PDA

View Full Version : Messy campers behind Peachland

fireguy
05-21-2012, 01:37 AM
I ran into this very large group of young campers at Spring lake behind Peachland on the long weekend. At this point I think I will give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they actually clean up their mess but I will go back and check monday night to see what is left behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qa1gpHB7VPg

link to second part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vj4gI66Ieg

hunter1947
05-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Good on you for taking these clips you have some prof ,I sure hope they clean up there mess by looking at your footage is looks like there where lots of messy campers if they do leave a mess its this kind of stuff that ruin's it for all then people wonder why the forestry put gates up to keep the people out from doing this kind of thing..

cameron0518
05-21-2012, 07:58 AM
and if they don't????

adamgarbett
05-21-2012, 08:03 AM
I was gunna head up there myself to see the carnage and pick up sum bottles and crap them partyers can shure destroy an area quickly and it just gives us all a bad name. At least u got a face to blame......

KB90
05-21-2012, 08:05 AM
No surprise there, go to any BC interior town on may long and somewhere at some lake there will be a 100+ kids making a huge mess.

Someone else always ends up cleaning it up.

Wasn't many years ago that I went to may longs like that, as I'm sure many of you did.

steel_ram
05-21-2012, 08:28 AM
It's the same everywhere. Things haven't changed much. People were the same 30 years ago, just more of them. May long weekend has been the official end of my camping season fro some time.

steel_ram
05-21-2012, 08:31 AM
and if they don't????

I don't think there was one license plate number I could have read in the video. Hopefully some were taken.

RENO
05-21-2012, 09:08 AM
I'd like to see them clean that up! don't think so, the kid didn't even look fireguy in the face when he answered. The eyes and body language tell the truth.
Be sure to post the so called clean up, I gotta see it, this is the kind of stuff we need people to see, the ones making mess and damage in the wilderness and who is trying to protect it.

RENO
05-21-2012, 09:10 AM
It's the same everywhere. Things haven't changed much. People were the same 30 years ago, just more of them. May long weekend has been the official end of my camping season fro some time.

That's not the way I camp, either that's more like Wayne stock.

r106
05-21-2012, 09:24 AM
I'd like to see them clean that up! don't think so, the kid didn't even look fireguy in the face when he answered. The eyes and body language tell the truth.
Be sure to post the so called clean up, I gotta see it, this is the kind of stuff we need people to see, the ones making mess and damage in the wilderness and who is trying to protect it.

x2..................

BigfishCanada
05-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Curious are you a forestry, or CO, COP? I mean awesome that you talking with them, but the way you talk seems like you have some authority over them. I hope they clean it up but based on what I saw I really doubt it. Be careful if your alone, some dudes are idiots when they are young.

Jagermeister
05-21-2012, 09:51 AM
post your vid on facebook if the area does not get cleaned up. copy to MOE.

dragonslayer
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Even up behind trepanier the garbage is unbelievable, somebody is using this area as their personal garbage dump,absolutely discraceful, I would certainly like to catch them in the act and report them!:evil:

Ozone
05-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Do you have a vid from before they were there?

horshur
05-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Even up behind trepanier the garbage is unbelievable, somebody is using this area as their personal garbage dump,absolutely discraceful, I would certainly like to catch them in the act and report them!:evil:

the garbage in the bush gets worse and worse and the main culprit that led down this road is dumping fees and assinine hours along with the ridiculous restrictions that make it very difficult to get rid of some trash. Some trash I have to drive 40 minutes one way to dump and only on certain days.

Case in point.....free dump day here was the May long weekend....

we used to have container system that was unregulatedand unsupervised 24/7 365 and the bush roads were pretty good with no scathing letters to the editor about illegal dumping weekly or monthly. The roads near town now are dumps.
Hell for years the peat pots got dumped in the containers until some bright idiot figured out how to link them to the grower so now the peat and pots get dumped in creeks instead...

when well the authorities again realize that you cannot drive herd on pigs but only lead then!!!

dragonslayer
05-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Lots of those peat pots back up there too , but thinking they may have been dumped a few years back.

bccanadian
05-21-2012, 01:11 PM
My dad taught me from a young age to leave a campsite cleaner than when you arrived. Even if it meant picking up someone else's cr@p. If they don't clean up after themselves and you just leave it there, then it's never going to get picked up and someone else is going to say it was you that dumped in the first place because you were the last one to camp there.

mark
05-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Everytime I see a bunch of drunk punks out camping, with garbage everywhere, I pull out the camera and start taking pics of licence plates......When one of them asks what Im doing, I tell them, collecting evidence....... which will be reported if theres so much a a spec of garbage left behind after they leave!!! Works everytime so far.

TheProvider
05-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Happens every weekend but yes it happens way more on the long weekends. Its not just the drunk punks though. Lots of older people do it also. Too many people just don't give a rats ass. I like when I find neat piles of bottles in the bush. You pack it in, you enjoy them. Then you take the time to pick them up and put them in a neat pile and leave them thier??? Just as easy to put them back in you vehicle

Tikka270
05-21-2012, 01:25 PM
If they don't clean it up, I would be sending it to every media outlet possible. That kid would rat out his friends in a heartbeat. Show the media that it is not hunters that do that kind of crap.

bighornbob
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Regardless of cost pigs will be pigs. Here in kamloops stuff that can be taken to the landfill for free (tires without rims, steel appliances, propane tanks, car batteries, etc) all end up in the bush all the time. Also yard waste can be dumped for free at three different yard waste sites still end up in the woods.

BHB

the garbage in the bush gets worse and worse and the main culprit that led down this road is dumping fees and assinine hours along with the ridiculous restrictions that make it very difficult to get rid of some trash. Some trash I have to drive 40 minutes one way to dump and only on certain days.

Case in point.....free dump day here was the May long weekend....

we used to have container system that was unregulatedand unsupervised 24/7 365 and the bush roads were pretty good with no scathing letters to the editor about illegal dumping weekly or monthly. The roads near town now are dumps.
Hell for years the peat pots got dumped in the containers until some bright idiot figured out how to link them to the grower so now the peat and pots get dumped in creeks instead...

when well the authorities again realize that you cannot drive herd on pigs but only lead then!!!

Allen50
05-21-2012, 03:10 PM
yea that happens, with no cos around, someone should being lic plate numbers and contacting them later to come clean it up or clean it and toss it on there front lawn,, there is a charge for leaving this mess with out proof hard to prove in court , and these young ones know,, pic vidio etc only wat to get to court with,, as i said in my post why are these weekend people pigs when in the woods,,

fireguy
05-21-2012, 03:12 PM
If they don't clean it up, I would be sending it to every media outlet possible. That kid would rat out his friends in a heartbeat. Show the media that it is not hunters that do that kind of crap.

I went back today and there was only 3 trucks left but all the garbage still there. I made a point of getting their plate number down and cruzed around videoing some more. I went to get the other licence plates and surprise, surprise they were covered over with garbage bags. I left for a few min and came back to see them all gone. Once uploaded thee video's will get their appropriate airtime and be forwarded to the appropriate people.

As I was looking around a group of guys on quads pulled up, neadless to say they were as discusted as I was.

Lionhill
05-21-2012, 05:00 PM
If you can post that link here, I'll send it around to a few of the blog/news sites here in the south. These kids need to be reminded about the word "responsibility".

Make sure you send a link to castanet - they love this stuff.

LH

hillclimber
05-21-2012, 05:02 PM
try and look for any receipts left on the ground.

vortex hunter
05-21-2012, 05:09 PM
What a Bunch Of Little Pukes ........ The need a B$tch slap to grow up Just SICK actually it should be all there PARENTS Cleaning that Sh#t Up

oldtimer
05-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Big difference between how Campers treat the bush and "party animals ". Send the video to MOE and Global as well as all other ones suggested here.........Mike

Lillypuff
05-21-2012, 05:31 PM
As another person said Please be careful I recall an incident up in your country on the chute lake rd where young punks beat the daylights of a gentleman. It is a shame nothing else to say. Good on you for posting it where people can see it

fireguy
05-21-2012, 05:32 PM
second vid is being uploaded, high def so they will be recognizable, got licence plate number this time clear and you bet the news guys will be getting the link, perhaps some parents will recognize their vehicles that were "borrowed" for the weekend.

fireguy
05-21-2012, 05:36 PM
As another person said Please be careful I recall an incident up in your country on the chute lake rd where young punks beat the daylights of a gentleman. It is a shame nothing else to say. Good on you for posting it where people can see it

I'm not sure I fit into the "gentleman" category so I should be fine. There was a reason for me to just do a quick drive by the first time and only single one guy out away from the crown, just way to many people there with way to much booze and we had two teen daughters with their dads, myself and an older gentleman with a bad back, I had no reason to think we could outmuscle anyone if things got out of hand.

BCBRAD
05-21-2012, 05:38 PM
We've cleaned up forestry camp sites many times over the years. Its not always young people who leave a mess. Allot of hunters come from VI and the LML, these people are generally well heeled as there is significant cost with fuel and ferries. But some of them, and locals can be painted with the same brush, leave all kinds of crap behind. These are organized camp sights , with pack in -pack out rules, and what they leave sometimes attract bears. The disgusting part are the grouse parts and bear paws nailed to the trees.
Not all are like this, last fall a group of 6 young people came into our camping area, we're thinking party central...........they did have there booze and dubies but were respectful of the neighbors asked if they could let the dog go off leash, made their own music around the campfire, which we enjoyed, and left not a trace when they left. They enjoyed the freedom of the ourdoors but were courteous to land , wildlife and people. Its not the young or the old its the ones that reduce good things to sh!t is what the problem is.

Ozone
05-21-2012, 05:40 PM
How long before this weekend had you been through this campground?

fireguy
05-21-2012, 05:44 PM
How long before this weekend had you been through this campground?

My friend was there the weekend before, the mess is from them, no question, full beer cans left behind, half full bottles of coke, vodka, ect, fresh garbage everywhere. This is not a lake beside a good road, it is a little off the beaten path and very well out of sight. Besides that, if they had any conscience about them they would have cleaned up their stuff as well as what was left there before them, they had more than enough people.

adamgarbett
05-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Lets see that second vid ill bet some of us locals could id sum trucks.......

fireguy
05-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Lets see that second vid ill bet some of us locals could id sum trucks.......

the first one has more people there, the second only has three, two of which they wouldn't let me get a look at the plates, I got good video of them though and the one was a beige silverado with a matching canopy, 12 ft aluminum stuffed in the back BC plate BD 6881

RENO
05-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Fireguy, I would like to view these video's as well, when will you be posting them? we all should take this initiative as fireguy did here, this lake area is just a hidden place for these punks to booze up and party, undetected from police and parents, I don't call this camping or enjoying the outdoors in the true sense, we have an area here on VI , they do the same and the police do nothing as it's between two jurisdictions and I guess neither one wants to enforce it. This stuff should be noted and posted so their should have been neutered parents can see their so called kids and what they are doing. also good for the media to see that the hunters who are in these area's are the ones that care for these area's. where's david sazuki and and the rest of those tree huggers, you don't see them out there on these issues !

wildman 22
05-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I was walking around there this weekend and turned away from actually going to the lake because of all the shots being fired.was there a couple years back and i dont think their was anyone that was sober.

fireguy
05-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Fireguy, I would like to view these video's as well, when will you be posting them? we all should take this initiative as fireguy did here, this lake area is just a hidden place for these punks to booze up and party, undetected from police and parents, I don't call this camping or enjoying the outdoors in the true sense, we have an area here on VI , they do the same and the police do nothing as it's between two jurisdictions and I guess neither one wants to enforce it. This stuff should be noted and posted so their should have been neutered parents can see their so called kids and what they are doing. also good for the media to see that the hunters who are in these area's are the ones that care for these area's. where's david sazuki and and the rest of those tree huggers, you don't see them out there on these issues !

first one is up (see page 1, first post) second is uploading, it is 15 min long and takes a while to upload

RENO
05-21-2012, 06:46 PM
I was walking around there this weekend and turned away from actually going to the lake because of all the shots being fired.was there a couple years back and i dont think their was anyone that was sober.

Just thinking about this, point you made and was thinking? Drunk and firing guns? that wonderful! who are these idiots! when I hear this kind of thing it really upsets me, it makes me think that maybe the CORE and the firearm licensing should be a little tougher to pass and maybe be a graduated system something like the drivers program. maybe this would help keep this from happening and maybe put the drinking age to 25 as well. huge fines for the parents as well, and to them also would be good, the money could go to forestry and wildlife branch.

RENO
05-21-2012, 06:55 PM
first one is up (see page 1, first post) second is uploading, it is 15 min long and takes a while to upload

Thanks fireguy, will be passing it around to make sure people know this kind of stuff has got to stop, I have friends in media to so they will get it as well. good work . I salute you.

Jeff88
05-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Just thinking about this, point you made and was thinking? Drunk and firing guns? that wonderful! who are these idiots! when I hear this kind of thing it really upsets me, it makes me think that maybe the CORE and the firearm licensing should be a little tougher to pass and maybe be a graduated system something like the drivers program. maybe this would help keep this from happening and maybe put the drinking age to 25 as well. huge fines for the parents as well, and to them also would be good, the money could go to forestry and wildlife branch.

holy crap ...werent u young once ...i cant even count how many times ive been way out in the bush and had fun ...lots of fun ..no harm no fowl ...clean up your mess ,put your fire out ,go home and re cupe...

BlackwaterMerc
05-21-2012, 07:00 PM
you telling them to clean up will only hurt the odds of them actually cleaning up. I know your trying to do whats best but get real. There not afraid of you and dont give two shits. You just got to hope theres one in the group that cares, and there usually is, but again going in there like a champ is only going to tick them off.

RENO
05-21-2012, 07:05 PM
holy crap ...werent u young once ...i cant even count how many times ive been way out in the bush and had fun ...lots of fun ..no harm no fowl ...clean up your mess ,put your fire out ,go home and re cupe...

Yes Jeff I was along time ago, but not too long that I can't remember, but I my Dad instilled good hunter ethics , and my folks were pretty stern as well, and I was told have fun, but don't be stupid and respect the outdoors,and other people's possessions and property. party and have fun, if it hurts or affects others it's wrong, firearms need respect always, how you can do this drunk I would like to know.

Tikka270
05-21-2012, 07:08 PM
It's usually the girls that care and start cleaning up the mess,the guys will step in and help out. Usually how it worked when we had those kinds of parties.

fireguy
05-21-2012, 07:12 PM
you telling them to clean up will only hurt the odds of them actually cleaning up. I know your trying to do whats best but get real. There not afraid of you and dont give two shits. You just got to hope theres one in the group that cares, and there usually is, but again going in there like a champ is only going to tick them off.

They weren't going to clean up no matter what, I'm not stupid, I don't care if I ticked them off, seeing themselves on youtube might tick them off as well I don't care if it does or doesn't, tis is still a small town and not that hard to find out who was up there, the guys i met on their quads today had heard about this party spot from someone they knew and were going to interogate them the next time they saw them. I don't think I went i there like a champ, I'm not going to sit back and just let crap like this happen without saying something either.

As the saying goes, " The world is run by those that show up ", I don't believe in not showing up and just letting things go that are wrong because I'm afraid of what someone might say or do.

Jeff88
05-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Yes Jeff I was along time ago, but not too long that I can't remember, but I my Dad instilled good hunter ethics , and my folks were pretty stern as well, and I was told have fun, but don't be stupid and respect the outdoors,and other people's possessions and property. party and have fun, if it hurts or affects others it's wrong, firearms need respect always, how you can do this drunk I would like to know.

your absolutly correct ..my familly tought me in respecting others and other peoples property and the enviroment ...dont get me wrong ,there are some absolute idiots out there that dont give a flying **** about anything or anyone ,thats not what im talking about ...but sitting around the fire and sipping whiskey while plinking at targets and maybe as the night goes on and u jump on your quad and just about kill yourself and dont really care till morning when u cant move ..well like i said if your not hurting anyone ..let em have fun and they will learn from there mistakes ..weve all had to learn the hard way

wildman 22
05-21-2012, 07:38 PM
jeff 88 you dont have to be young to have fun outdoors. in your post you said you had fun (cleaned up your mess) and went home and recuped.Thats fine because you cleaned up after yourself.The issue is all the garbage that is left behind.

RENO
05-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Jeff, I was just saying, all that is good, have fun but be responsible and clean up.
I have been to allot of camp grounds from here to Ontario and what I saw in that clip, I don't call that camping, that looked more like a frat party? my other point is if your drinking don't mess with firearms as was posted . if there is a safe area to plink or target practice like a gravel pit go for it, but most times these guys aren't plinking. sorry , but when folks are discharging guns and have now idea where the bullet is going or shooting while drunk, that scares me just a bit. there is a time and a place for everything,everything in moderation,everything is necessary and everything is dispensable.

Jeff88
05-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Jeff, I was just saying, all that is good, have fun but be responsible and clean up.
I have been to allot of camp grounds from here to Ontario and what I saw in that clip, I don't call that camping, that looked more like a frat party? my other point is if your drinking don't mess with firearms as was posted . if there is a safe area to plink or target practice like a gravel pit go for it, but most times these guys aren't plinking. sorry , but when folks are discharging guns and have now idea where the bullet is going or shooting while drunk, that scares me just a bit. there is a time and a place for everything,everything in moderation,everything is necessary and everything is dispensable.

i agree ,theres a time and place for certain things ..drunk and firearms are an accident waiting too happen ,all im saying is most of us who had adventurous youth did some crazy shit ,shit that im lucky to be alive ..so im not the type too look at these younger guys who are partying and doing whatever out there and to say there idiots ,been there done that ...as for cleaning up there mess ,absolutly they should ,thats par for the coarse ...look at the logging protesters at claquat sound..after they left it looked like a garbage dump ...and they call themselves environmmentalists

Tikka270
05-21-2012, 08:39 PM
sorry , but when folks are discharging guns and have now idea where the bullet is going or shooting while drunk, that scares me just a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81lK87r1RTM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

scoutlt1
05-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Sorry if I sound like an "old man", and gawd knows I've done some dumb shit when I was younger, but....
there were always, and still are, some "rules" I abide by....

Don't ever...EVER....drink (or ride) and drive.
Before you go for the beer, ALWAYS put the guns away.
Whatever you pack in, pack more out.

This was instilled to me by my late father. No matter how wild and crazy the parties got, I stuck by those few but important rules.

Many a young life was snuffed out because somebody was just plain dumb. It happened to someone very close to me many years ago.

I know cleaning up after a party in the bush may not be life-altering, but I wish more kids nowadays would have the sense to do it.

I teach the same to my sons, and hope that they will be the ones that stay behind, when everyone else rips out of camp on sunday morning, and clean the place up.

Phreddy
05-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Ditto for me. Had a couple of mouthpieces try to intimidate me but I explained that after many years in Corrections I've had experts try to do that and it didn't work for them either.

Everytime I see a bunch of drunk punks out camping, with garbage everywhere, I pull out the camera and start taking pics of licence plates......When one of them asks what Im doing, I tell them, collecting evidence....... which will be reported if theres so much a a spec of garbage left behind after they leave!!! Works everytime so far.

Jeff88
05-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Sorry if I sound like an "old man", and gawd knows I've done some dumb shit when I was younger, but....
there were always, and still are, some "rules" I abide by....

Don't ever...EVER....drink (or ride) and drive.
Before you go for the beer, ALWAYS put the guns away.
Whatever you pack in, pack more out.

This was instilled to me by my late father. No matter how wild and crazy the parties got, I stuck by those few but important rules.

Many a young life was snuffed out because somebody was just plain dumb. It happened to someone very close to me many years ago.

I know cleaning up after a party in the bush may not be life-altering, but I wish more kids nowadays would have the sense to do it.

I teach the same to my sons, and hope that they will be the ones that stay behind, when everyone else rips out of camp on sunday morning, and clean the place up.

well said my friend

too bad alcohol makes our decision making extremely poor ...especially in our youth ...like i said earlier ,,live and learn....

RENO
05-21-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81lK87r1RTM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

yes, I saw this he's lucky he didn't kill someone, this guy should be the poster boy for prophylactics.

nap
05-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Campers are not hunters, from the videos shown there was alot of garbage on the ground and my guess lots left behind when the weekend is a done deal. The may long week end quit meaning lots to me a few years back, I sure hope that all those campers made it home safely, Guess I'm just saying lets clean up after a weekend like that and have minor hockey ,ringette, base ball or any other group make good from whats left behind. Just a thought.

RENO
05-21-2012, 08:54 PM
sorry, but I can't seem to find the other video's fireguy was posting? does anyone know where they are posted.

fireguy
05-21-2012, 08:58 PM
sorry, but I can't seem to find the other video's fireguy was posting? does anyone know where they are posted.

65% uploaded, youtube takes forever

patience grasshopper

Sitkaspruce
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM

Actually it has worked a few times for me, with both kids and adults. Once we had a group of hunters from the OK come up and stay in this old gravel pit. They shot two moose and while we were BS'ing with them, we noticed the heads and hides dumped behind this little burm. We told them that the hides and garbage hidden under them had better be removed or we would report them. They bitched and complained, but the stuff was cleaned up and when they left, the whole area was clean.

Sometimes a little kick in the a$$ works.....sometimes

Nice work Fireguy!!

Cheers

SS

RENO
05-21-2012, 10:21 PM
ok Fireguy, patience is my middle name,

They should post a sign at that lake,
quoting David Carradine
" grasshoppers, when you have picked up all the garbage from this site, it will then be time for you to leave"

fireguy
05-22-2012, 12:10 AM
The next day video, the last ones were just leaving and the aftermath they left behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6Vj4gI66Ieg

finally, that took a long time to upload to youtube, I have to find a quicker way to do that.

Whonnock Boy
05-22-2012, 12:36 AM
How very, very, sad. What is even sadder is that even though you have video footage of this carnage, I doubt that anything will be done about by the authorities. These things that did this, are the lowest of the low. I truly wish that they all could be rounded up, lined up, and shot with balls of their own feces. Lead would be even better. This planet has no use for shit rats like these. I am thoroughly disgusted......

With that said, if I had ever found out that my child was part of this, he would not leave that spot until every shred of garbage was removed, and put in its proper place.

Tikka270
05-22-2012, 12:41 AM
I don't know how you went 15 minutes without swearing fireguy! Have you sent the link to any media yet?

Singleshotneeded
05-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Well done Fireguy, when any of us come across idiots making a mess like this we should take pics or video
including licence plates and vehicles...

fireguy
05-22-2012, 12:49 AM
I don't know how you went 15 minutes without swearing fireguy! Have you sent the link to any media yet?

peachlandnews.con, am1150 (phill), castanet, working on some more. No swearing because I want this to be shown in the media.

hunter1947
05-22-2012, 03:58 AM
I don't understand how people can do something like this to the bush and get away with it ??? ,I spend some time in the bush and the forestry hounds me that I am squatting my camp is in no mans land and the forestry worker said to me that I keep a very clean camp ,how can dirty people get away from making this kind of mess I just don't get it ????.

Like I said in my previous post on this thread the only way to stop this kind of thing is to gate the roads or for the law to come in and do a check when someone reports this kind of thing then if they don't clean up they will be fined.

The road side sines say max penalty 2000.00 for littering the hi way tell me is it any different to liter in the forest this kind of thing really pis*es me off to no end and the law better do something about it so we as people that like to camp can camp in a clean environment..

mikeboehm
05-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Get in touch with the BCWF. Im sure they would get involved. Its not hunters its punk ass kids

RENO
05-22-2012, 08:10 AM
I have put both of these videos in an email and sent it to all my contacts, to let them know this is not acceptable behavior in BC. or anywhere.
Thanks for posting and your hard work, it's guys like you that help give Hunters respect they deserve. Thanks Fireguy.

steel_ram
05-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Get in touch with the BCWF. Im sure they would get involved. Its not hunters its punk ass kids

Didn't one of the punk ass kids say "they come hunting up here?"

fireguy
05-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Didn't one of the punk ass kids say "they come hunting up here?"

"camping" up there every year was what he said.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Nice work J!! Time to take back the bush from these slobs.

SSS

Barracuda
05-22-2012, 09:44 AM
poor parenting at its best:icon_frow

Mulehahn
05-22-2012, 09:53 AM
That is horrible. Wow, I attended some pretty big parties back in my day but we never left a mess like that. Mostly because we burned EVERYTHING, including a few peoples tents and such. If it was remotely flammable or meltable it went into the fire. Then we just cleaned out the pit in the morning. It looks like someone tried to be prepared and brought up a gargage can, but Y leave it. But I can honestly say that it was clean when we left. We (about 20 of us) used to always go to the same private camp ground Canada day weekend across from Skaha Lake. The older couple who ran it was a bit on edge the first year, but was always happy to see us after that. He would even sit around the fire with us. And this was only 5 years ago. I hope the media runs with this, people need to see this, not only what is going on but that it is quaders and hunters who care and do something, not some hippy environmentalist who makes a donation to suzuki and says I am a true hero. Great Job Fireguy.

doubled
05-22-2012, 12:58 PM
What a disgusting thing to see. WTF is wrong with kids these days??? Send this to all the local schools and get them to arrange a "field trip". Time for some accountability.

RENO
05-22-2012, 07:03 PM
This is the email I forwarded to my friends to pass on, thanks again Fireguy for posting and cleaning up that camp ground.

May 20/21.2012
Have a look at what, is called going camping and having fun, if these were your kids, you should be ashamed, NO! this is not a foreign country,
this is right here in beautiful BC! a hunter and his friends filmed this mess and has posted it on the internet to show you all and hopefully? the parents and friends
of these campers, the mess and condition they left, this lake area!

Once again , it's the Hunter's and Outdoorsmen and women to the rescue, and are the first to clean up the woods, although they are always frowned on,for hunting!

If the people that call themselves environmentalists, and plaster the internet with propaganda about hunting, fishing, logging, and how bad these folks are and what they do, and are so called really concerned about keeping our planet clean! they would be out in the woods, cleaning these messes up and spending their time educating these kids, in respect for the outdoors. Instead of bashing the very people that are the true keepers of the wilderness in this country!

THEIR YOUR KIDS!! Set your kids straight , and take and interest in their behavior!! and hug a Hunter.
pass this along, and make sure your kids see this, and make sure they understand THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! PLEASE AND THANKS!
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1gpHB7VPg&feature=player_embedded
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................
part 2
.................................................. ..............................................

dragonslayer
05-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Fireguy, Did you see if they were mud bogging at the half way mark to the right, also totally not allowed,seen them last year and they sure make a mess of it ,new regs not allowed any more, did you notice? Btw seen them before new regs about mud bogging came out, if I see it now, report time.

John

dragonslayer
05-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Was up there a 2 days prior to the long weekend and there was no mess . so I know that the parties invoved are responible. Just saying as a fact!

John K

RENO
05-22-2012, 07:38 PM
The other thing I noticed was they left their tent?didn't know they made disposable tents ? a marine battery, and life jackets, oars behind. Guess it's ok their dumb parents are paying for it I'm sure!
Who brings old furniture camping, coach and chair???
They also left folding camping chair next to the tree, the camp stores must love these dumbies!!!

Whonnock Boy
05-22-2012, 07:47 PM
The other thing I noticed was they left their tent?didn't know they made disposable tents ? a marine battery, and life jackets, oars behind. Guess it's ok their dumb parents are paying for it I'm sure!
Who brings old furniture camping, coach and chair???
They also left folding camping chair next to the tree, the camp stores must love these dumbies!!!

If I had to make a guess, none of their belongings were bought and paid for by themselves. Judging by their total lack of respect, I would not doubt that a lot of it was of the five finger discount variety.

anglo-saxon
05-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Wasn't many years ago that I went to may longs like that, as I'm sure many of you did.

Nope, I was raised to have respect for the countryside and for other people's property. It would never occur to me to leave such a dusgusting mess.

You sound like you're defending these idiots.

It takes some serious effort to trash a place that badly. I cannot believe anyone would attempt to excuse such behaviour.

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
05-22-2012, 09:16 PM
I learned never to litter or leave garbage anyplace. When I go camping I always see lots of garbage and I pick it up. It is too bad that some people not respect the land and the wilderness.

bccanadian
05-22-2012, 09:52 PM
My dad would have turned over in his grave if I had ever left a campsite looking even remotely as bad as that.
Don't parents teach their kids to be responsible in the bush anymore?

RENO
05-22-2012, 10:29 PM
No ! I don't believe they teach them anything period, with the soft laws, and
the freedom of rights taken to extremes, in Canada, and parents or lack of parenting and skill and importance of guiding their children is lost. couples have children for ? reason, sometime I think as a status symbol, or because everyone else has them, and then believe the adage "it takes a village to raise a child" so their off the hook, I guess? meaning their kids are our problem?
it seems that, the values and laws, of decent Canadians has disappeared to protect the rights of the scum bags, the country is divided, it seems one side is the old school,common sense values with the respect for property and others, and work ethics and morals... and the other side scum bag pussy's , with poor education, manners, and a chip on their shoulder,, cause the world owes them a life, the bleeding hearts of our world where minding everyones business, but their own, and jealous of others things and accomplishments.
They do not like the structured ways of the past, but prefer the seat of your pants, life and who gives a shit, look at me, life style, where the only time they need you, is for money. Signs,laws,and what you think? means squat to these youngsters of today.
Yes, my Dad would not be impress either.

fireguy
05-23-2012, 12:08 AM
surprise surprise, there is a comment on youtube that 3 of the 200 people that were there went in last night and cleaned up 80% of the mess and a dozen will be there tommorow to finsh the job. Good on the few that went back. I'm going back tommorow with an empty truck, I hope it comes out empty as well.

Seems like a little publicity goes a long way.

Tikka270
05-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Maybe some of them or their family members belong to hbc. Good for them if they do get it done.

Foxton Gundogs
05-23-2012, 04:53 AM
Yah but why did it take being "busted" to make them do it? I REALLY hope they learned a leasson but I doubt it. Good on you for showing the "error of their ways"

bigwhiteys
05-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Yah but why did it take being "busted" to make them do it? I REALLY hope they learned a leasson but I doubt it. Good on you for showing the "error of their ways"

I am sure the humility of returning to your party and cleaning up the mess of your 200 drunken friends is more than enough for those with a conscience to learn a lesson. There were obviously some good kids mixed in with the bunch, give them a break. They should be praised a little for making the right decision, they might have incentive to make the right choice next time.

Most of us were kids once too... And you're all flat out liars if you think you were all gods gift to the community during your teenage years... lol..

RENO
05-23-2012, 07:23 AM
But were they there cleaning? in the second video I only saw you cleaning, they all buggered off. will have to go read the posts.
Don't hold your breath, publicity does go a long way, but not as far as bull shit, and sorry they didn't clean it that day, they won't now, talk is cheap,actions count.
good for you for posting Fireguy, you showed them you are the real deal, and them for the pigs they are!thanks again.

RENO
05-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Most of us were kids once too... And you're all flat out liars if you think you were all gods gift to the community during your teenage years... lol..[/QUOTE]

LOL, well pretty close for me , I can tell you the difference in my house, that's not in their home, 1. the old rules of respect and respect your folks.
2. parent had the rights to straighten you out!
3. To know your Dad would beat the s... out of you for not conducting your self,like a civil person.Military you see.
QB is a pretty small and quaint place, know it well, it's so quiet you can hear a mouse fart there, and your council has that little town, wrap tighter that a vestal virgin, it's probably one of the calmest, safest towns in Canada, a party like this in QB would look like the apocalypse has come, so it's funny when you live, in a place where a cop stops someone and the whole town comes to watch is funny that you would even know about being outta control as a kid. LOL Just fing with you nice town one of my favs.

Foxton Gundogs
05-23-2012, 07:46 AM
I am sure the humility of returning to your party and cleaning up the mess of your 200 drunken friends is more than enough for those with a conscience to learn a lesson. There were obviously some good kids mixed in with the bunch, give them a break. They should be praised a little for making the right decision, they might have incentive to make the right choice next time.

Most of us were kids once too... And you're all flat out liars if you think you were all gods gift to the community during your teenage years... lol..

I never said I was Gods gift to anything then or now and I was a wild as they come, but I can say without hesitation that I(and my immediate group) NEVER left a campsite in a mess wether we cleaned up after ourselves or a group of people we hardly knew. just wasn't done and we never needed to be "outed" in public to know it was not done. It's not like they were back the next day and did the clean up on their own it was FGs video that kicked them in the a$$ and I highly doubt the cleanup would have happened without it being mad public.

RENO
05-23-2012, 07:58 AM
i never said i was gods gift to anything then or now and i was a wild as they come, but i can say without hesitation that i(and my immediate group) never left a campsite in a mess wether we cleaned up after ourselves or a group of people we hardly knew. Just wasn't done and we never needed to be "outed" in public to know it was not done. It's not like they were back the next day and did the clean up on their own it was fgs video that kicked them in the a$$ and i highly doubt the cleanup would have happened without it being mad public.
big x 2..................................

bigwhiteys
05-23-2012, 07:59 AM
LOL, well pretty close for me , I can tell you the difference in my house, that's not in their home

1. the old rules of respect and respect your folks.
2. parent had the rights to straighten you out!
3. To know your Dad would beat the s... out of you for not conducting your self,like a civil person.Military you see.

My moms side was english prim and proper and my dads side some pretty bush rednecks. It was a good combo lol... I think they did a good job.

QB is a pretty small and quaint place, know it well, it's so quiet you can hear a mouse fart there, and your council has that little town, wrap tighter that a vestal virgin, it's probably one of the calmest, safest towns in Canada, a party like this in QB would look like the apocalypse has come, so it's funny when you live, in a place where a cop stops someone and the whole town comes to watch is funny that you would even know about being outta control as a kid. LOL Just fing with you nice town one of my favs.

Yep, nice little town, perfect to raise my kids but I did not grow up here. I grew up in Sidney and we had epic parties...lol.. If it didn't make the "police briefs" in the paper the party sucked.

RENO
05-23-2012, 08:23 AM
[

Know the Sydney parties well, had lots of them my self grew up in NOnt,
the real Bob and Doug were my close friends and it was work all week and party every weekend. I've seen enough 60's+70's , Been a musician most of life to, giging an d working a career, so I've seen parties and all that! and the police didn't always come, a party I was at lasted 4 days, they drank everything in the house 4 barrels of wine as well, trashed my friends parents home, broads galore, and if you can think it it happened, so ........ you partied ... I partied ....... we all had fun, but WE had discipline, and can clean right away for mistakes made , I had fun but regrets to.

Grew up with lots of different folks Big whiteys , proper,redneck,military???
doesn't matter who or what you are ,it's knowing you did something to hurt someone or doing the wrong acts and having the balls to make it right!

Fishhound
05-23-2012, 08:26 AM
In my teens if we had left a site in that kind of shape all of our parents would have kicked our a**es back up there to clean it up, and the idea of using any of our parents trucks and boats or other camping and outdoor gear would have been out of the question for a while

300H&H
05-23-2012, 08:28 AM
FireGuy, if you want I will come out this weekend and help if you need me to just PM me.
Empty truck and a rake ready this Saturday.
If you get there before me save me the ores.

RENO
05-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Right on, money was almost none existent and what you had you kept dearly,
the luxuries of today, fancy trucks, boats and high tech camping gear, cell phones, and trailers and motor home's were for the rich. Parents were working hard to raise a family and pay their mortgage, and I guess being new Canadians, building a new life in here, going around and acting like an animal, did do much for you, and the way others viewed your family and where you were from. parties or things we did then had to be out of the public eye's and without people knowing especially M+D.

* today everything is open free, and out of the closet and you can say,do, what ever you want ........ we went from rules to no rules?

bigwhiteys
05-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Grew up with lots of different folks Big whiteys , proper,redneck,military???
doesn't matter who or what you are ,it's knowing you did something to hurt someone or doing the wrong acts and having the balls to make it right!

Exactly and it sounds to me like that message got across to a few, maybe just not at the lightspeed some in this thread think their little drunken, hungover, clouded minds should have absorbed it. And out of 200+ kids there I will almost guarantee you there is at least one HBC'er who had a child or two "there" maybe even one of our younger members participated in the fun!

I'll bet like anything in life it was 20% of those kids caused 80% percent of the mess. The rest get tarred and feathered with the same brush, much like us when a poacher makes the news.

a party I was at lasted 4 days, they drank everything in the house 4 barrels of wine as well, trashed my friends parents home, broads galore, and if you can think it it happened

Sounds like an average Rugby tournament... lol. I am from Sidney, Vancouver Island not Ont.

Carl

RENO
05-23-2012, 08:59 AM
FireGuy, if you want I will come out this weekend and help if you need me to just PM me.
Empty truck and a rake ready this Saturday.
If you get there before me save me the ores.

Make sure you film the clean up, so there is no question who showed to clean up and who said they were coming and didn't. The part we play as hunters and true out doors people should be posted regularly to show the viewers, the reality of what is really happening and who is doing it.
I think embarrassing people and exposing their piggish ways , and their abuse of our forests and parks ect , that there are still people watching that care.
cheers

RENO
05-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Well, I'll agree with that, but it LOL it was no avg.Rugby tournament, LOL that for sure, I don't think back then it mattered a party was party ,good times and memories, and have to laugh at the stupid things we did, and Carl,the schooling was diff to, Nuns and Jesuit priests and they were tough, one Nun had me kneel on walnut shells, so it wasn't easy, the system has changed to fast to much and has left to big a gap for allot of folks to relate, to bad.
Cheers
Carl
see u sometime QB ? Reno

sapper
05-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Well, it made the Peachland News (http://peachlandnews.com/blog/2012/05/22/bush-party-turns-local-lake-into-garbage-dump/). I'd hate to be the kid in the blue Mac who talked to FireGuy. His photo is front and centre.

GoatGuy
05-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Pretty sure the COS is on this already as well.

Good job, hopefully it'll be spotless before the week's out.

steel_ram
05-23-2012, 11:42 AM
This is undoubtably just one incident of similiar hundreds across the province. Perhaps they need to crucify a few individuals publicly to send the message out further.

fireguy
05-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I went back in today with a reporter in tow, they had cleaned it up a bit, if piling it on a fire and burning it counts. I loaded my truck up and brought one load out.

castanet should have a video up shortly. CHBC just finished interviewing me and the CO is investigating.

The Dawg
05-23-2012, 12:17 PM
I went back in today with a reporter in tow, they had cleaned it up a bit, if piling it on a fire and burning it counts. I loaded my truck up and brought one load out.

castanet should have a video up shortly. CHBC just finished interviewing me and the CO is investigating.

Beauty! Good on ya for all the work you did!

05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Nice work fire guy

scoutlt1
05-23-2012, 12:21 PM

Well done fireguy!!
Great job all round right from the start. You have gone above and beyond what most people will do.
Thanks for helping to make a difference!

hotload
05-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Great effort on your part to get this rolling. From those that clean up and always have, Thanxxx

fireguy
05-23-2012, 12:46 PM
some news stories

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/153214425.html

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/152717685.html

http://peachlandnews.com/blog/2012/05/22/bush-party-turns-local-lake-into-garbage-dump/

and other discussion
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41115

doubled
05-23-2012, 12:50 PM
This is excellent news.

05-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Gotta say my dad taught me better! Ive been to those parties as a kid too, but it was also myself and the guys i was there with that cleaned up as much as we could of the other peoples mess.

Kids will wind up at parties like this, its kinda part sometimes of being a kid..... But the good kids will stay back and do their best to clean it all up.
I was never and never will be the "Messy idiot" but i was around lots and have profited for it.

Gateholio
05-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Some of you guys really need to grow up....

This is a great thread about how one guy made a HUGE impact with a bit of effort and some good thinking. And some of you want to turn it into a pissing match with who can post the most stupid internet picture. Knock this shit off.

Fireguy, I'm really impressed. Very well done. You have probably made a difference fro years to come, and inspired others to take back the woods from messy idiots.

frenchbar
05-23-2012, 04:16 PM
x2 gate ..this is exactly what was needed to be done ..big thumbs up to fireguy ...it will make a difference for sure ...

05-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I thought my one with the toddeler saying IBTL was kinda cute?
Good call on the clean up.

It really is amazing what can be done when a cool head goes in with a plan and keeps his cool. Videoing that and remaining civil then taking it to the Places you did. Fire guy, hell of a way to stand up!

sapper
05-23-2012, 04:21 PM

This is a great thread about how one guy made a HUGE impact with a bit of effort and some good thinking. And some of you want to turn it into a pissing match with who can post the most stupid internet picture. Knock this shit off.

Fireguy, I'm really impressed. Very well done. You have probably made a difference fro years to come, and inspired others to take back the woods from messy idiots.

agreed. thanks for cleaning up the thread too, Gatehouse. ;-)

popsy
05-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Great work Fireguy. This province is our back yard to be enjoyed by all and with your effort I can only hope it stays clean!!!

stitch
05-23-2012, 04:41 PM
I thought my one with the toddeler saying IBTL was kinda cute?
Good call on the clean up.

It really is amazing what can be done when a cool head goes in with a plan and keeps his cool. Videoing that and remaining civil then taking it to the Places you did. Fire guy, hell of a way to stand up!

I thought it was funny....

kdmack
05-23-2012, 04:51 PM
»Good job James for confronting these Douches. Obviously the lakes not much of a secret fishing hole anymore...lol

BlackwaterMerc
05-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Great Work Fireguy!!
I apologize if it sounded like i was siding with those stupid kids, I was not. I just hate hearing about people getting beat up or hurt for voicing there concern or getting envolved in a matter, because it happens much to often. I just had no idea the extent of the mess until your second video and now can understand your reasoning for confronting them. That was disgusting. I just did'nt want to see you get hurt over some campsite trash but this goes way beyond that. Anyways, Very proud of you and your diligence with this. It will make a difference.

RENO
05-23-2012, 06:27 PM

Well said Gatehouse! BIG X2 from me, this is the kind of stuff, we need to focus on and show the public , there is a distinction between REAL HUNTERS and OUTDOORS people,........ and these bush vandal's who give us and make look bad ! Quote " it's the one or ones that show up that make things happen" how true.... your first rate! Fireguy, thank you again!

Fishhound
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Fireguy, good job well done, if there is an award of excellence on this site I nominate you

Hopefully the work you put into this will inspire our young and old to be more mindful of the mess the make while enjoying our great outdoors

NaStY
05-23-2012, 07:55 PM
You turned a real wrong into a great right. Good for you for stepping up a sticking with it. Not many would have.......................

Wrayzer
05-23-2012, 08:56 PM
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-75583-33-.htm#75583

Right on James, good on you for taking the initiative.

fireguy
05-23-2012, 08:58 PM
kdmack, that's funny, you almost quoted word for word what your old man said to me last night.

It's not about me in any way, shape or form, in fact it was kinda a pain answering the phone all day today, passing on pictures, doing interviews, ect. The real point is that we all have to stand up and say or do something when we see something going on that is wrong. I learned a lot today as well, talking with the CO was a good eye opener, when you see stuff like that call RAPP right away, sometimes they are right in the neighborhood and can act quickly. I didn't realize all the violations that the kids up there had commited on the first drive through that they would have picked up. Take your time getting pictures and plates, the more and the clearer the better.

With so many people there it is hard to pin things on individuals so the CO being there when it is happening would help a lot.

Needless to say, I just hope it opens peoples eyes up a little and these type of people will watch what they do in the bush because you never know when someone is watching you and either taking pictures or videoing, even when they are standing right in front of you.

RENO
05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
kdmack, that's funny, you almost quoted word for word what your old man said to me last night.

It's not about me in any way, shape or form, in fact it was kinda a pain answering the phone all day today, passing on pictures, doing interviews, ect. The real point is that we all have to stand up and say or do something when we see something going on that is wrong. I learned a lot today as well, talking with the CO was a good eye opener, when you see stuff like that call RAPP right away, sometimes they are right in the neighborhood and can act quickly. I didn't realize all the violations that the kids up there had commited on the first drive through that they would have picked up. Take your time getting pictures and plates, the more and the clearer the better.

With so many people there it is hard to pin things on individuals so the CO being there when it is happening would help a lot.

Needless to say, I just hope it opens peoples eyes up a little and these type of people will watch what they do in the bush because you never know when someone is watching you and either taking pictures or videoing, even when they are standing right in front of you.

Good points to remember, I for one learned a few more things I didn't now from the article with the CO, thanks.

Amphibious
05-24-2012, 08:07 AM
When I become overlord of all Kanuckistan, I will see that people like those in the video are found and their trash returned to them.

Rectally.

Thank you for pushing the video to the media. those that litter in the bush are the lowest form of life.

Foxton Gundogs
05-24-2012, 08:34 AM

It may not be about you FG but it IS about what you did and how you did it, GREAT way to represent us all and stick up for the thing that cant stick up for its self......THE ENVIORMENT. Good for you and what you did.

coach
05-24-2012, 08:37 AM
I just heard you interviewed on local radio (AM 1150). Outstanding job, Fireguy! You really sounded great and your message was loud and clear - this kind of thing is not acceptable.

fireguy
05-24-2012, 08:40 AM
I just heard you interviewed on local radio (AM 1150). Outstanding job, Fireguy! You really sounded great and your message was loud and clear - this kind of thing is not acceptable.

I just wish I had a little more time on air, it was pretty quick.

coach
05-24-2012, 08:44 AM
I just wish I had a little more time on air, it was pretty quick.

I only caught the end of it - but you did a great job representing the interests of all of us.

anglo-saxon
05-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Perhaps they need to crucify a few individuals publicly to send the message out further.

Literally or figuratively? I'm good with either!

anglo-saxon
05-24-2012, 11:06 AM
When I become overlord of all Kanuckistan, I will see that people like those in the video are found and their trash returned to them.

Rectally.

Ah, a man after my own heart. Under such circumstances I would be willing to cancel the crucifictions. Your idea sounds way better. We can hold auctions for people "administering" the the toilet plunger by the hour (hey, you've got that get that stuff in there somehow). Proceeds to BCWF!

It may not be about you FG but it IS about what you did and how you did it, GREAT way to represent us all and stick up for the thing that cant stick up for its self......THE ENVIORMENT. Good for you and what you did.

X 2. Very well said!!

Phreddy
05-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks for making a difference and inspiring those around you Fireguy. You're welcome in my hunting camp anytime.

Goliath
05-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Awesome job Fireguy, thanks for doing your part.

fireguy
05-24-2012, 11:58 PM
All i can say is that for the past two days I have spent more time on the phone or in front of a camera over this than I ever intended but the results of one small thing seem to be very far reaching. it has even gone national through the canadian press, go figure.

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Young+Okanagan+campers+face+fines+over+disgusting+ mess/6673506/story.html

All I really wanted was for them to clean up their mess and shed some light on the fact that hunters, fishermen, quadders, and the like are good guys that care about the places we like to play in. That and I was a little ticked off and wanted to let others know that their actions have consiquences. The regional district is going to send someone out into the area and clean up as well, the area will probably be the cleanest lake in the okanagan by the time this is all done.

hunter1947
05-25-2012, 04:30 AM
All i can say is that for the past two days I have spent more time on the phone or in front of a camera over this than I ever intended but the results of one small thing seem to be very far reaching. it has even gone national through the canadian press, go figure.

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Young+Okanagan+campers+face+fines+over+disgusting+ mess/6673506/story.html

All I really wanted was for them to clean up their mess and shed some light on the fact that hunters, fishermen, quadders, and the like are good guys that care about the places we like to play in. That and I was a little ticked off and wanted to let others know that their actions have consiquences. The regional district is going to send someone out into the area and clean up as well, the area will probably be the cleanest lake in the okanagan by the time this is all done.

I have to congrats you on sticking to your guns ,its people like you that makes our forest a much better place to visit without seeing garbage ,thank you for following through with determination..

Walkntalk
05-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Good on ye' FireGuy. There should be an outdoorsmen's citizen award or something for things like this.

Also glad to see that social media is more and more being used for social good, rather than as an expression of teen angst and stupid 20 y/o drunken pics.

Imho, I like to hope that not all the kids were so inconsiderate and that some cleaned up, or did more than come back to burn their sh!t (which I think could be worse even than just leaving it there!).

Those that brought the sofa's, etc and drove in the lake should eat the fines as these were deliberate and premeditated acts.

Again, nicely done!

dragonslayer
05-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Also a big thanks, James, well done, I know you and your family quite well, your inspiration is one to be admired, kudos my friend.

John K

RENO
05-25-2012, 10:18 PM
They mention the tax payers will be on the hook for the clean up/damage? That really bothers me that would be said, the tax payers didn't do anything these punks did, and they are the ones that should be paying, I would fine the little B's and make them go to all the area campgrounds and clean them up to all summer long, maybe they would get the idea there are consequences for doing this kind of thing, their folks should attend to they take more interest what their kids are doing out there ! Might sound harsh, but that's what I think would be fair.

fireguy
05-26-2012, 02:00 AM
this was posted on the castanet forum

The BC Conservation Officer Service is very interested in speaking to anyone who may have witnessed this environmental vandalism or has any information as the the identification of the culprits responsible.
If you are one of the people involved in this incident, we would like to hear from you and specifically hear of your plans to clean up what remains of this mess and return it to the pristine condition that it should have been left in. It is time to "step up to the plate"!
Please contact: CO Mike Stern @ 250-490-8204 or CO Bob Hamilton @ 250-490-8211 of the South Okanagan Zone.

followed by this

The mess is 100% cleaned up, but you dont see anyone taking videos of THAT, do you? One minute this is a top story on CHBC, but now that its cleaned up, its no news at all. Maybe there should be a follow up to show that it was indeed cleaned up, by some of the campers who camped there, including myself.

And to refer to something above saying why was James taking garbage down if the mess was cleaned up....He was told the mess was 80% cleaned up and that the rest would be done the next day, and it was HIS choice to go up there and take a truck load of garbage down. If he left it, it would have been cleaned the next day, just like he was told, and just like the rest of the stuff that he did not take down.

All that matters is that Spring lake is 100% clean now. Its sad and stupid that it was left in such a state by so many people, but at least it was cleaned up. Mostly by people who camped there and DIDNT leave their mess, but we took responsibility to clean up everyone elses.

Some names have been passed on and one guy posted on my youtube channel that he was going to give them a call so I don't think the taxpayers will be on the hook for as much as they might have been. The main thing is the message got out there. I would almost guess that if you wanted to go up to the cleanest lake in the okanagan this weekend Spring lake might be the one to go to. I might have to make another run in there and see for myself.

RENO
05-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Be nice to see you film one now that it is cleaned up, I would take the reporter with you, would be a good follow up story for sure, and for the above part ," it's good James went to see if it was cleaned up, I would have done the same" I take it, this was a statement by the kids?right? sure the place would have been a mess, and they would got away with it. There idea of clean leaves allot to be desired, Good for you and following your instincts, and the nerve to say , nobody told you to clean that stuff? what a comment. Glad you did James. We have to lead by example, and they can learn allot from you . cheers

doubled
05-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Let them tell that to the judge and we will all see what happens after that. Good job again and I hope those little pukes get what is coming to them.

remington666
05-27-2012, 08:32 PM
we all know there will always be idiots making a mess and destroying trees etc. but if we all do our part and clean up messes when we see them such as fireguy has done it wouldmake a big diference .I know it sucks cleaning up after people but we got to start some where , my hunting group and i have cleaned up two times in region 5-03 after groups of tree planters (so called lovers of the earth ) left all kinds of crap burnt most and then took the rest with us ,and being a young father i will pass on this to my son and hopefully knock on wood he gets it .good luck all with the LEH draw

Glenny
05-27-2012, 08:56 PM
RAPP when it's happening.

aj1493
05-27-2012, 10:03 PM
awesome job people like u rock

Piperdown
05-28-2012, 06:04 AM
Good on you for steping up to the plate.

fireguy
05-29-2012, 07:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESYZxfYIKso

RENO
06-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Well, that sure looks better, hope it stays like that! we need to follow Fireguy's lead and report more of this kind of stuff , we could clean up our province , and show, not only BC, but the rest of Canada who really are the environmentalists. Maybe citizens will realize that, there are some real slobs, out there and not be so quick to blame Hunters for everything.