fozzy
06-13-2012, 07:23 PM
That would be awesome! Fitness and 3D shooting, I like it

Brambles
06-13-2012, 10:51 PM
I'd do that, looks great

Bowzone_Mikey
06-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Not really a new era .... but looks like a great site ...Tough on the elderly and other folks with bad knees etc....

Kamloops club back in the day used to hold a shoot at Todd Mtn (I think its called Sunpeaks now)

Pretty sure this year CDN 3D nationals are being held on a Ski Mountian too... Silver Star???? is it???;)

Aparently back in the Day before PG got their range and property ... the 3D was held a few times on Tabor mtn...

Just sayin'

Kirby
06-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Kamloops club back in the day used to hold a shoot at Todd Mtn (I think its called Sunpeaks now)

When was that? I have been shooting with the kamloops club for ~ 25 years and never heard of that 3D

Amphibious
06-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Bogus! very fun hill, landed there a bunch of times. Boise is my favourite place in the lower 48.

I've been to 2 3D events, and from what I saw, 90% of 3D shooters will have a heart attack before finishing that course. ;)

Bow Walker
06-14-2012, 07:56 AM
He mentioned bringing a backpack..............well, I've got a front-pack - it's called a beer belly on some, although mine is just relaxed muscle - anyway, I doubt that me and my 'front-pack' (coupled with my out-of-shape legs and wonky ticker) could ever make it around a course like that.

Does sound like a lot of interesting shots though.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-14-2012, 08:02 AM
When was that? I have been shooting with the kamloops club for ~ 25 years and never heard of that 3D
I dunno ... Chatten told me about it a few years back

greybark
06-14-2012, 09:43 AM
He mentioned bringing a backpack..............well, I've got a front-pack - it's called a beer belly on some, although mine is just relaxed muscle - anyway, I doubt that me and my 'front-pack' (coupled with my out-of-shape legs and wonky ticker) could ever make it around a course like that.

Does sound like a lot of interesting shots though.

I`m with BW on this one .
No profit from the limited number of archers and again only the few will be even fewer involved in course setup . Fail ......

The Dude
06-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Will attract more folks to the sport, great way to get in shape and hone your skills.
The WIN is strong in this idea.

REMINGTON JIM
06-14-2012, 09:59 AM
That would be Amazing but as BW said i would have to lose the front pack before attempting that course ! :-D RJ

Kirby
06-14-2012, 10:19 AM
I dunno ... Chatten told me about it a few years back

Well I shot with Al all the time that he was in kamloops and I don't remember it. I know we kicked the idea around, maybe my mind is going in my old age.

Kirby

hardnocks
06-14-2012, 11:08 AM
sounds just about like the old summerland or merrit 3d courses.... less the altitude

oldtimer
06-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Check out the past extremely hard to walk / hike for the majority of hunters and they won't be there. As hardnocks says reminds him of Merritt. used to be a good shoot until they made it an endurance challenge. Check out the number of shooters in pre cub and cub and also M60 that attend shoots on a regular basis and you won't find them at courses that are not " Enjoyable " My 2 cents......Mike

Bowzone_Mikey
06-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Well I shot with Al all the time that he was in kamloops and I don't remember it. I know we kicked the idea around, maybe my mind is going in my old age.

Kirby

Might be the way I recall the conversation as well .... as it took place at the He-Ho-Ha shoot circa 2003 ish .... when I first met him

Regardless ... my original point still stands as this is hardly a "new era" ... Aint nothing like shooting second week in August on some mountain in the eastern states ..and have it snow on ya ;)

rocksteady
06-14-2012, 12:41 PM
If it sparks more interest from the shooters who are bored with the flat ground, easy access 3-D courses, all the power to them....