PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

gcreek
06-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Haven't checked for a month or so as it is a busy time here but took the time tonight to check out most of the "new posts" since I last logged on.

I would like to thank those of you who made the effort to hunt/harvest any of the predators in the past year. This province would look a lot different in regards to wildlife and livestock without you.

I have talked to several oldtimers from where I grew up east of Williams Lake this spring and they are seeing and hearing of grizzlies where 30 years ago there were none. I guess as a bear hunter this may be good news but for ungulate and livestock populations it isn't.

We are over run with grizzlies this year and still no season in areas between the Coast Mountains and the Fraser River in the Chilcotin. This area could easily support an LEH season and MOE is still maintaining that the population is not large enough to warrant one.

Your help in pressuring MOE to open a season in areas 5-12, 5-13 and 5-6 would be greatly appreciated although if the NDP get elected in the next go-round it will likely be a short lived effort.