PDA

View Full Version : Trying to score antlers

TravisC
11-07-2006, 09:30 PM
well i was just curious about scoring some of my old racks and well i'm not sure how its done. anyone with some info for me would be very appreciated.

todbartell
11-07-2006, 09:32 PM
post pictures, Dana will be able to tell you gross & net scores within half an inch :lol:

mainland hunter
11-07-2006, 09:32 PM
http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/ScoringYourTrophy.asp?area=bgRecords&ID=416327E9&se=1

magicarrowman
11-07-2006, 09:34 PM
What kind of racks? Mule deer, whitetail or what? They're all scored a bit different.

TravisC
11-07-2006, 09:40 PM
mule and blacktail. the link that mainland has will work good thanks

7mm
11-07-2006, 09:50 PM
shouldn't you have a rack big enough to score first or did you go shopping at value village and find one????????????

TravisC
11-07-2006, 09:56 PM
just wondering 7mm if you might know of a rack on your wall that might be bigger then mine spikes done count:smile:

magicarrowman
11-07-2006, 10:10 PM
If it's a mulie, start with measuring from the base of antler, along the outside to the tip of main beam.(measure in 1/8 of an inch. 24 1/8 as an example) Then measure brow tine from where it meets m.beam to tip.Then start from where back point is in line with the top of m.beam and up to tip. Then measure the front point of the back fork (if any) from where it meets the G2 (back point) to tip. Then measure front point from where it meets m.beam to tip. (if front point exists) Then it's the mass.. first, measure around antler between brow and base, then measure around antler between brow and 2nd point, then arond second point about 1/2 way up, then arond antler between 2nd point and front fork. Do the same for the other antler. Measure the widest part between the 2 antlers from the inside to get spread. Add both sides up individually, plus the spread, subtract the difference between the two antlers and you'll have it's net score.(add up measurements from each antler, subtract the difference from each point and mass measurement from opposite antler. If your m.beams were 24 5/8 and 25 7/8 the difference is 1 2/8 as an example.) None of it's official until its actually done by a B&C or P&Y scorer, but you'll get a good idea within an inch or so. Hope this helps you a bit.

browningboy
11-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Hers a good guy to talk to, hes a good friend and can help you out- Jamie at High Caliber Outfitting, just google it8)