PDA

View Full Version : bc prov. shoot

hardnocks
06-02-2012, 11:06 AM
supper at the prov. in salmon arm we are putting a big hunk of beast on the barbeque and spuds. the cost is nothing just a side dish to put on a pot luck table..... if you play music bring your instrument

dave*
06-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Beast on the Salmon Arm BBQ???????

I am there.

For anyone that has not partaken of hardnocks saturday night BBQ beast potluck dinner you are truly missing out. That was my last seasons memorable shoot meal, hands down.

The SA guys also always put together a good challenging course

D*

threedhunter
06-07-2012, 11:38 AM
The BEAST is to die for, bringin a bigger carvin knife this year so no more burned trigger fingers for the cooker.Salad and mayhap garlic bread as well, Threedhunter

p.s. gonna need a two table setup this year.

hardnocks
06-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Some of the beast will be wild boar. Got one donated yesterday along with some beef....

threedhunter
06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Awesome Hardnocks, see you there, got a salad planned and garlic bread ordered for a bunch.threedhunter

fozzy
06-25-2012, 09:44 AM
So how was the 3D provincials everyone?

BowSitter
06-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Wet!!!!!!!

BHarp
06-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Very wet!!!!!

copeyshort
06-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Very wet would be an under statement for sure. Great course though would have been great if the weather had been better.

oldtimer
06-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Wet!!!!!!!
This from a guy who said " we are from the Island, we are used to this " Good shooting Ron.
Some trails extremely slippery after the Monsoon. some tough hills for old farts but everybody hung in there and competed except one "Oldtimer" whos knees gave out part way through Sunday. B.C. should have good representation at the Nationals.
Congrats to all the winners............Mike

Bow Walker
06-26-2012, 10:18 AM
So...............give us some details on who the winners are and some inside "stories" from around the camp fires...................inquiring minds (and gossip mongers) are avid to know!

Ruger4
06-26-2012, 01:05 PM
heard the numbers were way down , all at Huntfest checkin out Tiffany !!

oldtimer
06-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Dan, no gossip but the few names I do know who medalled.
Michael Wright..high score overall and first pick for team
Samantha Wright..Ladies open
Al Campsall...M50
Brian Harper...Mens open I think
Dave Sema..Hunter class
Adrian Mesner..Traditional
Brother Ron Ron medalled and is first alternate for National team

Not sure of numbers..I heard 136 but not sure.. With the R100 coming and the Nationals this would be the shoot that would suffer although I think numbers are down all over. I am hearing even the R100 numbers are low.
Sorry no gossip and not more info.
Mike

hardnocks
06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
The numbers were better than the 4 other prov. that i have attended .
Some of the divisions were pretty hotly contested .
Al Compsall barely got by Vern Stevens and his 20 year old bow.
Jack Shaul took the men' s open a division he dominated in the late 90s and early 2000sd

Bow Walker
06-26-2012, 04:48 PM
It's nice to see that the family is well represented, yet again Mike. Congrats to Michael and Samantha!

High 5's to my "little" brother!!............................taught him everything he knows.....:wink: :roll:

Yup, Yup, that's my bro over there. Want an autograph? Cost ya though. :cool:

hardnocks
06-26-2012, 05:37 PM
High 5's to my "little" brother!!............................taught him everything he knows.....:wink: :roll:

Yup, Yup, that's my bro over there. Want an autograph? Cost ya though. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Sorry buutt know metal for little bro...

dave*
06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Hunter class had a little drama, one of the second day targets got scrubbed from the scores, it turns out the winner won by two points, if that had not happened Ted K would have won by exactly one point. I'm not sure who protested that one but all I can say is thanks, bumped me up a spot( I looked at that sucker and added a few yards to max and still came in low just below the 8 ring). Numbers are going up in this class to the point it's almost competitive now, hopefully hunter class numbers will go even higher next year.

I think numbers were down simply due to people having superior advanced weather prognostication nowadays, all I can say is my 20 year old North Face tent stayed dry after that deluge, now the rest of my gear.........

That saturday night meal was off the charts good, my hat is off to Merv and his wife for organizing and cooking two kinds of beasts, very tasty beef and whole pig.

This has been my third or so visit to the Salmon Arm course, lots of fun to be had for course set up, one of the reasons I keep travelling inland for this one.

Mosquitos seemed a bit lower in size, number, and voracity this year. I guess there is something good about that much rain.

There were a few minor glitches per FCA rules, hopefully these will get fixed for an even better shoot next year, Salmon Arm is a reasonably central location for a good portion of BC shooters to attend.

Overall an enjoyable shoot, weather excluded, next year I propose Hardnocks be forced to do the anti-raindance everyday for a week in advance at which point all will be well in the universe.

D*

Bow Walker
06-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Talked with brother Ron - he doesn't think he medal-ed at all. In his words he "shat the bed on Sunday".............

Ruger4
06-28-2012, 07:23 AM
did I hear correctly that the stakes were bass ackwards on saturday ?

hunter/unlimited shot from the cub stakes on saturday ?

willyqbc
06-28-2012, 07:59 AM
did I hear correctly that the stakes were bass ackwards on saturday ?

One of the two courses saturday.....would not have been a big deal but there were a bunch of folks competing to make the team for nationals and the funding that goes with it from the BCAA. Not exactly a fair competition when hunter class and M60 shot a whole course at 20 yards and under.....oldtimer shot it, think he told me he figured the average for the whole course was 17, said he only adjusted his sight once off the 20 mark. No way to tell if it would have effected the team selection as we will never know what the green stake shooters who made the team would have scored on a more representative course, but seeing as the green stake is a 40 yard max (no guidelines for minimums).....technically it was perfectly legal so it is what it is.

Chris

Bow Walker
06-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Speaking of funding for the team members............

I've heard the it isn't much at all. Since the shoot is in BC there's no travel allowance and there is precious little in the way of hotel/motel money or funds for food. Although the team members DO get a cheesy vest to wear........

Is that true or was I told a bunch of malarkey?

willyqbc
06-28-2012, 09:46 AM
BW.... the way it works is that the BCAA has the same amount of money available every year to fund the 3D team and the amount of team members differs depending on how far away the nationals are to allow more money to each shooter the farther away it is, and more team members the closer it is. When they are in B.C. like this year the team member numbers jump up to twelve rather than 8 for some of the farther shoots. When it was on the east coast i believe the shooters got around $1000 minus the cost of the shooting shirt and hat. For this one in B.C. I believe it is somewhere between $400-$600....can't recall exactly.
Due to the huge number of different categories the only way we could try and compare them was to use a handicapping system. That system is based on the average medalling score at nationals for that category for the last 5 years. As an example the average podium score for BHO (M) at nationals in the last 5 years is 65 points higher than the same average scores for BHO (F) so the BHO (F) shooters add 65 points to their provincials score for the purposes of determining team qualification. This system has worked exceedingly well with most of the team medalling at nationals every year since we started the program. The only exceptions have been when not enough shooters try for the team so everyone declared makes the team without competing for their spot. On the years where people have actually had to "win" their spot on the team virtually all team members medalled.

Chris

Bow Walker
06-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me (us) Chris.

I figured there had to be more to it..........

Bowzone_Mikey
06-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Its a great program and an excellent way for the BCAA members to compete at Nationals ... with a well rounded catagory representation ... Most other provinces just take top scores overall .... so typically they are BHO and BHR on the provincial team ... or they are voted upon thus making into a popularity contest.

knockturnal
07-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Dan, no gossip but the few names I do know who medalled.
Michael Wright..high score overall and first pick for team
Samantha Wright..Ladies open
Al Campsall...M50
Brian Harper...Mens open I think
Dave Sema..Hunter class
Adrian Mesner..Traditional
Brother Ron Ron medalled and is first alternate for National team

Not sure of numbers..I heard 136 but not sure.. With the R100 coming and the Nationals this would be the shoot that would suffer although I think numbers are down all over. I am hearing even the R100 numbers are low.
Sorry no gossip and not more info.
Mike

I dont know where you heard your numbers from for the r-100, but they are not low. unless you count 400 people being low?

BHarp
07-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Results from the provincials are now up:
http://www.archeryassociation.bc.ca/resultsrecords/3D/bcaa_3-D_2012.html

Bow Walker
07-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Congratulations Bryan - great job.

So, brother Ron got 4th place.......................not too shabby at all BOW SITTER!!