PDA

View Full Version : Bow strings

mikeboehm
05-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Now that i got my new code rest rest and and bitz fletcher i would like to put a new set of strings and cables on my pse omen pro..

What are your recomendations. I had americas best on now. Winners choice, worlds best

BHarp
05-22-2012, 08:39 PM
I've got 'Ballistic Bowstrings' on my APA right now, and they've been great.

Ambush
05-22-2012, 10:00 PM
A couple of years ago, five of us bought Worlds Best strings. I'm the only one with it still on my bow and it's going in the garbage as soon as I cut a black bear and grizzly tag or June 15th.

I've never seen a string that moves around that. It can be good for months and then it just rotates. All the bows involved are solo cams, so that may be a factor.
I'll stick with Winners Choice.

Ruger4
05-22-2012, 10:14 PM
452x...............

mikeboehm
05-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Also wheres a good place to get the strings put on and my bow tuned.

ALC
05-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Over the years, I have tried many string manufacturers. Now, all five (two target, two 3D and one hunting) of my bows sport Vaportrail Strings and cables. The price is always right, I can get any color I want, the service is quick, there is no peep twist no matter the weather, and Vaportrail staff are very easy to work with. In the past ten years, I have won 11 state/provincial titles in 3D and Target archery as well as 6 Canadian Outdoor 3D Championships and one Canadian Indoor Championship. Every title was won using Vaportrail strings and cables. I refuse to compromise.

Bow Walker
05-23-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't know any string makers in the lower mainland so I can't recommend anyone for custom making. I had heard good things about World's best Strings though, I'm surprised to hear about Ambush's problems.

Although a string that is "a few years old" deserves changing - no matter who made it.

Personally, if I was to be getting some new string/cables for my bow - and they both should be changed at the same time - I'd be sending my bow to the string maker so that it could be custom fitted.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-23-2012, 10:08 AM
I use Worlds best for now ... but still using Elites strings on my pure ... they are 452x ... Seriously looking at a new string made from BCY 8190 ... as apparently its smaller diameter and stronger than 452x without the fuzzing issues .... for a 24 strand 452x ... you will need 26 strand 8190... for the same diameter string

allan
05-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Go see Wayne at big game archery in abbotsford.
He can help you out. He helped me with a tuning problem and now my bow shoots like a dream.

StoneChaser
05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
I've been shooting Proline lately....awesome string with a 6 month warranty against ANY peep rotation or serving issues.

Opted for the new Xs2 material over the 452X this time, and so far I like it on one of my Admirals. I'm going to string another of my Admirals up with it this week with it as well.

Riverbc
05-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Go see Wayne at big game archery in abbotsford.
He can help you out. He helped me with a tuning problem and now my bow shoots like a dream.

x2.....Wayne has put Winner's Choice strings on both my bows, and he really knows bows....especially PSE bows!