PDA

View Full Version : warren lake

Big Lew
06-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Can anyone tell me what the road is like accessing Warren Lake, north-east of Kamloops? I've heard you have to walk in the last bit unless you have an atv. At one time the fishing was reported to be excellent....has anyone fished it the last couple of years with a degree of success? Thanks for any info.

jdmck
06-21-2012, 12:21 PM
4x4 good truck good tires go slow

guywitha270
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Not worth it to go there. The fishing stinks.

lovemywinchester
06-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Its a nightmare getting in if its wet. The last 300m into the lake is a 4x4 only and rutted and slow. The logging road in before the lake is that slick clay and its a nightmare if wet. Wait for a few days of sun before you try. Typical rainbow fishing, hot bite then nothing. Fished it two weeks ago and got a few small fish. Watch out for the loon, hes a *******! The mud is a nightmare this year everywhere. My buddy smashed his nice Toyota up at Red lake last week trying to get down the launch. Slid right into a tree. Fishing was good though.

BigfishCanada
06-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Its a nightmare getting in if its wet. The last 300m into the lake is a 4x4 only and rutted and slow. The logging road in before the lake is that slick clay and its a nightmare if wet. Wait for a few days of sun before you try. Typical rainbow fishing, hot bite then nothing. Fished it two weeks ago and got a few small fish. Watch out for the loon, hes a *******! The mud is a nightmare this year everywhere. My buddy smashed his nice Toyota up at Red lake last week trying to get down the launch. Slid right into a tree. Fishing was good though.

If I had a dollar for every trukc that has smashed at the launch id be rich!

gmcgilli66
06-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Warren Is a typical interior lake for the Kamloops region. It gets too much pressure to fish well consistently. The access is tough thanks to deadfall, roots and clay mud. Tough road, insane mosquitoes, spotty fishing. There are better choices including Hyas.