PDA

View Full Version : Bears, Bears,Bears

oldkoot
05-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Seems like the Northern boys are not doing their job. Drove from Dawson creek. to Watson lake today and saw 16 Black bears along side the highway. No Grizz. Only one with cubs and the rest singles. Two were brown, and nothing size large. Lots of Caribou , Buffalo, and Stones as well. Great day for a drive.

buckhunter
05-15-2012, 08:04 PM
always saw alot of black bears in the Dawson Creek and Chetwynd area. black bear hunters paradise.

Big Lew
05-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Seems like the Northern boys are not doing their job. Drove from Dawson creek. to Watson lake today and saw 16 Black bears along side the highway. No Grizz. Only one with cubs and the rest singles. Two were brown, and nothing size large. Lots of Caribou , Buffalo, and Stones as well. Great day for a drive.
Interesting, when I rode my bicycle through that area, and from further north, I also saw a lot of varied wildlife, caribou, moose, buffalo, sheep, 2 grizzly, 2 wolves (one black & one near white), one wolverine, and many black bears. There were young amongst the herbivores, but none with any of the carnivores. That was in the month of June. Wondered at the time why I wasn't seeing any cubs, especially since the road allowances were very wide without tall vegetation.

scoutlt1
05-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I so miss living up there. Away from all the stupidity in the LML.
Wonderful country, wildlife everywhere. Love it!
And indeed...what's up with the boys up there? You should have only seen 7 blackies at best! ;-)

oldkoot
05-15-2012, 10:22 PM
In all fairness.....it's a big country, and I wouldn't be hunting beside the highway either. It was surprizing to see that many and only two cubs.

pappy
05-15-2012, 10:39 PM
I think you need to be 400 meters from the highway to shoot, There are lots of bears out now, down low anyways. Things are starting to green up quickly in the lower elevations.

kishman
05-16-2012, 03:47 PM
I'll be up in the Chetwynd area at the end of the week, getting excited just reading this......

elkdom
05-16-2012, 08:20 PM
well if YOU had drove from FtSt John to Ft Nelson TODAY ????? then you would have been driving in "white-out/blizzard conditions from OneOwon to Prophet River, in 4 to 6 inches of snow", minus -3 Celsius

tourists were driving "white-knuckled" ,,,,,,,,,,,,:?

some of those "Ol'Koots" with USA license plates and gigantic motor-homes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,were driving 30 kph in the 100kph zones :lol:

seen 1 black bear,,,,,,,a good 6 ft'r

Husky7mm
05-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Must have been an entertaining drive, spring you gotta love it! Even the animals are happier!
Hardly any bears out here, still a few feet of snow on all the side valleys fsr's off the trench, and slides, my goodness all kinds of them, big and new. Drive safe, and watch out for all those white knuckled tourist, and aholes! Lol