PDA

View Full Version : Christian Valley Update

blaker_99
11-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey everyone hope all is going well. Just wondering if anyone of you have had a chance to hit the bush in the Christian Valley very much recently. I was there fri,sat,sun and was fairly foggy but was able to spot a few smaller bucks way back in the bush. Saw quite a few road hunters as i was sitting int he camper at noon break but in the bush it was pretty quiet where i go. How is everyone else doing in the CV? let me know thanks all. cheers. Keep your heads down and rifles up!8)

mtnmax
11-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Was there sat sun. Fairly quiet were I was as well. I have been going through a tough go of finding bucks for myself the last couple years. I saw a spike first thing sat morning and by 10am he was hanging and skinned and back looking for one for dad. There were some BIG BOYS on top of the mtn but it is also thicker than s#!t in there.

blaker_99
11-06-2006, 11:45 PM
i agree, i have seen a few* bigger bucks in a few of my remote areas where i have done a lot of google earth explorations and topo map explorations upon. Our family has been hunting the valley since the early 1900's. yes i know we are extremely fortunate to have the knowledge from other generations but i have even seen in the past few years the number of big bucks (160-180_ have diminished greatly. A very dedicated hunter may only see that calibur buck once every 5-7years in that area now. I know they're out there and i'm willing to hold off and let some of the 14-150 class bucks live until next year when they become mature and and ready to harvest. I do like my odds of hammering a big boy in a few of my areas and if not there's always the bow only season which is very quiet and nice where i hunt. just my two bits i'd like to hear what the rest of you think. congrats on the freezer filler "mtnmax". cheers