PDA

View Full Version : Minimoosin's Black Bear

moosinaround
05-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Well, it has taken a while, we have been fairly picky, but Minimoosin finally bagged a black bear tonight! Brett, NoahDawg, Mini, and myself headed out down the Blackwater Rd to chase up a pepperonie bear! Mini has had a monkey on his back going back to last year when he successfully passed his CORE course. Well he got er done tonight bagging a nice 5 footer. We were heading down the Leigh Creek Rd, a road we stalked a smaller bear down on Friday. Mini was a bit disapointed when we got 20 yrds form this bear on Friday and I wouldn't give him the ok. We walked back to the truck, a good click, and talked about using the wind and terrain to our advantage to get that close to the bear. Well anyways, he was chompin at the bit to get back out, so I called up my best buddies, Brett, and NoahDawg and along with Mini, we head out this afternoon. Well, we seen the bear he shot from about 800yrds away, stopped the truck, but he was onto us! Off into the clear cut he headed, and Mini was a bit bummed. We head further down the rd, sure as heck, this bugger pops out a click or so further down the rd. So out hops Mini, and I, we have lots of time, so I am softly giving Mini instructions as he is taking aim on this blackie. Well the bear give us a bit of a performance flopping down and rolling around as he was chewing the green veg. Mini held his composure, and when Brett, Dawg and I gave him the ok, he took the shot! Well, it turns out this was a 5 footer or so, and he was scarred up on the face like a real scrapper! Can't really explain how proud I am of him, $hit eating grin can't be wiped off my face tonight! Big thanks to Mini, Brett and Dawg, made the recovery pretty easy. Next time I think Mini will wear longer pants though, his shins were pretty beat up from the slash and blowdown! NoahDawg will post some pics. Moosin

The Dawg
05-20-2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/moosinminimoosin.jpg (javascript:;)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/tannerbeartag.jpg (javascript:;)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/mikedawgbrett.jpg (javascript:;)

lightmag
05-20-2012, 11:54 PM
i cant wait for my "mini's" to be old enough (8 & 4) , what a feeling it must be, congrats to both of you !!!

PS, we still need hook up for a beer!!, im living 3km down the blackwater now :) sure hope i get my 7-10 bull draw ;)

moosinaround
05-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks Dawg! Moosin

Litzodd6
05-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Nice looking bear ! Congrats!

hunter1947
05-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Nice to see all the party with big smiles on there faces ,very nice bear ,congrats to all.

Hammerhead
05-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Good on the young fella for getting the monkey off his back. Congrats
HH

5 spike
05-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Awesome guys and congrats, good buds and good times it dont get much better than that.

Knute
05-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Congrats to Mini and his mentors, well done!

My grand kids are 3,4,5 and 6....looking forward to similar adventures.

Nice bear, the pepperoni will be tasty.

willyqbc
05-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Can't really explain how proud I am of him

All those of us who have been there for a son or dughters first successful hunt know exactly how you feel....no need to explain!!!

Congrats to your son on a fine bear, the first of many i am sure!

Chris

P.S. are those plaid shorts the new "hipper" version of the classic old red plaid hunting shirt?? haha!!

killman
05-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Nice work gang. Congrats to Minimoosin.

springpin
05-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Right on mini! Good job. Bearperoni, bear burgers, mmmmm

swampthing
05-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Great job guys. Watchin the young men knock down game is certainly a rush that is hard to come by elsewhere. The feeling of success as a parent is overwhelming.

moosinaround
05-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys, Minimoosin slept in today, we were up till midnight boning the beast out for sausage! Should be some tasty pepperonies and smokies. Not much for fat on this guy, I do prefer working on a spring bear rather than a fat ole fall bear! Mini saved his shell casing and the recovered 130gr scirocco, his mom is not impressed with the parts in her freezer! Moosin

Bowzone_Mikey
05-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Nicely done troops ....

Bowzone_Mikey
05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
P.S. are those plaid shorts the new "hipper" version of the classic old red plaid hunting shirt?? haha!!

Pretty certain I have seen Beast is a pair of those shorts ...... are you at home

wicket
05-21-2012, 04:24 PM
you must be crazy proud ...congrats to ur boy

kennyj
05-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Great bear and great story. Way to get er done.
kenny

Jelvis
05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
PG hunters all the wayyyyyy, nice black bear.
Jp .. PG Rocks

moose2
06-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Way to go guys nice looking bear.
Mike