Let the COs deal with it. Anyone thinks otherwise is condoning law breaking. Aiding and abetting, which means those counselling one to commit a crime are guilty as well.
Agreed, I told him pretty much the same thing and if he decides to deal with it himself, I don't want to know. I get the wanting to protect his kids mentality though, seems this guy is fairly agressive.

boxhitch
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Guys gotta learn to stand up for his kin. Man up.

Sounds like a JW line

PointMan
06-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Sounds like a JW line

???????????????????????

Mulehahn
06-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Jose Wales I am thinking. not the religion

Mulehahn
06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
As for the bear, tell him to shoot it and say he thought it was a DOG pursuing his neighbours live stock. Its in the BC livestock act. You can shoot any DOG "at large" pursuing livestock. (this was a joke about mistaking a mistaking a dog for a bear ie: a previous thread). But it would probably work.

lostindian
06-22-2012, 03:18 PM
His first post was started with a joke welcome to the site redigar09

Peter Pepper
06-22-2012, 06:18 PM
I can't believe i've never thought of the u-haul idea before! Brilliant!!! Relocate to Stanly park or u-vic or some place hippies congregate. Starve it for a week or so first. Oh man, the possibilities. Wait were is the nearest CBC building?