PDA

View Full Version : This Falls Answer to the animal overpopulation problem of BC

Bowzone_Mikey
06-07-2012, 01:08 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/20120606_145430.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/20120606_145613.jpg

2012 Elite Answer dressed up in AP snow
33.5 " Axel to Axel
29" draw set at 68 pounds peak weight (bow maxes out at 73)
outfitted with Elite Archery/Stokerized Stabilizer with a Doinker A-bomb
Rip cord Code red rest
HHA 5519 sight with a .19 pin
Sporting Darkhorse Stud 400 arrows cut to 27.125" dressed with Zeon Fusion Vanes and Tipped with G5 T3 mechanical broadheads total weight 354 grains going 319 feet per second.
Let loose by an old tried and true Carter Hunter release

Alpine sof-loc 3 arrow quiver mounted on the side.
Took it to the range the other day ... Shot a 40 cm target at 70 meters (76.5 yards) in groups of 3 .... not all were in the gold but I didnt score less than an 8 ;) once I got it dialed in

Its been out chasing Bear twice since I got it ... Havent been able to draw yet on a bear I want ... seen lots ... but no Cinnies that would look good with oak floors.

moosinaround
06-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Where's the beverage holder? Is there a gun rack on it? How do you stay on it, theres no seat?;)

RENO
06-07-2012, 06:34 AM
very nice rig, just think Aug 25 bow season is not far off now!

Bow Walker
06-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Nicely dressed for the kill Mike.

Do you find the Zeon vanes noisier than normal Blazer vanes when flying downrange? Have you had a chance to stand downrange and listen?

Do you find the single-pin sight harder to use (selecting and then adjusting your yardage) in a hunting situation rather than a multi-pin sight?

I use a single-pin sight on my target rig - but then I have lots of time to adjust it to the yardage that I judge the target to be at.

358win
06-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Now that's a good looking rig. You know you're high end when it comes with a guard dog.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Nicely dressed for the kill Mike.

Do you find the Zeon vanes noisier than normal Blazer vanes when flying downrange? Have you had a chance to stand downrange and listen?

Do you find the single-pin sight harder to use (selecting and then adjusting your yardage) in a hunting situation rather than a multi-pin sight?

I use a single-pin sight on my target rig - but then I have lots of time to adjust it to the yardage that I judge the target to be at.
Re; Fusions .... No louder than a slick trick and blazers ... I said last year that I noticed noise ... I think thats because I am used to Mech BHs that dont whizz like a fixed BH. As far as the 1 pin sight goes I love it .. I generally set it at about 30 when I set out for a stalk .. but I keep the lock down bolt loose and I I can adjust it with my middle finger from 20 to 60 in a 1/2 second when hook my release ...

Now that's a good looking rig. You know you're high end when it comes with a guard dog.
Thats right ... Guard dog ... Drown you in Licks and Slober if yu get to close

StoneChaser
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Beauty! Smooth mods or speed mods?

Sideofabarn
06-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Re; Fusions .... No louder than a slick trick and blazers ... I said last year that I noticed noise ... I think thats because I am used to Mech BHs that dont whizz like a fixed BH. As far as the 1 pin sight goes I love it .. I generally set it at about 30 when I set out for a stalk .. but I keep the lock down bolt loose and I I can adjust it with my middle finger from 20 to 60 in a 1/2 second when hook my release ...

Thats right ... Guard dog ... Drown you in Licks and Slober if yu get to close

In my want to switch out what already works just fine, I have been thinking about getting a sight with more pins so I can do some longe range practice. I read somewhere that longe range shooting can make a 30-40 yard shot seem almost automatic. Hadn't considered the single adustable option. More agonising to be done...

Ha ha, I think I am still recovering from the wounds from your ferocious beast

Oh yeah, nice rig by the way

The Dawg
06-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Hey Mikey, that bear we stalked up on was a nice size...but when we realized we were holding lightning rods in a storm, I think we made the right call...considering 5 minutes down the road we saw what we could have looked like if we got zapped :D

Bowzone_Mikey
06-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Beauty! Smooth mods or speed mods?
Smooth ... for the extra 10 fps that speed mods provide I really dont like the draw cycle ... in late season the speeds will feel like I would draw 150 pounds .... the smooth mods are the legitimate love child of the Pures cycle and Hunters draw

knockturnal
06-08-2012, 02:50 PM
i think you will find that those zeons become hard after a while. All of mine became very brittle after a season of use. i switched back to normal fusions with no problems.

Superdeuce
06-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Curious how you like it versus the Pure?

Bowzone_Mikey
06-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Curious how you like it versus the Pure?
They are differant Bows I bought for Differant purposes in mind .... I got the full wrap around grip with my Answer as opposed to side plates ...The Jury in my mind is still out on it.

The draw Cycle is a bit differant than the Pure with more of a front end load up ... with a very generous valley like every other Elite I have ever drawn ... with the speed mods a bit of that Valley goes away as well as any sort of creep. I personally like the zero creep ... but with a shoulder with a history I dont shoot bows like that anymore.

Its a tough comparison as they are totally differant bows in my mind ... but generate the same performance. they balance differant as the are 3 inches differant axel to axel .... that said ... both seem to fit me great , I wouldnt hesitate to take either to the woods for a hunt ... however the Pure is better suited for Target duty IMHO simply because of the Answers draw cycle and how it it ramps up ... Seems to take a little more grunt to get up there ...and after 100 arrows one might tend to tire and shot qualty will suffer.

beretta
06-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I would like to get together and shoot when I have all of my stuff moved up in a couple of months.

Superdeuce
06-10-2012, 09:38 AM
good review - thanks

Bowzone_Mikey
06-10-2012, 06:13 PM
I would like to get together and shoot when I have all of my stuff moved up in a couple of months.
send a PM when you get yer stuff up ... and we'll go kill some Paper or Foam

The Dawg
06-10-2012, 06:28 PM
send a PM when you get yer stuff up ... and we'll go kill some Paper or Foam

Im in too.

Ambush
06-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Im in too.

There will be plenty of critters to "kill", this weekend, at the annual Father's Day Shoot at the outdoor range, east of PG. If you still have a tag, there is sometimes a real bear available to.

The Dawg
06-10-2012, 09:56 PM
There will be plenty of critters to "kill", this weekend, at the annual Father's Day Shoot at the outdoor range, east of PG. If you still have a tag, there is sometimes a real bear available to.

I heard :) Mikey sent me a text with the info. Might swing by.