PDA

View Full Version : Loon lake Rd.

moosecamp
06-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Anybody know the condition of the road past Loon Lake heading towards Bonaparte Lake. I haven't been in there for a few years and was wondering if a trailer would make it with out to much trouble? Thanks in advance. Moosecamp.

Gun Dog
06-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I haven't been up this year but the road is graded and like a highway. (I haven't been all the way to Bonaparte.)

Bistchen
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Good last year all the way to Hihiume, when we went on a fishing trip.You could drive highway speeds in some sections.

bc traper
06-02-2012, 08:25 PM
The 3400 road was in good condition but I would dout the section from loon lake to the 3400 would have been graded Logging trucks are scheduled to start work on Monday so watch out for them

4pointer
06-04-2012, 03:41 AM
No problems hauling a trailer. Started 3400 and went all the way through to Bonaparte, back around through the buffalo farm down to Vidette, back up via Brigade, down to the Deadman, backup to Hihium, over to Grant, back to Dougherty, through the maze to Clinton, then back up home through the pipeline! Roads are all clear!!

ElliotMoose
06-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Yup roads are clear and won't be a problem hauling a trailer. As mentioned above, watch out for logging trucks.. Some of those guys get going at a pretty good clip and don't like to share too much of the road! Pack a bear tag along, seen a couple nice bruins feeding in the ditches already.

Chris

hillclimber
06-04-2012, 09:32 AM
road is good from loon all the way to bonaparte lake. went there in february i think, and it was plowed. alot smoother in the winter too

Bistchen
06-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Yeah watch out for logging trucks. They arent the friendliest bunch up there !

06-04-2012, 10:02 PM
the road is great up there. I've seen a few bears, deer, moose, grouse, and hunters on that road too. its a good drive. Pull to the side when the logging trucks come by. you can drive it fast but i'd take it slow, I hunt that road in the fall and have never driven it without seeing something that i can legally shoot, or a deer/bear/moose that someone just shot. just two years ago I sat for an hour watching two nice bears eat grass deciding if i should shoot one, but i decided to pass as it was the first day of a week long deer hunting trip in the beginning of october and I would have to take the bear home to avoid it spoiling.