PDA

View Full Version : Twin Lakes (cherryville)

sako04
06-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Anybody ever been up to the lakes, is it nice(worth going to check out). And did you hunt up there? if so, any good?

wrenchhead
06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Yup part of the pinnacles, beauty spot and yup good Muley areas up there.

Jelvis
06-04-2012, 06:56 PM
MU 8-23
Good deer hunting via Harris creek road
and try the Sugar lake road for a sweet drive past and into the Greenbush Lake onto various spur roads into the mountains, not great but fair muley's.
Lots of black bear in this unit.
Near Cherryville sugar. lol.
Jel

Jagermeister
06-04-2012, 07:03 PM
MU 8-02 reached by Oliver/Cawston backroad, Twin Lake road from Hwy 3A and a road 2km west of Yellow Lake ( Green Lake road ) which leaves Hwy 3A almost opposite the Apex Alpine ski road. The latter runs north of 3, through the corner of 8-2, joining the Penticton-Apex road in MU 8-07.
Good mule deer on the high ground away from roads, good blue grouse.
Jp and the sunshine band ..
Wrong area Dude, the OP asked about Twin Lakes near Cherryville which is not Oliver.

Jelvis
06-04-2012, 07:07 PM
What MU is dat den? Please clarify.

boxhitch
06-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Classic Jelgarble

The Pinnacles , a great hiking area, kinda tough on horses, some mulies

Jelvis
06-04-2012, 07:36 PM
MU 8-23 Lumby - Harris Creek
Harris Creek road is good deer country.
The Sugar Lake road ain't bad it goes on into Greenbush Lake and beyond with spur roads into the mountains.
Sah-weeeet near Cherryville anyvayz lol.
Jel .. Lumby - Harris cleeek. Black bears galore .. in 8-23

one-shot-wonder
06-04-2012, 08:06 PM
MU 8-23 Lumby - Harris Creek
Harris Creek road is good deer country.
The Sugar Lake road ain't bad it goes on into Greenbush Lake and beyond with spur roads into the mountains.
Sah-weeeet near Cherryville anyvayz lol.
Jel .. Lumby - Harris cleeek. Black bears galore .. in 8-23

Is there an echo in the thread????
Maybe your BC backroads map book was photocopied twice???

one-shot-wonder
06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Monashee high country has spotty mule deer in the fall, if you find a group you will be dialed in as there are some great bucks in that country.

September is hit or miss as weather in that country can really make things difficult for alpine hunts.

Take a BB tag, as mentioned high cut blocks are great for black bears hitting berry patches.

06-04-2012, 11:47 PM
way to many hunters around sugar lake in my opinion. there are deer in that region though. my girlfriend got a nice WT doe in cherry ville. all you have to do is get permission from the farmers. and make sure you stay of the private land. even a lot of the fsr's past cherryville are private, but asking permission, especially asking permission with a case of beer, goes a long way.

ncurrie
06-05-2012, 06:35 AM
love it up there, it is beautiful! Great hunting and fishing!

killer_shot
06-05-2012, 07:47 AM
I started hunting out that way. Remember driving around and hiking those cut blocks up there only to miss a buck at 100km/h by maybe an inch heading back to cherryville one day.
Ive def seen more promising areas for hunting since but ive heard stories of huge mule deer coming out of that area. Guess you just need to figure out how and when to hunt it

CatsPreb
06-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Farmers aren't letting people hunt anymore out there I wouldn't waste your time as they are having natives come in and shoot them, which has also brought more native into the area hunting mulies and such, and I've heard that the wolves are abundant taking cattle and deer, outfitter has put a good dent in the bear pop. Good luck

andrewheth
06-05-2012, 02:23 PM
I've hiked into Cusson Lake from the Whatshan side and that was tough! Lots of WT's up high surprisingly and G-Bears of course. Tough country but beautiful.

Gunner
06-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I've hiked into Cusson Lake from the Whatshan side and that was tough! Lots of WT's up high surprisingly and G-Bears of course. Tough country but beautiful.
Yep there's plenty of grizzlies and wolves up the North Fork.It's no wonder all the whitetails are on the farmland and my rancher friend there has had the wolves chasing his horses the last two falls.Unless your in the alpine its very thick country,but I have seen a couple of good mulie bucks up high. Gunner

sako04
06-11-2012, 04:23 PM
is there any fish in twin lakes or any of the other lakes up near the alpine there

andrewheth
06-11-2012, 05:35 PM
I think there is, go to www.habitatwizard.com and locate the lakes. There should be a fish stocking history, I know Cusson has fish.

wrenchhead
06-11-2012, 11:15 PM
We tried fishing twin lakes 5 or6 years ago but there didn't seem to be any activity or sign of them in there. Mt beaven is the ridge/ alpine area across valley from twin lake to the west, it has the big cherry creek fire right up to it on the one side which makes for nice Muley territory.

thepitchedlink
06-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Been up that way a few times...never tried fishing in the lakes, but have spent some time watching them, looking for activity or crusing fish. Never saw a thing. Bumped a few deer up there, but the bush it really thick, then once your up high...never see a thing

iwing
09-03-2013, 11:55 AM
What plant species would the deer in that neck of the woods be eating up there? I saw heather and grass. I was up there and saw zero sign of deer, no tracks no poop. Im not sure what it takes to create a good alpine area and have checked out a few spots recently with little sign found.