PDA

View Full Version : Leupold warranty

BromBones
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Had a parcel in the mail today that I never had a look at until I got home. I was little surprised to see it was a package from Korth Group Ltd, and started thinking, "I dont remember sending in a scope for warranty??". :confused:

Sure enough my name and add. is on the shipping label. Hmmmm.... open it up and there is a Leupold VX-1 4-12 in the box with a list of repairs - pretty much all the internals have been replaced and some glass as well. Basically a brand new scope. The funny thing is it's not even my scope! Haven't sent one to them for a year or two, but my name and address are on the invoice as well. Got a kick out of it anyways, it's not everyday a free Leupold scope shows up in the mail.:-D

Asked around my relatives to see it might have been one of theirs, but not so. Guess I'll have to phone Korth with the scope serial number and all that, see if they can figure out who it belongs to. Some poor ******* might be a little unhappy if he doesn't get his scope back. :twisted:

Weatherby Fan
06-12-2012, 06:33 PM
See told ya Leupold has a good waranty and they go above and beyond !

REMINGTON JIM
06-12-2012, 06:34 PM
OH you have it ! I'm sure its mine ! Please forward it to m:wink:e ! RJ

BromBones
06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Yup top notch warranty for sure - "Just in case you do break your scope, take this extra one for a backup" :)

Moose Guide
06-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Your a good man!!! Someone else is waiting for that scope, it is nice to see such honesty!!!

91Jason91
06-12-2012, 09:14 PM
See told ya Leupold has a good waranty and they go above and beyond !

lol I would say so about and beyound

SHAKER
06-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Want to sell it? Whats better then a free scope? free Cash!

Steelwheels
06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
You sure it's not my matte black VX3 ?

BromBones
06-13-2012, 06:18 PM
^^ Nope, VX-I. :)

Still waiting to hear back.

anglo-saxon
06-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Yep, some poor guy out there scatching his head and wondering where his scope has got to. Good for you for planning to send it back!

WaderGator
06-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Maybe I'll join their mailing list haha

RiverOtter
06-14-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm thinking Korth would make it right, despite Brom's doing the right thing......

Ruger4
06-14-2012, 06:14 AM
^^ Nope, VX-I. :)

black vx3 , Still waiting to hear back.

sounds like they sent you the wrong repair , I'd want it back if it was mine

pescado
06-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Good on you for telling them, lots wouldn't. Could here all talk about customer service if it was "Bushnell" instead of Korth that made that screw up. Everyone makes some mistakes and it's good to here there are still some honest people around. If I understand it correctly you never even had a scope there for repair did you?

BromBones
06-14-2012, 07:56 AM
If I understand it correctly you never even had a scope there for repair did you?

Nope.

Have sent scopes there in the past, but it's been a year or two (and I got them all back within a week)

BlacktailStalker
06-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Good karma coming your way in the LEH draws !

pescado
06-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Nope.

Have sent scopes there in the past, but it's been a year or two (and I got them all back within a week)

Wow, makes you wonder... Hope you've at least heard back or it will make me wonder even more. I would have thought it would have been something they would have wanted to clear up and would have gotten back in touch with you promptly. Strange. Sure glad it's not my scope and Leupold is fortunate they sent it to an honest person. If I owned the company it would be a free scope for you and the owner would get a new one.

RiverOtter
06-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Could here all talk about customer service if it was "Bushnell" instead of Korth that made that screw up.

If it was bushnell, the scope would have been sent back unrepaired, with a bill for the return shipping.......:twisted:

BromBones
06-15-2012, 04:59 PM
If I owned the company it would be a free scope for you and the owner would get a new one.

Turns out they thought the same way. :)

I guess there was a mix up along the line, somehow it turned out that they thought I had sent the scope in. They said it was all sorted out though - I said alright I'll send this one back but don't want to pay for the shipping. They said nope it's all sorted out, you can keep the scope. I guess the original owner of the scope was bugging them about what was taking so long/where his scope was, and when they couldn't find it anywhere they replaced it with a new one for him. Then they found out I had it, but had already squared away with the previous owner.

Guess I can make use of it as a birthday or x-mas present for someone.

Or mount it on my 7x57. ;)

Everett
06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
That is sweet outcome the honest guy gets a pat on the shoulder for a change Korth are pretty quality outfit.

dogger
06-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Honesty does pay off. Why woudnt anybody buy from Korth. Top notch outfit.

Islandbowhunter
06-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Nice to hear how this turned out.