PDA

View Full Version : Stone Sheep

luckofthedraw
05-22-2012, 02:51 PM
I just put in for stone sheep for the first time. I didn't realize it wasn't like other LEH, where you pick a first and second choice. I had my area's and draw codes all mapped out only to find I didn't need them.

You just put in for whatever region your looking to hunt? This is different and new to me. When all is said and done, do they just let you know what area within that region if your lucky enough to draw? Approx what time do the stone sheep draws come out, I thought they were required to be in on the 25th, which I was also wrong.

Darksith
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
there is no regular LEH draw for stone sheep. It is all open season. If you are referring to the resident special sheep permit that has been drawn already, and if you are referring to the premiers tag then I have no idea as I don't have 300k to blow on a sheep hunt.

I always reserve the right to put foot in mouth, or be 100% mistaken and misinformed fyi HBC

Weatherby Fan
05-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Were the leh tags you bought $6 or $16 dollars as the more expensive ones are the Special Resident sheep lottery and they have boxes you check off for which region you want to hunt,the next draw is in the fall of 2013 as this years draw was done already.
These sound like the tags you bought.

luckofthedraw
05-22-2012, 04:35 PM
So......

I guess I made a rookie mistake?

I was looking through the synopsis and saw sheep on pg11. Without looking into what I was doing (because I thought draws needed to be in by the 25th), I guess I applied for the special mountain sheep hunt for 2013....16$ I didn't need to spend? I was wondering why I didn't need to put down an area. ??

Lesson learned.

Weatherby Fan
05-22-2012, 04:40 PM
No big deal,who knows maybe you will win the special draw,worse things could happen !

kennyj
05-22-2012, 08:25 PM
You can still put in for the regular sheep LEH by this Fri.25th. As was already mentioned stone sheep are open in most Northern areas. Lots of various draws for bighorn though.
kenny

Cordillera
05-22-2012, 09:10 PM
It is a very long drive to atlin area where there are a couple zones managed on LEH for stone sheep. Access is good especially if you have a boat.

BiG Boar
05-23-2012, 07:00 AM
You have now truly earned your handle. Hopefully you get that stones sheep draw

Darksith
05-23-2012, 05:42 PM
It is a very long drive to atlin area where there are a couple zones managed on LEH for stone sheep. Access is good especially if you have a boat.

what page in the LEH synopsis is the stone sheep section? I couldn't find anything on them

Bighorn hunter
05-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I believe all sheep in the leh are lumped together, you just have to know which species are where. There are a few draws for stone's, atlin is one area another would be mt edzina(not sure on spelling)

ryanb
05-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Atlin, Spatsizi and Edziza are the three stone leh areas. Anywhere else where hunting for stone sheep is open, is general open season. Region 6 sheep draws run concurrent with the spring grizz draw. So you missed your chance for this year.