PDA

View Full Version : 12 month open season of moose!!

Pages : 1 [2]

redwards92
06-13-2012, 12:11 AM
No-one's gonna disagree with you there. All most folks here are saying is that: Once off the Rez, then we all play by the same rules, with the same limits, and the same punishments. That's it. Level playing field for all. I bet most wouldn't mind $1 Licenses and tags for Natives if they would follow game management rules.
And let's be honest here. It's a complete waste of time hunting on a Rez, cuz everything on it, and for 5-10 km around, has been shot off. Bucks, Does, fawns, lambs, kids, bulls, cows and calves. There are exceptions, but they are rare.
Keep drivin'.......

lol I'm not going to lie I haven't been to many reserves myself so I couldn't make an argument there other then that my reserve does not even present hunting opportunities not because they have all been shot but because there nothing to shoot and even if there was it would not be safe or even legal to shoot.

I honestly would have no problem paying 1$ for a tag and doing information relay but I wouldn't enjoy paying for a license. I wouldn't be opposed to any punishment put upon people who abuse their right to hunt. I wouldn't be opposed to punishing people who don't use the tag system. I wouldn't support being restricted to a season[I hunt male species only, don't hunt bear, don't hunt all year round] or being limited on what I think I need to harvest.

I'm all for it, but is it going to happen? In my honest opinion, no.

The Dude
06-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Well there's a middle ground to be reached, for sure. What drives most folks wild is the OPs note about 6 fellows who appeared to non-Native caucasian shooting game with one fellow who appeared to be native. WHY does this happen? The CO shows up, and the Native is the only shooter, and the CO has to eat it, that's why.
We're sick of pics of dead rams, and stories of natives hunting sheep for "Sustenance", but actually selling trophy hunts to non-natives for profit.
We're sick of seeing piles of dead salmon left to rot, because gill-netting natives cherry-picked the Sockeye and Springs, and tossed the Pinks and Chum.
(I have seen this happen on the Fraser, I have 45 minutes of video).
We're sick of seeing trucks come out of the hills at night stacked with animals from Pitlampers, and "seed" herds of Elk being wiped out by natives who felt "Entitled" for a "Traditional Sustenace Hunt", and wasted hundreds of hours and piles of money from Volunteers and donors to help start new herds for all.
(I've spoken first hand with a Forester who I trust implicitly that saw the entire herd stacked in two pickups coming out of the Squamish Area. In the morning)
I could go on and on and on.
Kudos to the Natives who follow the rules. Many, many of them really seem to want what's best for the herds and their people, to respect and feed the Elders and take care of the land. Not very many here or anywhere have a problem with helping your Elders with Organic meat from the woods, or feeding your Clan, but it has to be sustainable.
The problem is many folks, it seems the younger bucks, just don't give a shit about anything but taking absolutely everything they can, and screw the future, not only for the Non-Natives but for their own people. They're eating everyone's seed corn. Including their own people's.
We just wanna see these guys pay the same price as any Canadian, that's all, regardless of Race, Creed, Colour or Religion.
Start by punishing the worst offenders, and making it stick, work with the COs and the Elders, and let all know that blatant poaching and downright game greed won't be tolerated anymore.
It's a start.

bob the tomato
06-13-2012, 07:30 AM
lol I'm not going to lie I haven't been to many reserves myself so I couldn't make an argument there other then that my reserve does not even present hunting opportunities not because they have all been shot but because there nothing to shoot and even if there was it would not be safe or even legal to shoot.

I honestly would have no problem paying 1$ for a tag and doing information relay but I wouldn't enjoy paying for a license. I wouldn't be opposed to any punishment put upon people who abuse their right to hunt. I wouldn't be opposed to punishing people who don't use the tag system. I wouldn't support being restricted to a season[I hunt male species only, don't hunt bear, don't hunt all year round] or being limited on what I think I need to harvest.

I'm all for it, but is it going to happen? In my honest opinion, no.

Im not being confrontational :) but why would being restricted to a season be bad? or bother you? or a bag limit so one person doesn't overkill one species? just trying to understand the reasoning behind your thoughts. thanks

snowhunter
06-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Have to go and get more of the Native invented foods, popcorn, chocolate, carrot, corn, potatoes, tomatoes and tobacco, among others :)

redwards92
06-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Im not being confrontational :) but why would being restricted to a season be bad? or bother you? or a bag limit so one person doesn't overkill one species? just trying to understand the reasoning behind your thoughts. thanks

Well I guess it wouldn't be to big of an issue depending on what bag limits and restricted seasons were[To be honest I have not much info in relation to what non natives bag limits are and stuff like that]. I usually get like 5 or 6 deer a year and one elk with my uncle that we share with our families. This is all from September to February.

I was always told growing up that it was my right to hunt and fish for sustenance and have been doing it for years so I guess those comments were based around the fact that it's just something I grew up with[the ability to hunt and fish without restriction]. I was also taught to respect the lands and animals that I harvest as well right from the beginning so I've always felt that I have respected my right to hunt/fish without restriction.

to The Dude:
We all already know the issue at hand here and punishment to these people abusing the system needs to start, I 100% agree with you on that.

The Dude
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Well okay, then.
:D

Jelvis
06-13-2012, 06:32 PM
When I read some of these type threads I feel like we're suspended in the past, like the 40's to the 80's.
Folks this is 2012. Digital world, facebook, twitter, skype and instant message with I-phones and cell phone type board.
No ones getting away with anything these days. Camera's every where taking our photo's it's common now and expected.
I like to think of today, in terms like, with highly educated, trained individuals, who maintain good business practices and hunt and fish with enjoyment and respect the natural aspects of this earth we're on. While hunting within the community norms and the biological conditions and upholding the regulations as well.
These are the new hunters and fishers of this modern time. Balanced individuals and group members who have these same goals and ethics of true sports people and possessing honest respect for the environment we hunt and fish or trap upon.
Stretch those arms up towards the sky put those hands up in the air right now and wave em around like you don't care
Appreciate our opportunities to hunt, and the habitat we drive and walk through. See yah next spring folks .
Next Spring
Jelbye4now . Your fantastic! You really are.

pg83
06-13-2012, 07:14 PM
See yah next spring folks .
Next Spring
Jelbye4now . Your fantastic! You really are.

Are you saying I don't have to spend time trying to understand the majority of your posts until next Spring? That's almost better than a Kamloops Sheep LEH... :cool:

308Lover
06-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Yep! We witnessed this in 7-38 and it went on day and night. A young card-carrying man shot a cow in front of our camp and gave it to a non-status. Said he'd shot seven so far, cows and bulls. CO's didn't feel any action was necessary. Moose won't breed or give birth when harassed this way. Thise awesome moose country (north of Germansen Landing) is virtually devoid of moose and it could support thouisands.

snowhunter
06-19-2012, 01:22 PM
It is not uncommon for at Native "Family Hunter", who hunts for those Natives who are unable to hunt, elders and single women, to shoot and bag around total of hundred different big game a year. Part of the ancient Native culture that young hunters supports the community that way.

Axle
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM
I know many native hunters, they take what they want on their traditional range when they want. As always there is people that exploit the rules. It is not uncommon for a few natives to shoot many animals including whole herds of deer, elk, moose in their wintering grounds. This gets distributed back to their band members. This is common practice and probably the real reason our hunting season close so early in B.C. The fewer people that know or see the indiscriminate harvesting by the natives the better.
They need to remove the restrictions on obtaining FN status. Everyone with native in their family chain regardless of where they reside or their purity should qualify. This would greatly reduce the power struggle they currently have where such a small % of the population has such over whelming rights and power. If you can not beat them, join them.

Axle

Jelvis
06-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Nobody stopping you from trying it. Matter of fact phone the CO and tell him or her your going out to shoot anything like all the natives do. See how it goes over.
Jel .. No body stopping you but yourself ..

Axle
06-19-2012, 03:14 PM
too funny, I meant join them in the sense of getting status. Their groups are so small now that alot have a sense of arrogance amongst them. If we all get classified as native then there would be no need for special rules for them.

Jelvis
06-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Oh yah I see what yer sayin, never thought too much about that but that is very true Axle.
Jel .. Good point .. Axle (Rose) every rose has it's thorn .. Pistols and tulips

snowhunter
06-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Your life in Canada is far better than it would be in your or ancestors old countries. Certainly, you most likely would not be able to hunt in your ancestral homeland, unless you are very wealthy, because there are no, public "Crown Land" to hunt, and often restricted just to own one registered hunting rifle, including caliber restrictions. Most hunting in your ancestral country, has long been a status symbol for the very rich, and has very little in common the way you hunt in Canada. Your hunting culture in Canada parallels the Native Canadian hunting culture. When you hunt in Canada, you hunt like a Native hunter, and not like a wealthy status symbol "hunter" from your ancestral homeland, who are only entitled the the trophy antlers, unless they want to spent extra money to buy the meat and hide.

Be happy and grateful for the abundance of wildlife this fascinating country has to offer you. Whining has never put meat on the table.

Ambush
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Your life in Canada is far better than it would be in your or ancestors old countries.

Must be better for Indians to: there's never been so many and they live longer.

Whonnock Boy
06-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Your life in Canada is far better than it would be in your or ancestors old countries. Certainly, you most likely would not be able to hunt in your ancestral homeland, unless you are very wealthy, because there are no, public "Crown Land" to hunt, and often restricted just to own one registered hunting rifle, including caliber restrictions. Most hunting in your ancestral country, has long been a status symbol for the very rich, and has very little in common the way you hunt in Canada. Your hunting culture in Canada parallels the Native Canadian hunting culture. When you hunt in Canada, you hunt like a Native hunter, and not like a wealthy status symbol "hunter" from your ancestral homeland, who are only entitled the the trophy antlers, unless they want to spent extra money to buy the meat and hide.

Be happy and grateful for the abundance of wildlife this fascinating country has to offer you. Whining has never put meat on the table.

Meh...........

Jelvis
06-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Hunting is in the blood, people have instincts inside, thoughts in their unique minds, excitement in there heart and body to provide food and be the successful bread winner and be proud of the delicious protein filled organic meat, the wild venison.
It's all about the hunt in B.C. anyone can, if they so desire. It's for all people that want to.
Some do, some don't, some will, some won't. Who gives a rodents Dare e Air? lol.

snowhunter
06-19-2012, 11:22 PM
You, as well, live longer and healthier, than you would had in your ancestral country. And as an added bonus, you can in your new country Canada, whine and demand to hunt like a Native, something you could not have done in your ancestral country. Most people in your ancestral country gets dizzy when they find out about the riches and abundance of Canada's wildlife, and still you are whining ?

Jelvis
06-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Well don't forget we have ancestors on both sides of the parents. The Family Tree.
One from Euro and one from Kamloops. So I guess I'm special lol. J/Jokin
I ain't going to Germany to hunt deer, lol I'll hunt in Kamloops Forest District. Lard Willin.
One of your biological Grand parents had to be F.B.I. to make 25 % minimum or second generation max.

Whonnock Boy
06-19-2012, 11:33 PM
and still you are whining ?

The pot is quite black my friend.

The Dude
06-19-2012, 11:44 PM
You, as well, live longer and healthier, than you would had in your ancestral country. And as an added bonus, you can in your new country Canada, whine and demand to hunt like a Native, something you could not have done in your ancestral country. Most people in your ancestral country gets dizzy when they find out about the riches and abundance of Canada's wildlife, and still you are whining ?

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Heliox18/Forum%20Ammo/SmokinBro.jpg

snowhunter
06-20-2012, 06:20 AM
If you or your ancestors had stayed in your ancestral homeland, you could not hunt like a Native as you do in this great country of ours, which we share with the Natives, who have lived here for thousands of years.

In your ancestral homeland, they still, as an genetic disorder or mental illness, hate and distrust the people next door, because of difference in dialect, religion or nationality, and they have spent the last many thousands of years trying to wipe each other out, often by the millions. Some of you, even after being born in Canada, still suffers from this genetically inherited insanity, and wants Canada to continue your ancestral homelands thousands of years practice of intolerance and hate towards your neighbors, including towards the Natives of Canada.

The choice is yours only. Please live in peace and enjoy the abundance Canada has to offer you, including the best hunting in the world, in which hunters from your ancestral homeland, once in a lifetime, will spent tens of thousands of dollars to share with you.

If you are unable, or unwilling to voluntarily to accept and comprehend that you have a much better life as a citizen of this fantastic country Canada, than you would had as a citizen in your ancestral homeland, please get an appointment with your physiatrist, who will be able to give you some medications, in order for you to overcome this hate and depressions you suffer from, which you freely share in these fine pages, looking for help ?

steel_ram
06-20-2012, 07:16 AM
If you or your ancestors had stayed in your ancestral homeland, you could not hunt like a Native as you do in this great country of ours, which we share with the Natives, who have lived here for thousands of years.

In your ancestral homeland, they still, as an genetic disorder or mental illness, hate and distrust the people next door, because of difference in dialect, religion or nationality, and they have spent the last many thousands of years trying to wipe each other out, often by the millions. Some of you, even after being born in Canada, still suffers from this genetically inherited insanity, and wants Canada to continue your ancestral homelands thousands of years practice of intolerance and hate towards your neighbors, including towards the Natives of Canada.

The choice is yours only. Please live in peace and enjoy the abundance Canada has to offer you, including the best hunting in the world, in which hunters from your ancestral homeland, once in a lifetime, will spent tens of thousands of dollars to share with you.

If you are unable, or unwilling to voluntarily to accept and comprehend that you have a much better life as a citizen of this fantastic country Canada, than you would had as a citizen in your ancestral homeland, please get an appointment with your physiatrist, who will be able to give you some medications, in order for you to overcome this hate and depressions you suffer from, which you freely share in these fine pages, looking for help ?

Please explain this, "mental disorder", of which you write. Racism, the need to occupy, enslave, dominate, exploit occurs in every society, including the primitive aboriginal people of the continent of North America. The natives did, raid and enslave those of other tribes. Perhaps if they hadn't been thousands of years behind the rest of the world in technology they would of had the tools to commit genecide. Really . . . WTF are you on about?

Axle
06-20-2012, 07:40 AM
I know many natives and they almost all hunt by the hunting laws of B.C. and they all have the same storys. I can go back to my traditional grounds if I need but they prefer not to. They all have stories about abuses in their territories as we all have seen lots on crown land by non natives. There is always a few rotten eggs ruining things for everyone. It's time for more eggs in the native basket. If the rules were relaxed I would not be suprised if the majority of people would be classified as native. If you are not "pure" you can not join this group. Everybody with native ancestory should have the right to status, not the select few that have inherited this great right. It is all about money and power now.

snowhunter
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
If we have to include Native racial, social and Band politic issues into this hunters forum, we are running out of the simple mandates of these pages.

We can debate these political issue endlessly, with no results. Only the Native's can make changes to these rules, which are highly unlikely.

Stop whining, and learn to hunt. Lots of game out there. I never had any problems getting my game because of Native hunting rights.

Axle
06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
who is whining? There is lots of game in general in this province. Someone raised the concern of over hunting possibly by natives. This does occur sometimes. There is some natives that exploit their hunting and fishing rights just like there is non natives that poach game & fish. Unfortunatly the native segment is so small that it makes these occurrances much easier to stereotype or blame all the natives. It is also very easy for them to hide behind their expanded rules & regulations.
It is healthy to discuss these topic's and occurrances to make people more aware. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and people should not withhold their thoughts on issues. There is no magic solution but it is nice to know what people are seeing, saying and thinking about conservation issues. It is always better to discuss something and try and understand everyones perspective. People can always agree to disagree but at least you get an understanding of what people think.

Axle

06-20-2012, 11:22 AM
who is whining? There is lots of game in general in this province. Someone raised the concern of over hunting possibly by natives. This does occur sometimes. There is some natives that exploit their hunting and fishing rights just like there is non natives that poach game & fish. Unfortunatly the native segment is so small that it makes these occurrances much easier to stereotype or blame all the natives. It is also very easy for them to hide behind their expanded rules & regulations.
It is healthy to discuss these topic's and occurrances to make people more aware. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and people should not withhold their thoughts on issues. There is no magic solution but it is nice to know what people are seeing, saying and thinking about conservation issues. It is always better to discuss something and try and understand everyones perspective. People can always agree to disagree but at least you get an understanding of what people think.

Axle

I have dropped in on this one a few times,,,,, but find no real point to comment till now....

Here here Axel

Whistler
06-20-2012, 11:42 AM
If we have to include Native racial, social and Band politic issues into this hunters forum, we are running out of the simple mandates of these pages. We can debate these political issue endlessly, with no results. Only the Native's can make changes to these rules, which are highly unlikely. Stop whining, and learn to hunt. Lots of game out there. I never had any problems getting my game because of Native hunting rights.Very well said. It's too bad bigotry overpowers common sense all the time.

steel_ram
06-20-2012, 12:10 PM
"Lots of Game out there"? Yeah, maybe now. We have lost so many opportunities due to those that live in the day. No one's saying the act of a few rogue natives is the entire threat to our pastime, but they very well be part of it, as are those that bury their heads in the sand because things are working out OK for themselves in their own little world.

Jelvis
06-20-2012, 12:52 PM
If it's a cause, then someone can bring up a cause and champion their idea.
Joe non hunting public who have not hunted or ever will, side with nature and aboriginals when talks of controlling hunting comes up according to the stats.
They figure natives have hunted since time began here and lived in natural surroundings they shared with the animals habitat. Now ranches, farms, industry and residential and commercial, plus highways, oil pipelines, fiber optic lines. Ski resorts, parks, mega oil and gas projects, mines and much more has damaged wild life and fish habitat way more than some guy or gal wanting a little deer meat.
Jel .. Let's understand the whole picture and not major on a minor. Concrete and pavement, and ten foot high wire mesh wild life fences have caused animals to change their whole migration route round ..
.. Domestic livestock, where the deer, elk and moose used to eat, spread sicknesses and hoof rot into the herds of wildlife.
I could blame all of this if I dint see lots of wild life one long weekend in the bush ruffing it in my camper. Haha
Suck it up Princess, Randy (the Natural) Coture

olympia
06-21-2012, 09:19 AM
my question to all you guys that think natives are kiling everything off and poaching...do you have stats to prove? video? how do you know this? i have a co-worker who hunts and fishes and all he complains about are natives doing this or that, its funny cause i think alot of you guys that come on here to bash natives either just make up stories or you pass on other people made up stories to push your redneck agenda..Im sure some natives poach game but so do white people and so do asian people and so do east indian people. Poachers are to blame not just one ethnic group...I know, maybe it al qaeda thats killing all the moose

Spy
06-21-2012, 09:34 AM
my question to all you guys that think natives are kiling everything off and poaching...do you have stats to prove? video? how do you know this? i have a co-worker who hunts and fishes and all he complains about are natives doing this or that, its funny cause i think alot of you guys that come on here to bash natives either just make up stories or you pass on other people made up stories to push your redneck agenda..Im sure some natives poach game but so do white people and so do asian people and so do east indian people. Poachers are to blame not just one ethnic group...I know, maybe it al qaeda thats killing all the moose

Did you actually read the whole thread ?????
" i think alot of you guys that come on here to bash natives either just make up stories or you pass on other people made up stories to push your redneck agenda.." Maybe you should do less "thinking" & more reading! Please be more specific on who's got the "redneck agenda" & whos pushing it ? :confused::confused::confused:

The Dude
06-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Olympia, if you're too lazy to read the thread then don't comment.

Jelvis
06-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Happy .. Aboriginal Day to all across Canada today folks, June 21st. 2012
Jelvis: From Kamloops B.C. Canada .. Two Thumbs up .. May we all live as one .. one for all and all for one .. Peaceout

steel_ram
06-22-2012, 06:46 AM
So it's just for "Canadian" abbadiginals? Why are we so special?

Getbent
06-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Time for the LEH to come out to change the flavour.
I agree with much that has been said, there are many views on this and hard to capture it all. but I do think conservation has to be the first order of business and as it has been said, it is healthy to debate it, unfortunately it is going to be in the hands of the politicians and the leaders of said communities to bring about change. Too bad that they don't see these threads...

Getbent

Wild one
06-22-2012, 08:58 AM
In the end there is a problem with abuse by all races in BC. The reason the Native issue is so big is the fact that with the extra privileges and the politics with Native issues in BC when abuse happens with this group there is little to no punishment. As long as this goes on there will always be those pissed off because of the fact that if a non Native would be hung out to dry for the same actions. Because of this yes there are those of other races that abuse the system by hiding behind a Native friends rights.

I don't see Native's extra hunting privileges ever being the same as non Native but it would be nice to at least see more CO's be willing to charge Natives that are not within there right and Judges throw the book at the Natives that do abuse there rights instead of slapping their wrist.

Lack of CO's and slap on the wrist punishments for all races of poachers in BC is a problem. BC needs more funding for it's wildlife and harsher punishments for all races that abuse it.

This problem will never end with complaining on a forum and fighting between Native and non Native hunters. I don't see relation between Native and non Native hunters improving either because I don't see either group willing to compromise

olympia
06-22-2012, 09:02 AM
i think we need volunteers to capture live bull moose, jerk them off into a cup and then fly around in a chopper and find cows that can be held down and inseminated. I would do this but my hands are small so one of you guys are gonna have to do this...after 5 solid years of pulling moose pud we will triple the numbers of moose and then we can get rid of leh

Getbent
06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
i think we need volunteers to capture live bull moose, jerk them off into a cup and then fly around in a chopper and find cows that can be held down and inseminated. I would do this but my hands are small so one of you guys are gonna have to do this...after 5 solid years of pulling moose pud we will triple the numbers of moose and then we can get rid of leh

BWAHAHA...Nice!!!

Jelvis
06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
LOL hey that's funny olympia. Get the job done for once. lol.

stinkyduck
08-06-2012, 05:19 PM
so fishhound, what i read is that you drive around in your pick-up, and shoot from the road and if said poor animal runs farther then 100 yards, you both will be dead. give it a rest, maybe achually read what people are trying to say. sounds like your disability is your brain, hence why you are banned from this site. it"s not cool to poach at night, kill everything in site, and throw everything out of the freezer because you just brought home a truck load of fish, or spent the night shooting@ eyes. i have spent thousands of dollars pursuing my passion, safe full of guns. i pay my way, ask anyone of these poacher what they shoot what the ballistics are, they dont know jack shit about anything except how to poach.they contibute nothing to soceity. RAPP, TAKE PICTURES, and yes CLOSE GATES! NOW I"M PISSED

RE1960
08-06-2012, 06:42 PM
I like many others on this site have heard or saw FN abusing there rights .Last year while moose hunting in region 6 during the 7 day opening in Oct. I was lucky enough to take my biggest bull while in our camp getting it ready to hang the Quarters Two FN driving buy seen the animal so they came in and had a look.They were very friendly and thought it was a very big bull for the area , but wanted to know if we have been seeing any cows because they didn"t want a bull of course we told them we had seen none.They said they were from Houston and said there just didn"t seem to be the animals there like it was .The funny thing was they couldn't figure out why there was so many guys hunting so we had to tell them that there was a 7 day opening for any bull, anyone who has hunted in region 6 knows it's very busy during that opening they clearly had no idea of the regulations ,and off they went inpursuit of there quary.

RENO
08-06-2012, 06:49 PM

Wow ! that's some deep stuff, I would suggest you do some reading of history, as the natives may have been here first or but they did come from someplace else, they just did not sprout out of the ground, like corn in the Sask. The Vikings , Italians , French, and English, Spanish ,Portugese and Dutch and so on all travelled the seas in search of spices and new worlds. Back then it was called conquering a new land, and as I recall if you were conquered you lived by there rules, period. Only in Canada has this rule changed to make some feel better, about what happened before anyone living today was born. The entire world has been conquered and re- conquered many times over, and in all these lands they have ONE LAW! FOR ALL!
I think, that between the French and FN in this country,they have been very well compensated for ill feelings or for SORRY we conquered you discussions, and I too would like to see this stuff , and special this and that end, as we are all living here under ONE FLAG !! CANADA! IF we all received special treatments and so on, what a messed up place this would be. Resources need to be managed properly, and with respect, and NO BODY in this country is going to starve cause they don't hunt,NOBODY! so this need for continuing ceremonial this and that, and over hunting and rights has to end. The Romans had rituals to through people to the lions, for entertainment and was part of the culture , it's not necessary. Emigrant all over the world have cultural ceremonies as well, to a point. In this day and age the argument of traditional this and that holds little water, and with all the $$$ and amends made to date there is no reason that all nations and peoples of this land should not be integrated into one law and the Canadian way of life.
The point most make here is fair and equal hunting for all! and if we ALL do not follow them with preservation in mind there will be nothing for anyone.
Have a good day, let me know how your appointment goes, and I hope you keep comments like that to your self ,no one on here needs medical help!:-P

stinkyduck
08-06-2012, 07:12 PM
well said reno, how the hell do you get a title like magnum member? you been here less than a year! abroridinal day! only in canada man! one flag one law, all for one one for all!!!!! segeration of one, will always create termoil for all. it's always about greed for me you and mosty about the other guy that you cant put a face to. its his fault, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RENO
08-06-2012, 09:32 PM
well said reno, how the hell do you get a title like magnum member? you been here less than a year! abroridinal day! only in canada man! one flag one law, all for one one for all!!!!! segeration of one, will always create termoil for all. it's always about greed for me you and mosty about the other guy that you cant put a face to. its his fault, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, well first a magnum caliber rifle, will help and actually I joined in 2008/9 but forgot my user name and password so I had to start over, see it's never to late even for the old guys,LOL . join your local fish and game clubs and sign the petitions and help make a positive difference, we may kid and joke on here but when the issue is serious follow the members that are in the know.

dollyp
08-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I have seen it happen with my own two eyes on many occasions. Makes me sick! Hang around the Monte Lake store. A 24 sack will buy a moose - anytime. Hefley Louis creek I personally found 2 cows, 2 separate occasions with nothing gone but the unborn fetus. Great conservationists. Drive around Lilloet in the fall and see how many deep freezes you can find over the banks full of rotten salmon. I can show you hundreds. There are probably thousands by now. If you have not been offered a $10 salmon you cannot have spent any time in a Kamloops bar. It is high time we treated natives like real people - governed by the same laws, and welcome to the same rights and privileges as every other BC resident. No more. No less. To do anything else is insane.

RENO
08-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I have seen it happen with my own two eyes on many occasions. Makes me sick! Hang around the Monte Lake store. A 24 sack will buy a moose - anytime. Hefley Louis creek I personally found 2 cows, 2 separate occasions with nothing gone but the unborn fetus. Great conservationists. Drive around Lilloet in the fall and see how many deep freezes you can find over the banks full of rotten salmon. I can show you hundreds. There are probably thousands by now. If you have not been offered a $10 salmon you cannot have spent any time in a Kamloops bar. It is high time we treated natives like real people - governed by the same laws, and welcome to the same rights and privileges as every other BC resident. No more. No less. To do anything else is insane.

next time you drive by and notice these infractions that have happened take some pictures and video of it, this helps drive the point home. post them on a thread or report it RAPP.

snowhunter
08-06-2012, 10:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/06/15/f-hate-crimes.html

Whonnock Boy
08-06-2012, 10:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/06/15/f-hate-crimes.html

Without a doubt, these links apply to all. Unfortunately, more times than not, only caucasians are considered racist. Oh, the joys of being a white male in Canada. The most discriminated of them all.

curt
08-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Hey Reno I keep running into you on my posts!! I enjoy your opinions good reads!

snowhunter
08-07-2012, 07:43 AM
The last few hundred years, several millions of mixed race children have been born to Native and Caucasians relationships in Canada.

You want a better proof for a loving relationship between Natives and Caucasians in Canada ?

Most likely, you already are blood related to a Native, if not, there is a good chance for that your children or grandchildren will inter a loving relationship with a Canadian Native ?

I am certain that your eventual Native grandchildren will love and adore you :)

RENO
08-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Hey Reno I keep running into you on my posts!! I enjoy your opinions good reads!

Thanks Curt, X2 , conversation is great when it can be done using the heart and head in a calm manner.

RENO
08-07-2012, 07:58 AM
The last few hundred years, several millions of mixed race children have been born to Native and Caucasians relationships in Canada.

You want a better proof for a loving relationship between Natives and Caucasians in Canada ?

Most likely, you already are blood related to a Native, if not, there is a good chance for that your children or grandchildren will inter a loving relationship with a Canadian Native ?

I am certain that your eventual Native grandchildren will love and adore you :)

This is true, and has happened already many times over with many nations, it's all good and we are all brothers and sisters on this planet 6 degrees apart we are all related. If you think of the world as one big family you know one thing not all the children are good,behave or have respect, some need more direction :arrow: hopefully all will see and understand that preserving and managing are resources for these future children is priority at this point in history.:smile:

hawkdog
10-09-2012, 10:11 AM
this happens up by Kemess mine as well. moose derbys.

Also, while hunting on the QCI's a few years back, I bumped into a local first nations guy and he didn't seem to happy with me there, started telling the deer weren't as plentiful, then he went on telling about hunting a few months back up rose spit, where he went out with buddies and shot close to a hundred deer. Not sure how accurate his story was but it was totally contradictory.

If the government wants to manage populations properly they need to have all people on the same page, can't have two sets of rules - that's what causes racism.