PDA

View Full Version : whitetails in chataway area

browningboy
11-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I always hunt up in 7, and haven't hunted anywhere else for 5 years but thinking to go for a whitetail around the merrit area, is there any to be known around chataway area or surrounding areas, only have a couple days so was just going to rent a cabin, if this area is "beat" could someone steer me in another direction that has a cabin or WHY thats not far from the ratrace as I only have a liitle amount of time.:mad: Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3kills
11-04-2006, 05:46 PM
yes chataway does hold whities i havent seen any up there but my uncle had seen quite a few bucks up there

browningboy
11-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the info, trying to decide where to go. Does your uncle have a farm with lots of tasty deer on it??

browningboy
11-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Theres gotta be a few Merrit guys online that can give some advise8)

3kills
11-04-2006, 11:38 PM
no i wish my uncle had a farm with nice tasty deer on it....there is better white tail areas in town but what do i know i havent shot one yet...lol

bsa30-06
11-05-2006, 09:58 AM
My old hunting partner used to live in merrit, regretfully i didn't get enough time to hunt over there very often.I always saw deer in the farmer fields( private property) along the highway coming from the canyon. We did once take a road that ran in behind all those fields and up into the hills we went along ways back saw a couple does back there and a few empty hunters camps with meat poles already built so i figure you probably could find deer in these areas.I also saw alot of moose sign not far from one of these camps.Sorry i can't remember the name of the road, but 3kills may now of the area i'm talking about, there was also a snowmobile club that used the area they had a shack to sign in at and a trailer further back along the road to rest at.

browningboy
11-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys, just want to get out for one last "quick" kick at the can, so to speak! It'll just be nice to get out!:)

3kills
11-05-2006, 11:00 AM
bsa u are talkin up petite creek area or spius creek...i know where u are talkin some big bucks up that way...

bsa30-06
11-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Yep thats the area, i couldn't remember the name but i knew i would know it if i heard it again.That road sure goes along ways back.Thanxs 3kills.

browningboy
11-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Hey 3kills / bsa, that creek road, is it up in the chataway area? Not to try to pry on someones honeyhole or anything, just need some direction.
Thanx:)

bsa30-06
11-05-2006, 12:30 PM
browningboy, i think it would be an easy drive from chataway lake to the spius/petite creek area.I was last in that area approx 2 years ago and saw a couple does running around back there.My map book is in my truck and my wife has the truck at work right now so i can't really give you any directions.Believe me if i had a honey hole in that area i would let you now since i can't be there to use it.Contact 3kills he would be the best person to give you directions to the area, and i'm sure he'll provide the info your looking for if he can.Good luck!!

browningboy
11-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Sounds good bsa, I'm actually just going up to toodle around as I have a freezer full of moose meat and this would be a bonus, and its too hard to hang your boots up now!:lol: Looks like we'll hit snow as well, the rut should be in full swing!

Rob
11-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I wouldnt bother for whitetails up chataway, Ive hunted that area alot(its out my front door) and Ive only seen a doe with 2 fawns. There are more whitetails in the general area than previous years though. There are some big mulies up by Pimanis Lake area, & you can rent cabins there. PM me if you are still coming this way for whities and I can give you a couple areas that some friends have pulled some out of. Rob

3kills
11-05-2006, 10:54 PM
browningboy when are u comin here??? do u really want a cabin??? i have a few spots as well as rob....and no petite creek area isnt up chataway but it is close....but i dont think there is much for whities up the petite creek area more so up chattawy and the number up chattaway are low but they are there....

browningboy
11-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Yes were heading up early friday morning, going to have breaky in Merrit and then meander up the hill. I did book a cabin at Chataway as its pretty last minute as well as mntman coming with, we'll be in a new f350 grey with a trailer with two quads on the back.
breaky at abc around 7ish?

3kills
11-06-2006, 11:47 PM
hey if i m not workin maybe i will stop by....

browningboy
11-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Ya sure, I'll be in a new blue f150 and my partner will be in a new f350 grey, both will have some quads in the back.:)

browningboy
11-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh yes 3kills, feel free to drop by camp if interested, might be there during lunch time and evening, hopefully have something hanging, squirrel?:lol:

browningboy
11-08-2006, 10:10 PM
2 more sleeps!