PDA

View Full Version : Illichmanns takes top honors

NightOwl74
11-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Just a heads up. If you are from the Kelowna area you might wanna get your deer smokies done at Illichmanns. I just picked mine up and they are the tastiest game smokies I have ever tried. Forget about knawing away at a tough, thick-skinned, grisley "thing". The teeth "pop" through these babies in a satisfiying crispness. Be careful not to splash hot juices on yer face! I like mine boiled for about five minutes until they just start to burst slightly. Then onto a lightly toasted whole wheat sausage bun, slathered in honey mustard, and a little mayo(the sweet kind). hmmmmmmm, oh and a little line of ketchup to top it off! ZERO game taste, truely I am impressed. And now for the lemon merangue pie8)

sparkymacker
11-03-2006, 05:15 PM
They do an awesome job, they catered our fish and game banquet last year and it was one of the best meals I have ever had.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Our world class chefs at work take their sausages there for Illichmans to stuff for them. They sure know how to stuff sausages:lol: .
Not the cheapest but good!

SSS

Schmaus
11-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I myself am a huge fan of the Hunningfords cheddar cheese smokies they are the best I have ever had made, for the PG folk.

one-shot-wonder
11-03-2006, 11:19 PM
I agree Illi's does great work. I butcher all my own animals and I also now process all my own sausage and jerky. In times past I didn't however and I have had Illi's do me some pepperoni adn smokies both of which I enjoyed!
I still give them my business by having them smoke my garlic sausage. I don't hesitate to recommend them one bit!

~T-BONE~
11-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Ilichmans is a reputable business as we have been supplying them with pork for a number of years! I have never heard anything naegative of them!

Seabass
11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I play rugby with illichmans kid, good people for sure,