PDA

View Full Version : Would like to take up archery

Burnabyred
05-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Hey all,

I stopped by Boorman Archery in New Westminster the other day to inquire about lessons for my son and me. They seemed friendly and knowledgeable and probably a good place to get started...any thoughts? My son is 7 and we both want to try our hand at some target archery. Thinking of private lessons to start.

Cheers,

Red

Bow Walker
05-26-2012, 08:38 AM
I took advantage of their lessons when I got back into archery (after having played around as a kid). Best idea I had. We even got a discount when buying at Boormans. Can't beat that.

The lessons teach you about proper shooting form right from the get-go. Good lessons.

greybark
05-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Hey Burnabyred , there is a 3-d shoot at PoCo on Sun . If you can bring your Son for a walkaround with one of the Squads . I` be there around around 9 and you are welcome to join my group .

Bowzone_Mikey
05-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I have been into Boormans a few times now ..with all my workings in the LML as of late .... They are great folks ... I inquired to them about shooting and they have the lanes downstairs that the club uses in the evenings ... otherwise just the 3 yard shot in the store ... If they have lessons ... take them ... it will be a great thing to do together with your son ... and learn proper technique with a proper draw lenth .... way easier to teach you body a totally new trick than to to modify an old habit later

Burnabyred
05-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Gah, I just logged on and seem to have missed Sunday morning entirely :( ... thanks for the invite though greybark. Thanks for the input, I am also big on lessons first as I agree that re-learning proper technique is a proper pain. It should be fun and my son is stoked!

greybark
06-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Hey Burnabyred , there is a 3-d shoot at PoCo on Sun . If you can bring your Son for a walkaround with one of the Squads . I` be there around around 9 and you are welcome to join my group .

Hey Burnabyred , Sun 3-d shoot at Ridgedale ..... Ditto on above .
Cheers