PDA

View Full Version : No game cutter's or cooler's open in Kamloops???

russm86
06-04-2012, 01:08 PM
So I got myself a bear yesterday and have phoned like 6 different places to get it in a cooler hanigng at least but would like someone who could cut it as well. Every one I phoned was closed for renos or not running yet or has stopped running completely. Interior Cut rite is the only listed butcher/meat cutter in Kamloops and they are closed for renos. I got a few names of guys who do just the game hanging coolers but they have either gotten out of the business or are shut down until the fall hunting season starts. We must have more than one cooler/cutter in Kamloops I mean how does Fort St John have like 20? Is there anyone else at all in Kamloops or am I going to have to drive it way out of town somewhere to like Ranier in Little Fort or something? Thanks for any help!!!

bassplayer
06-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Don't know if it would help much but my wife works at A+K Grimm in Penticton. They hang and cut wild game year round. Hopefully there is something closer for you that someone can help you with but if desperation starts to creep up then you may have to make a drive somewhere. Their number is (250)493-9187.

sapper
06-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Check out the Meat Cutter's List in this section of the forum. It is at the top of the page.
"Turns out it's easier to fwd via E-mail. Please send your requests to steeleco@gmail.com for the Mainland list. I'll answer ASAP, it hunting season you know!!!" from Steeleco.
I'd email it to you myself but it is on my home computer.

r106
06-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Steeleco has a list of game cutters and coolers pm him with your e-mail and he will send you a copy

russm86
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Yea I have gone through his list already, same problems and as I said only one place listed for Kamloops again, same as phone book here, and its closed for renos.

Trevorg
06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
theres a place in walhachin if your interested let me know and i can pm the info

Stone Sheep Steve
06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Had the same problem as you(in the same area too)...but then I learned that it's not necessary to hang a bear...so now I just chill it down in the freezer overnight, then chuck it onto a big cooler and butcher it the next day.

Problem solved!

SSS