PDA

View Full Version : Black Bear rug color-What's on your wishlist????

nolimits
05-30-2012, 09:00 PM
When I started the thread "Let's see the pics of your Black Bear rugs" I didn't realized there is so much difference in color between all the various phased Black Bears. Personally I like the cinnamon phase the most, but I would like to find out what is most popular with the rest of you guys. No other way to find out but to start a poll. With this in mind, the question here is, in an ideal situation, and having the option to choose, what color would you prefer to pick?

pappy
05-30-2012, 09:13 PM
last spring season I got my first bear, it is a blonde color phase. I got it in northern B.C. I would like to get a nice size island bear thats black.

lip_ripper00
05-30-2012, 09:23 PM
I probably won't shoot another bear because of it's color, I just sent in the bear that's in my avtar to be made into a rug. They are too damn expensive to get every hide done. I have a large black that is just tanned and this one will be rugged, unless I come across a HUGE blond color bear I won' have another hide done.

Steeleco
05-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I've got a brown, unless it's a bleach blonde the hide will be dental floss of yotes!!! That said, it's amazing how many people I know that want throw rugs. So I suppose if it's a good coat, I'll pass them along so they're not wasted.

Trophyslayer
05-30-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't see the SPIRT bear on there that's what I want:-D

nolimits
05-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't see the SPIRT bear on there that's what I want:-D

I wanted to keep the options legal. You are always welcome to choose the Zebra lookalike, and we will get the message :mrgreen:

hunter1947
05-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Anything rare would be good for me..

willyqbc
05-31-2012, 07:37 AM
would like a big cinamon, just to get tanned and throw along the back of the couch. I have a big blackie that was rugged, can't see myself paying for another rug until my son shoots something rug worthy!

Chris

coach
05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
I passed on a gorgeous blonde last fall. It was all alone just inside the remaining trees in an area full of blow downs. I spent too long watching and making sure the bear was alone and as big as I thought it was. When confirmation was made that this was, in fact a shooter, he was on his way over a log and out of sight. I gave him time then made a slow stalk. Unfortunately, I didn't catch up to him again. At $1200 for a rug, I'm not sure I need the expense. A bear like that I would definitely have tanned though.

nolimits
06-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Glad to see "cinnamon" in the lead. :wink:

rides bike to work
06-02-2012, 09:57 PM
The muzzle is what helps me decide ablack with tan muzzle, size is less of a factor lets talk about areas with color phases has there beeen any bio work on locations where certain color phases exists

rides bike to work
06-02-2012, 10:00 PM
oiher than the holy spirit bear

islander7mm
06-02-2012, 10:11 PM
A brown or blond bear would be a dream and worthy of getting a rug done to me. That being said if I got a book island blackie I'd probably have to get a full rug done aswell.

Amphibious
06-03-2012, 12:07 PM
all taken the same week.

https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/73_8281000050_98_a.jpg

Bowzone_Mikey
06-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Cinnamon or Blonde Is what I am hunting for a rug ... and untill I am short on meat in the freezer a Black bear would have to be pretty substantial for me to Shoot it

nolimits
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
all taken the same week.

https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/73_8281000050_98_a.jpg

Hey, c'mon now dude!!! How on earth could you get that lucky??? What's the story behind it?

Amphibious
06-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Hey, c'mon now dude!!! How on earth could you get that lucky??? What's the story behind it?

Good Clients, Great guiding territory, and a bit of luck ;)

nolimits
06-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Good Clients, Great guiding territory, and a bit of luck ;)

I don't even know how to express my gratitude for this outstanding and super exciting story. Without a doubt this was my best read ever. Bless you son. ;)

mikeboehm
06-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I want a blonde bear. I already have a brown and black rug

91Jason91
06-04-2012, 11:10 PM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh588/91Jason91/IMG_1308.jpg
Cinnamon

Coop
06-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Would this be considered Cinnamon or brown?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?82455-Our-First-Big-Game-Harvest

Amphibious
06-05-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't even know how to express my gratitude for this outstanding and super exciting story. Without a doubt this was my best read ever. Bless you son. ;)

ok, ok....

The "golden" bear was taken by a 12yr old texan girl, brought to our lodge by her Grandfather. we had been playing peek-a-boo with this bear for over a month an no one could get a clean shot at it. She saw it on the first day and spent the next few days, dawn to dusk with her guide looking for it. One shot, 80yrds, with a 243win. went 15yrds and tipped over. Just remember - what many on this board need a magnum to do (or so they recommend in their posts), a pre-teen female with a "coyote gun" did very quickly and cleanly ;)

The Black and Chocolate were taken by a Father and Son from Mexico, I guided on the Father's birthday. the black was very large, had lots of silver in his face, and was very scared up. was the first and second bears the pair had ever seen. the son's was a result of a very long, slow crawl over a fresh cut block, ending with a 100yrd-ish bang/flop with a 270win. he was shaking like an epileptic afterwards and ear to ear grin. one of my fondest hunting memories. Massive amounts of tequila around a campfire followed.

nolimits
06-05-2012, 06:13 PM
ok, ok....

The "golden" bear was taken by a 12yr old texan girl, brought to our lodge by her Grandfather. we had been playing peek-a-boo with this bear for over a month an no one could get a clean shot at it. She saw it on the first day and spent the next few days, dawn to dusk with her guide looking for it. One shot, 80yrds, with a 243win. went 15yrds and tipped over. Just remember - what many on this board need a magnum to do (or so they recommend in their posts), a pre-teen female with a "coyote gun" did very quickly and cleanly ;)

The Black and Chocolate were taken by a Father and Son from Mexico, I guided on the Father's birthday. the black was very large, had lots of silver in his face, and was very scared up. was the first and second bears the pair had ever seen. the son's was a result of a very long, slow crawl over a fresh cut block, ending with a 100yrd-ish bang/flop with a 270win. he was shaking like an epileptic afterwards and ear to ear grin. one of my fondest hunting memories. Massive amounts of tequila around a campfire followed.

You see?? It really doesn't take that much to come up with one of the more original stories on HBC. Never in a hundred years would I expect a hunting story that includes massive amounts of tequila around a campfire. And I am serious now. Seriously, which of the guys would even consider taking this stuff with them hunting?? Now that is a great idea for a poll, isn't it? :mrgreen:

This time I really can say thank you for the story, it was great.

nolimits
06-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Would this be considered Cinnamon or brown?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?82455-Our-First-Big-Game-Harvest

Kinda surprised you are asking about the color of bear you slayed yourself. I don't think it is a cinnamon, more like a brown. Me 2 cents.

Coop
06-08-2012, 09:09 AM
First bear. Some people had commented "nice cinnamon" but I considered it brown. Just thought I 'd ask.

nolimits
06-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I will ask for 8 more votes, then I can draw some conclusions. Thanks all that voted.

nolimits
06-09-2012, 09:00 PM
OK, 6 more votes to go, :mrgreen::-D:twisted: