PDA

View Full Version : Where are bears in the lower mainland?

hunter fisher
06-11-2012, 06:36 AM
where should i head for the last couple days of spring bear? squamish? harrison? whistler? any help would be great, thanks

russm
06-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Been to squamish a bunch of times this year and haven't seen shit,we'll that's a lie cuz that's all that I've seen.....

-SEAN
06-11-2012, 08:28 AM
#3 Past Manning Park ..

Amphibious
06-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Everywhere. Get out of the treestand, you'll find them.

nolimits
06-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Been to squamish a bunch of times this year and haven't seen shit,we'll that's a lie cuz that's all that I've seen.....

I couldn't agree more, nothing to see except for bear crap in Squamish, it almost feels like them bears got a memo in the morning that the hunters are coming. If you want to go to Squamish and hope to see a bear, make sure you take nice bear pictures with ya :-D:-D:-D

604redneck
06-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I always see them around jones lake

Paulyman
06-11-2012, 08:47 AM
All the places you listed are fine.

olharley guy
06-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Howdy, saw a fair size one walking along the tracks a couple days ago-just south of Hope - Herling area along the freeway. Later

Steeleco
06-11-2012, 10:38 AM
If you can find the shit, the bears are not far off. My trip out Sat we found 3 piles worthy of a walk. Sounds like Squamish is the place to go!!

vortex hunter
06-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I couldn't agree more, nothing to see except for bear crap in Squamish, it almost feels like them bears got a memo in the morning that the hunters are coming. If you want to go to Squamish and hope to see a bear, make sure you take nice bear pictures with ya :-D:-D:-D

Thats wrong I have No problem Finding bears in Squamish I shot my first bear this year in Squamish and my last one in Loops but last year I also shot a bear in Squamish If you need help finding them PM ME

longstonec
06-11-2012, 11:22 AM
If you go out in the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise.
You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

vortex hunter
06-11-2012, 11:24 AM

Thats funny

Paulyman
06-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Skagit Valley is loaded with Bears.

rides bike to work
06-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Ya skagit valley trophy black tail to

fraser3006
06-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Sawaqua creek area. Saw 2 Bears out there last week. To close to the highway for a shot but there there. West side of Harrison has a lot of bear but they very sneaky out there. To much pressure on them.

vortex hunter
06-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Skagit Valley is loaded with Bears.

Shot my bear last year out of there ...

jikjak
06-13-2012, 11:48 PM
can anyone recommend any good areas near whistler?
ive gone out looking 5 times in the last 5 weeks but so far nothing.

checked out squamish several times and only saw scat (as mentioned aboveb) and yesterday (camped one night) i was somewhere near whistler and saw a few bear but they were either in a place where we couldnt shoot or it spooked too quickly. at least i finally saw some bear though! also found someones gut pile and it was still there the next day. i didnt see a thing this morning before heading back.

id like to try one more time this friday so any tips would be great! it would be nice to get a buzzer beater before the spring bear season ends.

300wsmXboltKiller
06-14-2012, 12:20 AM
all i can tell u is bears are moving farther away from roads as bush is just as green next spring go very early to nice new green grass bears will be there soon there diets will change aswell check any cutblocks u know of there gunna be rooting and wanderering alot more as there groggyness is way over and there alert keep wind in your favor walk were u see sign vehicles spook them alot more late spring goodluck bring your camera

pg83
06-14-2012, 05:52 AM
I would head downtown. I hear they ride the garbage trucks around.

MFERGIE
06-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Trust me when I say there is no shortage of bears in Squamish! Like Steelco said if theres shit on the road they are there. Trick up there is to be on it first before everyone else including the logging trucks, graders etc. Get your butt up the gravel past 27km Squamish river no hunting area before the sun comes up and pull over and walk....I'm talking the CRACK of legal light, walk, walk cut in and out of the trails towards the river and hit the spur roads that are steep to the right....on foot and be quiet....first light and last light are best for movement when its cool but don't be fooled they are out in full force throughout the day. Good luck, shoot a bear save an elk calf!

jikjak
06-14-2012, 09:16 PM
thanks for the advice. ill leave around 4 am and hopefully get lucky!

Jagermeister
06-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Call up BearAware, they can point you to one in North Vancouver.

MFERGIE
06-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Jikjak whats the word? Buzzer beater or shutout? Either way hope the trip was a success whether you bagged one last minute or learnt something new for next spring! Lets hear about this last hurrah.......

jikjak
06-15-2012, 11:32 PM
just got back not too long ago and it was a shutout. :(
only bear i spotted was a nice cinnamon one off the hwy.
maybe i should have went to vancouver island! there are some nice success stories there.

hopefully i will get lucky this fall!

nolimits
06-15-2012, 11:49 PM
just got back not too long ago and it was a shutout. :(
only bear i spotted was a nice cinnamon one off the hwy.
maybe i should have went to vancouver island! there are some nice success stories there.

hopefully i will get lucky this fall!

At least you tried. Hope you had a pleasant day out there on your hunt. I also wish I could go out on the last day to give it a try.

longstonec
06-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Just incase people wherent paying attention