PDA

View Full Version : Port Albernie sockeye

338 Mag
06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Anyone been up fishing in the canal lately sports fishing,I here the natives are doing ok and lots of fish going up river.

Jeff88
06-13-2012, 09:04 PM
theres the odd one being caught off china creek ..ive had a few buddies out earlier in the week ..give it another week or 2 and it will be crazy

Moosehunter64
06-13-2012, 09:20 PM
The water in the river is pretty high and cold so the fish are going straight thru they are not holding in the canal like they have in other years so you just have to take your chance when they are going through.

Jeff88
06-13-2012, 09:24 PM
The water in the river is pretty high and cold so the fish are going straight thru they are not holding in the canal like they have in other years so you just have to take your chance when they are going through.

they pretty much do that every year ...the first couple waves go straight up to the lake ,..once it warms up a bit they will hold up in the harbour ...trust me ..it will be awsome in 2 weeks ..it will sudenly turn on like a switch ...just not yet ...the best time is the first 2 weeks of july

lorneparker1
06-13-2012, 09:38 PM
they pretty much do that every year ...the first couple waves go straight up to the lake ,..once it warms up a bit they will hold up in the harbour ...trust me ..it will be awsome in 2 weeks ..it will sudenly turn on like a switch ...just not yet ...the best time is the first 2 weeks of july

I hope you are right. but if the weather stays the same as it has for the last 2 months(cool and wet) they wont be holding much.

dingdongdenny
06-20-2012, 04:33 PM
the natives have been doing good, there coming in with cash to make big purchases.

rifleman
06-20-2012, 04:38 PM
we went up Tuesday to fish the river, lots being caught. talked to the guys at gone fishin & they said it was hit or miss in the canal.

Jeff88
06-20-2012, 05:15 PM
well ,good news ..my brother just called ,hes out trolling in front of china creek right now..in 1 hour hes landed 4 outa 6 fish ,,so there starting to bite ...

there you go guys ,get out there and start slayen them

Jeff88
06-20-2012, 05:35 PM
asshole phoned me again ..what is it 15 mins later ...now has 8 fish ...its defenetly time to get the rods in boys

Jeff88
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
14 sockeye in 3.5 hours ...not too bad

i must say though ,it was done from a guy whos fished hard for 30 years ,so lots of experience

Whistler
06-20-2012, 07:46 PM
the natives have been doing good, there coming in with cash to make big purchases.

You sound jealous? :-). Maybe they got some cash from Enbridge?

Whonnock Boy
06-20-2012, 09:09 PM
You sound jealous? :-). Maybe they got some cash from Enbridge?

Well, it's official. We've got the new CS in the house....... Actually it would not surprise me if this is CS..... :neutral:

lorneparker1
06-20-2012, 09:20 PM
heard the sockeye are starting to fire up. Quite a few limits at the cleaning table today is the word.

IronNoggin
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
heard the sockeye are starting to fire up. Quite a few limits at the cleaning table today is the word.

Started to Fire Up on Monday, Tuesday was better, yesterday "OK" in the am, apparently actually a tad better in the eve (now THAT's a bit of a change!). Cous, Dunsmuir, China, Arden and the Slide all producing, chiefly shallow depths.

Of Note:

"Area B Seine - fishery planned for June 25th. There will be a closed area for seines as recommended by the recreational sector. This area is subject to adjustment by the Area 23 Salmon Harvest committee, depending on sockeye abundance in-season. The initial seine closed area will be bounded in the north by a line from Dunsmuir Point to the pilings north of China Creek and, in the south by a line drawn from Hocking Point due easterly to the opposite shore."

No change to the seine opening nor "exclusion zone" at this time.

Cheers,
Nog