PDA

View Full Version : attacked while bear hunting today lol lol

donny.brooke
06-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I was quading with a buddy today bear hunting and we were attacked by a grouse lol lol, i noticed it cross the road behind us when we passed it and i looked back to see it headed in our direction.I thought we spooked it and it was running off to hide, then we carried on a bit and i looked back and it was still headed our way. I told my buddy we were being chased as a joke so we stopped the quad, the bird with its head down was now off the road in the ditch 50 yards away heading our way still. I said lets see how dumb this bird is and see how close he will get before he takes off. At 10 yards he gets back on the road and runs right over to us and starts to make alot of noise and strutting around the quad.My buddy puts out his hand and the bird attacks it, by this time i am laughing my arse off and then i feel the bird attack my boot, we actually got the attack on video, the grouse had a yellow patch above each eye,its been a while since i took my core and cant remember what kind of grouse this is,maybe a new breed of grouse/velocaraptor? when we decided to take off he ran after us for a bit, it was over a 100 yards from where i first spotted the grouse and where the attack happened lol lol. If i can figure out how to get it downloaded i will post the video

keoke
06-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I was attacked once by a grouse. I was too close to her chicks and she was dive bombin at my head.

TheProvider
06-03-2012, 07:01 PM
If you get to close they'll attack, I've had them chase my dog

Mykos
06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Believe it or not, that grouse was probably trying to get it on with your ATV. Ruffed grouse drum on things with their wings at this time of year. Sounds like a 2 stroke engine starting up. I know a guy who calls them 'muffler chickens'. Lots of times I'll get female grouse popping out when running a chainsaw in the bush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jFwdGho1IA&feature=related

russm86
06-03-2012, 07:42 PM
A buddy of mine had exact same thing happen to him on his dirt bike.

Banjo
06-03-2012, 08:36 PM
[/QUOTE],its been a while since i took my core and cant remember what kind of grouse this is,maybe a new breed of grouse/velocaraptor[/QUOTE]

lol

springpin
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
That's funny!

Foxton Gundogs
06-03-2012, 09:25 PM
I've known a couple of guys to be attacked by Blues, seen it once chased the guy back to his truck funny as hell.

3006pg
06-03-2012, 09:32 PM
yep, ive had it before haha

finngun
06-03-2012, 09:59 PM
can you kill grouse for you protection --self defence?:mrgreen:

bosca
06-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Yes...A buddy of mine that really doesn't spend a lot of time out in the bush had a grouse come out of the trees at him all puffed up and ready to rumble. Buddy thought this was pretty funny so he put his arms to the sides and started doing the chicken dance going round and round with the grouse. We were falling over laughing...all of a sudden grouse comes off the stump he was on and puts the run on my buddy and he's running away screaming like a girl. Holy s@!$ I have never laughed so hard. :)
Most of the time I tell that story people kind of look at me like their not sure weather to believe me.

abbyfireguy
06-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys,reading this thread I am laughing so hard I just spilled hot coffee all over myself...Thats gonna leave a mark.

kendoo
06-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Where can a guy get some of that stuff you guys are smoking lol

Spy
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I've been told they can smell fear & normally target the weak !:mrgreen::wink: