PDA

View Full Version : good luck charm

4blade
11-05-2006, 08:09 AM
for those of you without kids star having them.since my son took his big buck in sept i have been going out with my usual hunting partners with sightings but no meat on the ground.he laughs when i get home telling me i should take him along ,the real hunter in the family,.after all the ribbing i tell mr hunter to get his gear and off we go parking at the road closure ,we put a couple miles on before heading into the timber.snow squalls were the weather for the day and after jumping some deer out of there beds we happened across some big deer tracks,mr hunter told me these were probably big buck tracks.we followed along for about 5 min before we spotted this guy feeding with his head down,when he looked around we counted four pts and the meat is in the freezer.full credit to my 13 yr old son who packed ,rifle ,day pack and helped drag the buck the 5km to the truck thanx mr hunter .ps i think my buck is bigger than hisjustdont tell him.his buck was posted on here but shrinking my pics to fit here is beyond me and i had to delete,buck fever oh yeah,

Radar
11-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Great story! Meats in th freezer, that is the main thing along with memories with your son....

brno375
11-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Congratulations to you and your son. My boy is only six but he already knows that when he turns ten, he is out after a mule deer.

WoodOx
11-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Congrats, thats a nice buck.

bsa30-06
11-05-2006, 09:42 AM
congrats to you and your son.I had my son with me on a bear hunt this spring that was succesfull , great memories.

sawmill
11-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Holy sh$t what a beauty,you are a lucky man to get to hunt with your boy,Kudo`s to you both:smile:

CooperSscat
11-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Great to hear you're not afraid to go deep into forest to find the deer. :-) 5km.........wow! Glad your son got his 1st mulie so young!

Islandeer
11-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Great story!! You have the best partner for life. My lads are now 18 and 21, been hunting with me since they could crawl!! My Dad got me going young too, and we are doing another Kootenay hunt this week, he's 82. But back to you and your son, good on yah!!:lol: :lol:

Dieseldog6
11-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Nice buck and good story!

I'm hoping that my boys (4 of 'em) turn out to be just as much of good luck charms. :wink: I gotta get myself a little more experienced first, though, before I take anyone out for a serious hunt. Of course, any day out in the bush with your kid is worth it (buck or not).

Brambles
11-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Nice buck 4Blade, a shooter for sure.

Phil
11-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Well done father and son! I can only imagine how proud you must be! I can't wait until my boys can pack a gun with me too.:)

Will
11-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Excellent 8)
But keep the Good Luck thing to Yourself.......all your Buddies will be stealing him to go Hunting:lol:

Elkhound
11-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Nice lucky charm.......Put him on the bus. I need help this year too.:lol: