PDA

View Full Version : just heart break on the last day of spring bear

b.c hunter 88
06-16-2012, 11:11 AM
well last night was the last night of spring bear it started off by passing up a really small bear sure it was a cub then my mom was with up and she got sick so i had to run her home took an hour so i decided to make the best of it and hunt a area i haven't hunted all year but its 15 mins away from home well its 7pm and wear in hunting area go around theres a nice 6 ft sow at this point i dint see any other bears i tryed to go in after it well glad i dint you will see later why.
so i left and decided to drive around the corner and walk back to see if it comes back out.so 20 mins later im walking down the road i see a bear around the corner and holy $%it its big im 1 sec a way from letting the 180 grain 300wsm bullet fly boom out comes another bear the sow i seen earlier keep in mind the sow is 6ft area the bore the big one big id bet close to 8 ft well by this time the bore sent me turns and starts coming my way im thinking o crap what todo if hes charged me well they both run off in the woods i get back to my truck thinking about it and i figer out its not a sow and cub and i think its ok to shoot so i phone up my hunting buddys and ask they all say shoot well i go back and nothing its thick bush each side of the road well hes starts to give aggression out of the bush and i cant see him so i back off and its raining hard so i drove that area tell dark no luck but the fact hes was in my sight and i dint shoot to make sure its wasn't a sow and cub i should of clued in right away that hes to big to be a sow but i rember i ran into this bear last year around the corner and ran into a group of hunters that seen him we all agreed hes was bigger than my ATV grizzly 660.
ill be hunting the fall that area.

NitwiT
06-16-2012, 11:23 AM
is your '.' key and your ',' key broken on your keyboard??

Other than that, tough luck, but better to make sure the game is legal, then taking the risk!

Grats on being ethical :)

Mark

b.c hunter 88
06-16-2012, 11:33 AM
sorry spell check dint work
yea the last thing u wanna do is shoot somthing thats a no no

lightmag
06-16-2012, 09:22 PM
better safe and sure than sorry ,

b.c hunter 88
06-16-2012, 09:51 PM
its so true