PDA

View Full Version : summerland whitetail

scoutlt1
11-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Going to be trying to fill my whitetail doe tag in the area behind Summerland on the long weekend. I've heard that the Darke/Fish Lake area is productive but just doesn't look very inviting for some reason....
Was thinking of the Trout Creek area farther west and north.
Any suggestions??.....as always, not looking for a honey hole just a general idea; if I'm completely wasting my time or in a reasonably good area. Opinions so far have been on both ends of the scale. My tag is for region 8-8 so I have to stay around there...
Thanks in advance....

burnt03
11-06-2006, 07:14 AM
I have the same tag as you and I've been told to keep around the Darke Lake area as well by some guys at work.

I've been just a few kilometers above Peachland on the right side of the road (above the cattle corrals) a couple times walking around. I've seen something everytime, but I guess I'm too noisy/stinky cause usually all I see is a white flag as they run into the deep stuff :)

scoutlt1
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
thanks burnt03. I've thought about hunting close to peachland but I'm just really not into hunting close to where people live...I like to be a bit farther out. As I said I'm going up friday and will probably be somewhere in behind the Darke Lake park area so we will see what happens. Stay in touch and thanks!