PDA

View Full Version : Campbell River middle of August

Phoneguy
06-20-2012, 03:55 PM
My wife has her 30th high school reunion in Campbell River the weekend of Aug 11th (I think). She has a date (not me, a girlfriend), I don't want to get in the way with her friends. Last night she suggested I come up with my daughter, and we go fishing..... I am thinking ...huhm, now there is an idea.

So anyone have any suggestions for a guide? Anyone on here an independant guide? No idea what a day of fishing should cost?

Would love to spend a day on the ocean and feel the zing on the reel and the tug on the line.

Thanks guys

James

91Jason91
06-20-2012, 04:42 PM
you only going for a day or for abit longer?
Nootka island fish camp is a great spot but they are longer than a day I think

Phoneguy
06-20-2012, 05:22 PM
you only going for a day or for abit longer?
Nootka island fish camp is a great spot but they are longer than a day I think

Probably just be able to manage a day

The Hermit
06-20-2012, 05:25 PM
My guess is that you will get an invite soon! CR has some great fishing!!

Murder
06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
I believe the Pink's are running hard in the Campbell River around then. Some big springs to be had as well. No need for a guide, just a stop in at "River Sportsman" and they will let you know what is working. Some chest waders and yer good!

BuckEye
06-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Looks like I may have gone to school with your wife.

Mighty Peace
06-21-2012, 09:59 AM
I just finalized my trip with my dad to April Point Lodge @ Campbell River starting July 9th till the 14th. Should be fun. My dad bought the trip for my BDAY a few months back, just got the trip finalized now. I havebeen to Painters Lodge in late September/early October on my honeymoon about 7 years ago. My wife had fun eventhough all that was around at the late dates were chums and pinks.

Check out OBMG at Painter Lodge, and maybe they do the fish trip with/out staying at the lodge. Each 4hr trip includes the guide and boat for 2. Price was $295 for additional fishing outings in my package.

huntcoop
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
I believe the Pink's are running hard in the Campbell River around then. Some big springs to be had as well. No need for a guide, just a stop in at "River Sportsman" and they will let you know what is working. Some chest waders and yer good!

That time of year the water is warm enough ya don't need waders. We've been going for some time now and just wear wading boots and shorts, fishing is crazy good. Not uncommon to release 10-20 pinks a day.

Phreddy
06-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Unless things have changed drastically over the years, you will be there at the peak of the Tyee season. I'd go the painters lodge route if I were after big springs. Another option would be to stop at the Tyee Club clubhouse on the spit to find a good rowing guide. Biggest fish I ever caught when I lived up there was about 4 - 4 1/2 inches. (you measure your fish between the eyes too, right?)
The main thing is to have fun. Hope you do so.

Shooter Jr.
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
That time of year the water is warm enough ya don't need waders. We've been going for some time now and just wear wading boots and shorts, fishing is crazy good. Not uncommon to release 10-20 pinks a day.
Wow huntcoop! I could release 10-20 pinks in a few hours!! During late July all the way through till the winter months im enjoying the river fishing and I'm usually at the river all day. That's a perfect time to hit up the river for pinks, lots of fun and very plentiful!

huntcoop
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow huntcoop! I could release 10-20 pinks in a few hours!! During late July all the way through till the winter months im enjoying the river fishing and I'm usually at the river all day. That's a perfect time to hit up the river for pinks, lots of fun and very plentiful!

Snagin' doesn't count :lol: We camp at Elk Falls and would only fish for a few hours a the day as the kids get bored fast, but you are correct, shooting fish in a barrel.

Shooter Jr.
06-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Snagin' doesn't count :lol: We camp at Elk Falls and would only fish for a few hours a the day as the kids get bored fast, but you are correct, shooting fish in a barrel.
haha nope!! just swinging a nice pink or green fly through the current, then retrieving it ;) works great actually!!

Shooter
06-27-2012, 11:31 PM

Ya but how many Coho can u catch?