PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on these 2 sights

mikeboehm
06-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Well i narrowed my search to 2 sights. The spot hogg hunter 5 and the spot hogg real deal. What are your thoughts. The real deal is alot lighter and more compact but the hunter has more adjustments

Ambush
06-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Real Deal. All micro adjust. Get the wrapped version, for sure.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Real Deal. All micro adjust. Get the wrapped version, for sure.

What he said

Both are good sights ... but the Real Deal is far superior for simplicity, functionality ..... More adjustments doesnt always mean better .... it means a few more things to Mess up and cause you headaches ... There is a fine grey line there sometimes between awesomeness and PITA
:mrgreen:

If it were me ... I wouldnt think twice about the Real Deal

Bow Walker
06-08-2012, 10:55 AM
X3 on the Real Deal. I've got one and they are tough as nails, easy to adjust/set, and once set up they stay that way.

As Mike said - too many adjustment possibilities leads to way too much fiddling with your sight. Simple is better.

Besides - once you set you sight up properly that's the end of the job - except for maintenance and inspection.......

xtremearchery
06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Real Deal for sure. I had both. Real Deal easier setup. Hunter has the 3rd axis and can be hard to tune. They are both bullet proof but you'll be allot happier with the Real Deal wrapped.

mikeboehm
06-09-2012, 04:13 PM
What about the spot hogg right on sight 7 pin

Bow Walker
06-09-2012, 04:31 PM
How fast is your bow? I it's over 280 fps - the pins will be so close together as to be almost indiscernible from one blob of light.............

mikeboehm
06-09-2012, 04:36 PM
It shoots 338 fps . I meant how good is the right on sight. I can always take 2 pins out

Bowzone_Mikey
06-09-2012, 04:41 PM
What about the spot hogg right on sight 7 pin

You shoot an Omen pro .. right? ... Stooopid fast if I recall right .... the 7 pin would be nice to jack out to 90 meters if you were doing that kinda shooting .... But IMHO your closer yardages will be be crammed so close together ... 7 side pins makes for a pretty blocked sight picture window ... If you plan to do far ranges .. i would look at a single pin movable (Because thats what I have ) I didnt think that I would like it on a hunting bow ... But I found the sight picture is so much more open .. I dont think I would like going back to side pins .... a couple of sights are multi pin up pins ... Trophy Ridge comes to mind at the moment ... I think they make a 7. I am loving my HHA .... they make many models with a single pin for all sorts of budget ... you can put a lens on it .... but what I really like about it is the pin brightness adjustibilty ... twist the cover over the wrap in brite sunny spots ... or open it up and shoot at midnite with minimal ambiant light

Bow Walker
06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
If you're wondering about durability, quality, reliability, and/or any other "-ity" of the Spot Hogg sights......wonder no more. They are more than worth the money. I haven't found a better built sight out there yet, or one that is as easily adjustable.

Mike - what model of HHA do you have?

mikeboehm
06-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Ebay has a right on sight 7 pin for $149.99

mikeboehm
06-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Where is the best place to buy a spot hogg

Ambush
06-09-2012, 05:47 PM

I picked up a new bow today and put a five pin Real Deal on it for $170 from T&F Country Sports.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Mike - what model of HHA do you have?

5519 DS Optimizer ... I also have the HHA scope on my Copper John target sight... same sight picture for both
http://jeffsspecialtysports.com/hhaoptimizerliteultra5519sight.aspx
This is my hunting sight

Bow Walker
06-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Check our sponsors first - but these guys are pretty good......http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/sights-spothogg-c-59_289.html

Bow Walker
06-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks Mike - I've been eyeballin' HHA for a while now.....

xtremearchery
06-14-2012, 09:12 AM
You can get a one pin spot hogg as well. Mr Careron Hanes him self shoots that model. He is the MAN when it comes to Western North American bow hunting. He uses the Spot Hogg "Hogg Father". Im thinking about getting this one myself. Worth the look and $$$.

xtremearchery
06-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Use this link to see the Hogg Father,

http://www.spot-hogg.com/bowsights.html

Bow Walker
06-14-2012, 02:12 PM
It's been my experience that sights with a lot of adjustments are merely OK......once you set them up for your bow and your shooting style, they remain that way and all the adjustments don't mean squat. 4th axis, micro tunable, etc., etc., do you really need all those options for adjusting a sight? JMHO = no.