PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Hunt 2012 - A Tale of Deep Snow, Deep Creeks and ???

gbear
06-16-2012, 08:47 AM
PS, those that want to slip to the end of this story, see post #29, with pictures on post #30 and #33.

This could take a bit to tell as it is the culmination of 10 days of hunting, and a couple months of anticipation.

I’ll start way at the beginning. When the spring LEH results came out, you can imagine my surprise when I seen that I was successful in a spring Grizzly LEH in a local zone in Region 7. I have been putting in for this zone for the last decade or so. But the surprise to me was that I was successful in obtaining this draw just 3 short years ago. Typically the odds are pretty high, but this year the amount of tags went up to 4, so the odds were much better. So, you can imagine the explaining I had to do with the wife on this one. Since I had so many unsuccessful results in the years previous, when I got that draw in 2009, I told the wife that this was likely a once in a lifetime draw because of the odds. When I told her about this year’s draw, it didn’t take her too long to ask about what happened to the once in a lifetime. We did have some laughs over that.

When I was looking at my LEH authorization, it took me back to that 2009 spring season, and the memories of the large boar I took that spring. He squared out at 8’5, which is great for an interior mountain grizzly. That story and pictures are posted on this site. I am getting him mounted life size, and should have pictures of the final product for you to see shortly.

So, like many other areas in the province, the mountain areas in the Peace received more than the average amount of snowpack. In fact, in my general area, snowpack was at about 150% of normals. Not something I really wanted to hear, but at that time I was a bit naive in thinking that in the end it would be ok.

Because of all the deep snow, I wasn’t in a rush to get out. In the end, talking to another guy who had a tag in the same zone, I shouldn’t have worried about that, as he did go early and was seeing grizzly bears in several areas.

BlacktailStalker
06-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Looking forward to the rest... 8'5" Square is a beauty in anyone's books !

Buck
06-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I remember that great bear you got in 2009.Looking forward to the story for this year

gbear
06-16-2012, 11:34 AM
I waited until the weekend of May 12 and 13 to make my first trip in. The zone is actually a very large area, however, I had 2 top pick areas to be the areas I wanted to focus on.

Of course, the first area was at the very back end of the river valley, which is about 100 km’s in from the highway. That is where I got my bear in 2009, and have seen several grizzly bears there over the years. There are some real nice avalanche chutes and some good cutblocks to check out.

The 2nd area I know that is very good and would be another spot I choose to focus on was about half way in to the back end, and a side valley to the west. That road system goes in about 30 km’s off the main valley, but the middle section of that road seems to hold a lot of grizzly bears. This area has some good cutblocks with deactivated roads and nicely grass seeded.

So that weekend, I was heading out solo unfortunately, but couldn’t hold back any more from going. I learned 3 years ago that solo isn’t the best feeling when grizzly hunting.

My plan for hunting the area was to drive my pickup to the junction of that road system where my choice #2 area takes off from the main valley. From that point on, I figured I would use my Rhino to get around. That way I could also check out some of the other rougher roads and trails. Plus, the road is washed out some going to both areas, and I didn’t feel like trying to squeeze my new truck through those bad spots.

So, I go up the main valley to area #1. And, I am actually seeing a fair amount of grizzly sign the first weekend out. I see fresh digging, and tracks, and crap on the road. Not much is green yet, and there is snow in most of the bush, off the road. I manage to only get to about 72kms. Then I hit snow depths of a couple feet, and there is no busting through. However, as I am trying to get unstuck, I see some fresh tracks in the snow up ahead. So, I walk up, and there were extremely fresh grizzly tracks and it looked like it was running. Made me think that maybe I spooked it as I was trying to chew my way through the snow. You could still see individual toe prints. Oh too bad. The back end area still looked like a winter wonderland.

So, I check out several other side roads on my way back to the truck. Lots of snow, and some sign is there, so that is encouraging.

Next day, decide to check out area #2. Not much sign there yet, and I only make it up to about 5.5km, and then a wall of snow. I walk a bit, and snow is just getting deeper, and it’s a ways to any good area. So, I head back down and check out some lower elevation areas. Seen a couple black bears, elk, moose and deer. It was time to head home.

Call of the Wild
06-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Keep it coming, looks like you were prepared I sure hope it turned out with good result!!!

BlacktailStalker
06-16-2012, 01:12 PM
You need tracks on your rhino, they go anywhere (I have them on my grizz 700.... if only I could draw a grizz tag :roll:)

gbear
06-16-2012, 02:09 PM
You need tracks on your rhino, they go anywhere (I have them on my grizz 700.... if only I could draw a grizz tag :roll:)

That definately crossed my mind several times this spring

gbear
06-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Next weekend was the long weekend, so out I go again. This time I figured I would try some low elevation areas first that were not my first 2 choice areas. It was a lot of fun, and I spent a couple days checking out many areas. I seen a number of mountain goats in one drainage. That was neat to see. I had one area in mind for that prime time evening hunt. It was a nice low elevation pipeline, that typically gets green very early, and I have seen a number of bears on it over the years. Went over there to check it out. As I am making my way there on the Rhino, I quickly learn that the first portion of pipeline is not good for this year. Likely last fall sometime, the pipeline had been dug up entirely to, I am guessing, bury another pipe. And at this time of year, no grass had grown back yet. Further in, I knew of another pipeline that joined it, so I thought I would continue to go there.

That thought quickly ended. I came to a creek crossing that had the bridge pulled. The water looked deep and fast. I didn’t like the idea of taking my Rhino through right away, so I figured I would put on my new sour dough slipper hip waders and wade in to check it out. Well, it took me only 2 steps to figure out that was a bad idea. In 2 steps, I was over top of the waders, and the current was starting to take my feet out from under me. I had to grab on to some tree branches to help get out. Not the best place to be alone.

Next day decide to go to the back country and see if I can make it further towards the headwaters. One spot along the road had a bridge that was gone, so you need to ford the creek. I noticed it had gone up a bit since the weekend before, but only enough to get the boots a bit wet in the Rhino. But, not over the top of the boots. I see lots of bear sign, mostly grizzly along the way. I get the point where I got stuck the week before, and see I can keep going. But, that quickly ends as I only get about another 1.5 km’s down the road. I basically hit a wall of snow, and buried the Rhino pretty good. Time to dig out the shovel.

So, I start making my back to the truck to check out area #2. On this road, I make it to the 7km board this week. A bit of progress, but not much. Still nothing green here, and hardly any sign.

For the evening hunt, I go to a lower elevation site that I noticed some fresh grizzly sign, and walk a deactivated road there. Didn’t see anything, so time to head home.

Good weekend though with seeing the goats as well as the other game. Still no Grizzly sightings.

gbear
06-16-2012, 02:17 PM
The weekend of the 26th and 27th comes up. Heading out solo again. Again, check out the top 2 choice areas, and still deep snow. I was only able to make about an extra ½ km on each of them. I do notice again that the creek crossing with no bridge now has a bit deeper and faster water in it, so some snow is melting somewhere. Just not very quickly. I’m amazed at how much snow is there still.

cavebear
06-16-2012, 03:16 PM
I can't wait to get a goat, thats my dream hunt right now :)

gbear
06-16-2012, 04:46 PM
The weekend of June 2 and 3 comes up. This time I have a back up coming along. Great news. The first day we try to get to area #2 first. Get a short ways in, and see a big black bear. Not scared of us one bit. He would have been a shooter, but with a grizzly tag in hand, I was not up to spending time taking proper care of a black bear while I could be looking for a grizzly. So, he is passed on and we continue in the Rhino. A few km’s up the road, there is a stump on a cut slope of the road. Both of us are looking at it thinking something is off and wouldn’t you know it, it’s a GRIZZLY standing behind it. By the time we clued in, we were pretty close and it was on the run, and gone, not to be seen again. Darn, but a good sighting none the less. We go further, and only get about 200 yards further then the week before. Do some walking for the evening hunt, but no more grizzlies.

Next day, decide to make a run for the back end to area #1. This time, that creek was higher. In fact, the water inside the cab of the Rhino came up to about the seat. Good think I put a snorkel kit on. The current is a bit faster too, and I find we drift a bit. But we make it. Along the way, there is some great bear sign, so I tour along nice and slow. It’s not really prime time, so we see nothing. Get to where I made it the week before, and only gain a hundred yards or so. At this rate of snow melt, I am doubting my chances of getting to the back end.

We hang around the area glassing what we can until close to that prime time and decide to putter back. It was a beautiful warm sunny day. Come around a corner, and there is a GRIZZ feeding. Ditch the Rhino and start a stock. Then the bear just fed out of sight and never seen him again. I don’t think he seen us or smelt us, but he was gone.

We continue on and only see another small black bear. We get back to that creek crossing, and right away notice the water is higher, but we don’t have much of a choice. It’s deep, cold and fast, but we make it and get to the truck and head home.

lightmag
06-16-2012, 09:41 PM
is the story done for the night :(

hunter1947
06-17-2012, 03:58 AM
Looking forward to the stories latter today..

TSW
06-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Looking forward to the "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say.

gbear
06-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Unfortunately, the weekend of June 8- 10, I am committed to go to Vancouver for some meetings. I decide I need to make up for those lost days, and I will take some days off work.

I take Thursday the 7th off. Head to both areas. Area #2 road, I am finally able to make it over the pass, and get in the main valley. Yes! There are a few patches of green along the road, and there is grizzly sign. I figured I would then check out area #1, and then decide where to be for prime time.

I make an attempt for area #1. The creek is still high, but not as bad as the weekend before. But, I am solo, so I drift a bit more. Yikes. I get by and start heading up the valley. I get to about the 70km mark. Haven’t seen any bears yet, but good sign in lots of areas, and it’s starting to green up. Around this point I notice the clouds are really rolling in, and a few minutes later it starts raining. A few minutes after that, it starts pouring. And, I mean buckets.

I figured I would press on to see at least how far in I can get. I’m in the Rhino, so not getting terribly wet. I really want to make it close to the back end where I can walk there as there are a few great slides that hold grizzly bears. Judging by the snow in the bush, and on the mountains, I already know I’m not going to make it in, or even close, but I am only about 7 km from where I made it to a week before.

I get to where I was the week previous, and am able to make another 1km or so up the valley, and that is it. Instantly in changes to a couple feet of snow again. By this time, the rain is really coming down, and I notice that between the rain and snow melt (rain on snow type event), there is a small creek running down the road.

Instantly, my mind switches gears and remembers the deep creek crossing. I looked to the sky, and there is no way the storm is letting up, and I decide I better make a run for it. At this point, I am about 30km in from the creek crossing, and I decide I better make a move and make some miles.

I’m actually travelling back pretty fast, and come around a corner and on an old landing that is greened up nicely, I see a bear as I am going by. I hit the brakes, and as it turns, I see it’s a good sized GRIZZLY, but he runs pretty quick. Too bad, but in the end, likely a good thing. I continue on quickly and finally get back to the creek crossing. I see the water is much higher and faster. I realize I don’t have much of a choice, so don’t even stop to look too close and freak out about it. I just put it in 4 wheel drive and go. Within a few feet, the Rhino is full of cold mountain water, and I am basically sitting in my seat, belly button deep in water. But, the Rhino keeps chugging along while drifting downstream a bit. But, I make it thankfully. Good thing for that snorkel kit as the hood was under water much of the time.

I get back to the truck and it’s still pouring, and decide to pack up and head home. There are a few spots even on the main road that tend to flood, and I don’t want to risk not making it out.

Rackmastr
06-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Wow great story so far!!!!!

srupp
06-17-2012, 12:01 PM
hmmm great read and adventure..

Steven

gbear
06-17-2012, 02:00 PM
I came back from Vancouver on the evening of June 10th. I made arrangements to take some days off for the last week of the season. So, the morning of the 11th I head back to my zone. This trip, I decide to also take my mountain bike with me.

It was becoming obvious I wasn’t going to make it in to the good slides, and I would have to hunt the greening up roads. I had the theory that the Rhino was spooking bears off the road without letting me see them. And, there were now a lot of stretches with really good bear sign, and I figured I would bike those areas as it would be faster than walking, and therefore I could check out more of them, and just use the Rhino to get me close to the general area.

First place I go is up the side drainage to area #2. Its early afternoon, and I want to check out areas of sign. This time I am able to get to the 23km board before I hit the wall of snow. So, that’s not too bad. On the trip, I notice that from about km 11 to km 16, the grass was amazingly green, and the grizzly sign was everywhere. I definitely make a mental note of this.

I come back down, and start heading to area #1.

Again, my strategy is to check areas in the day, and decide where to be for prime time. Well, I get to that creek crossing, and see that the water is up about 18-20 inches. The week before was bad enough, and there is no way I feel comfortable to make an attempt. So, I come to the conclusion that the entire back 50km of the valley are out of the question for the rest of the season.

I check a couple other areas in the afternoon, and see some sign, along with 2 black bears. I decide to go back to the truck, and have some dinner. At this point, I know I want to be somewhere between 11km and 16km on the road in area #2 for that prime time evening hunt.

BiG Boar
06-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Man, it sure sounds like fun. Wish I was back hunting those beasts. Good for you on the effort so far put in.

nature girl
06-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I am really enjoying your story so far.

bccanadian
06-17-2012, 04:55 PM
And.........???....lol

gbear
06-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Around 7pm, I decide it’s time to go back up the road to area #2, and park the Rhino at the 10km board. I take my time going up, and get to the 10km board shortly after 7:30pm. I then proceed to unload my mountain bike and start peddling slowly along through that next section where the grass was so green and the sign plentiful.

Well, it doesn’t take long, and I see my first grizzly of the night. He’s off in a cutblock, but not in a good spot to stock, and he has no idea I am there. I figure to leave him a bit and see where he is a bit later.

I ride a bit further, and around another corner is a sow and a cub on the side of the road. Cool!! Watch them for a bit, and eventually I feel I should get moving along, so make my presence visible and they move off. But, they were in no hurry.

I get by them, and a couple more corners, and I see another Grizzly. This one is by itself and feeding on all the green grass. I look it over, and it’s got a beautiful hide. Really nice color, and I am amazed I don’t see any obvious rubs considering its June 11th. I range the bear and he’s just over 400 yards ahead, and again has no clue I am there. The bear is not the biggest by any means, but I can’t get over the color on it. It is alone, and I decide to make a stock as things looked and felt right for this one.

Bighorn hunter
06-17-2012, 05:38 PM
:). Awsome Rob! Looking forward to the conclusion

Manglinmike
06-17-2012, 05:51 PM
your killing me man get typing!

nolimits
06-17-2012, 05:59 PM
LOL, that's how you get people to keep coming for more. I myself can't wait for the rest of this super interesting story.

BlacktailStalker
06-17-2012, 06:23 PM
If this ends today it will be a great end to an already perfect fathers day lol

gbear
06-17-2012, 09:34 PM
If this ends today it will be a great end to an already perfect fathers day lol

That's a great reason to get to it, lol

coach
06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Epic story!! Looking forward to the rest of it. Thanks for the entertainment.

gbear
06-17-2012, 10:01 PM
I ditch the mountain bike, and get myself in the ditch and start easing up and working in. The wind is mostly good, but once in awhile it swirls, and I just hope for the best.

I work my way up to a point and look at the bear again, and now it’s only 240 yards. It doesn’t appear that I can get much closer without risking being seen, so I figure if I am going to shoot, it will be from here. The bear still doesn’t know I am there. I lean up against the bank of the ditch, and push a mound of dirt together to get it to the right height so my gun sits nicely on my shoulder. I check it out, and it’s nice and steady. I even go through the motions of squeezing the trigger and it is nice and steady.

I watch the bear a bit more for several minutes. Still alone, so that is good. With the swirling wind, I feel that it gets a whiff of me once in awhile as I see the nose up in the air.

I’m laying there, waiting for the bear to turn broadside. Finally in what seems like 10 minutes, but is more likely only a couple, the bear turns broadside. I put the crosshairs on the shoulder, and squeeze off a shot.

The bear drops instantly!!

Holy crap!

I look, and it appears it’s trying to get up, and is about half way to its feet, so I squeeze off another shot.

Back down it goes!

It’s not moving anymore, and then a few seconds later, I hear the death moan. I have to admit, I never knew a grizzly did the death moan. This is my 3rd grizzly, and I have never heard it before, and any other stories I have heard about the death moan have been from black bears. I later asked others, and some have heard it before, but that wasn’t my experience previously.

The good thing is, I know this bear is done, and I have no tracking job to do as it is in the middle of the road. But, there is bad news too.

The bad news being that this is the 4th grizzly bear I have seen in the last 10 minutes of biking this road, and now it’s doing the death moan and I get overwhelmed with the fear that it will attract one of the other bears. Oddly enough, between that fear/worry, and the adrenaline dump I just experienced, I feel really nauseous all of a sudden.

The death moan stops, and I see the bear is dead. I then found it odd that I didn’t really want to approach it. Instead, I feel the safest thing (remember, I am solo on this) to do is to bike back to the Rhino, and come back with it and then deal with the bear. On my way back to the Rhino, I see another grizzly. My 5th one of the evening. I get to the Rhino, and decide to send out pre programmed SPOT message so my coordinates go out, along with a message of success. After, I fire up the Rhino and go back to the bear. I am still a bit worried about taking care of this bear on my own with so many others around.

So, I am thinking of what best to do. I do have my pack alarm with me, and figure I could set up a perimeter around me to warn me. That seems like a good option. But, I then notice the ditch is pretty deep. I think, maybe I should put my Rhino in the ditch, and see if I can roll the bear into the back end.

By gosh, when I put the Rhino into the ditch, and open the tail gate, it’s only about 2 inches off the ground. The bear is only about 5 feet away from this spot and between rolling it, using a ratchet tie down strap, and a portable winch I carry, I get him into the back. I load up my bike on top of him, and get the heck out of there. I decide the safest place to go is back down to where my truck is and work on him there.

So, that’s what I do. On the way down to the truck, I see my 6th Grizzly of the evening.

Once near the truck, I unload him and take time to take several pictures. I felt safer down in this area, and was able to take the time to set up the camera and use the timer to get a number of pictures, which I haven't really done before with a Grizzly.

What a day! The grizzlies seemed to come out of the woodwork that evening. I’d like to think it had something to do with going in stealth mode on my mountain bike, but it could have also been being in the right place at the right time on the right day. Thankfully everything lined up, and I was able to harvest this beautiful colored bear. Again, he’s not my biggest, but it’s a good solid representative with some great color.

Altogether this season, I was able to put in 10 days out there. During that time, I seen 9 grizzly bears, countless blacks, deer, elk, moose and several mountain goats.

gbear
06-17-2012, 10:05 PM
And finally, some pictures. Hope you enjoyed sharing my adventure with me. :-D

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0496_640x480_.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0502_640x480_.JPG

Here is the full load:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0486_640x480_.JPG

whitetailsheds
06-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Good job Rob.....congrats on the time and effort you put into it.

nolimits
06-17-2012, 10:06 PM
This story is going to be epic here, thanks so much for sharing.

gbear
06-17-2012, 10:08 PM
And a few more:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0495_640x480_.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0498_640x480_.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0497_640x480_.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0491_640x480_.JPG

Neff
06-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Excellent story... Excellent pics!

gbear
06-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Good job Rob.....congrats on the time and effort you put into it.

Thanks Grant!

BlacktailStalker
06-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Real nice looking bear, great coat. Good read, thanks.

gbear
06-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Excellent story... Excellent pics!

They are up now!

moose2
06-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Congratulations on a nice looking bear, and thanks for a great story that kept us coming back for more.
Mike

vip_ruger
06-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Great story Rob and a beauty of a bear Congrats

Hammerhead
06-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Great story and a great looking bear. I enjoyed the read
well done
HH

BiG Boar
06-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Nice looking bear. Was it a boar or a sow? The more experience I can gain on seeing the differences in the face, the better prepared I will be to pick out a nice boar. At this point, I have no idea what it is. Great story too, thanks for posting.

big game chaser
06-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Great story bud!

warren0427
06-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Really good story. Congrats on a beautiful bear

monasheemountainman
06-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Wow great story and great bear! Good job man! Super jealous

hunter1947
06-18-2012, 02:31 AM
Very nice looking Grizzle you got on your hunt the story is tops that you put up on HBC ,congrats on getting this fantastic bear..

Tikka270wsm
06-18-2012, 06:45 AM
That was a fantastic story of your success. Very exciting indeed. Congrats!

boxhitch
06-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Attago Rob Nice bear
Good story too, but not sure if it beat Big Boar's for time lag or not.

6 K
06-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Yep that's a nice color for sure.
Good job.

ElliotMoose
06-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Beauty color on that sucker! Great story and pics, thanks for sharin'

Bighorn hunter
06-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Beauty bear Rob, nicely done:)

Cheers
BH

SUAFOYT
06-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Great read and nice pics. I hope that that bike was bought at MEC. You should submit it for their next catalogue:twisted:

06-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Great story and nice bear!

Caribou_lou
06-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Great looking bear... About time there were some pics! Probably my 15th time opening this thread!

kennyj
06-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Great story,really enjoyed it. Very nice grizzly.
kenny

d6dan
06-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Good bear and super story Gbear. Thanks for the read.:-D

Manglinmike
06-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Nice work on a great bear and also a great story

bccanadian
06-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Congratulations on a good bear and a great story.

SKYLINE
06-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Congrats Rob! Nice to see you get rewarded for all the hard work and effort you put in. Looks like a real beauty!!!!

yama49
06-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Really nice colour on this bear.. Congrats

91Jason91
06-18-2012, 07:56 PM
great story and pics man thanks for sharing

BCHunterFSJ
06-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Loved your story and pics... Nice grizz - cogratulations!
I suppose if you told me where you were hunting you'd have to kill me!!

Rattler
06-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Great story and pics Rob! Awesome bear...my dream grizzly. Thanks for sharing...

The Hermit
06-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Wonderful story and congrats on a really nice bear!

I'm surprised that Rattler dreams of any Grizzly other than the one that bit his ass, and those would be nightmares! :-)

ElectricDyck
06-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Beautiful g bear gbear! Great story, since I can't be hunting it's nice to read about hunting.

gbear
06-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks everyone! It was a very enjoyable hunt!

nature girl
06-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Thank you for taking the time to write out the story and posting the pictures.
And an awesome grizzly.

Kitimat Killer
06-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Love the colour of you bear man those mnt bears are sure awesome

Call of the Wild
06-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Awesome story and good job on a very nice grizzly!! Later that night you must have been a happy camper.

gbear
06-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Awesome story and good job on a very nice grizzly!! Later that night you must have been a happy camper.

Yes, most certainly! By the time I got it all skinned out and taken care of, it was well after one when I arrived at home. The adrenaline kept me awake for the drive, lol.

silvertipp
06-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks for alowing us along on your hunt,gave me the willys just reading it
great colour on that bear ,you sir have had some great success with those buggers
did you measure him or i presume hes a him

Mik
06-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Congrats on the Grizz. Great colors on him. Excellent story, thanks for sharing it.

behemoth
06-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Grizzy hunting on a mountain bike! Epic! Congratulations

jaeger
06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
congratulation gbear on a great hunt and a good story!
jaeger

Deer_Slayer
12-14-2012, 10:00 PM
thanks for a great read and great pics. Musta been a lil nerv wracking with all those grizz around. Congrats on a great adenture

Moose63
12-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Does anyone else recommend or have used a bike while road hunting? I always wondered about using one.

yiorgo3
12-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks for sharing your story and pictures! What an adventure!

waynorth
12-19-2012, 11:53 AM
well done. thanks for sharing.