PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of Halibut being open in early August?

huntinnut
06-11-2012, 05:12 PM
A couple of us interior boys are thinking about a fishing trip to Port Hardy in early August, and with the new Halibut regs I'm wondering what the chances of the season still being open by then. It won't change wether or not we come but it would be interesting to know what our chances might be.

Karl.

Weatherby Fan
06-11-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes it will still be open for you,just a gut feeling nothing to back it up.

MB_Boy
06-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Ya.....it didn't shut down Sept long weekend last year if I recall correctly.

I would be pretty confident on it being open.

SUAFOYT
06-11-2012, 05:50 PM
We'll be there as well. We had a blast last year and hope to do the same this year. Confident they'll be open but with DFO you never know. Have you ever fished halis there before? It sure isn't like Tofino or Ukee. Are you camping or hoteling it?

IronNoggin
06-11-2012, 07:30 PM
My Crystal Ball says: It WILL be OPEN!

And that you can take to the Bank! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog

huntinnut
06-11-2012, 09:20 PM
I was there in 08, and we caught a few halis. It was my first time fishing on the coast and the friends I was there with had been there for salmon a couple times, but never hali. The buddy i'll be going with this year has been there 2 or 3 times, so we're looking forward to it for sure. Mostly there for Salmon and a good camp-out! We,re from Creston so we mostly fish Kootenay lake. Our eyes get pretty big seeing all the different species of fish out there! I think we'll be camping, unless we end up staying with friends of friends.

Karl.