PDA

View Full Version : Ft St. James vers Ft St. John

Clouddog
05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Plan on entering LEH for bull moose in Omineca 7-25 between Stuart and Pinchi Lake (ft st james) just curious if anyone has any input on this area. I have access to alot of private land (1000s of acres) through 3rd party permission. Never hunted there before.

Or hunt on public land in the Wonowon and Halfway River Peace 7-44 area (ft st james). Last year with success, yeah or first elk , there was lots of game.

If you had to choose where you set up camp?

Moose63
05-14-2012, 08:32 PM
7-44 probably has more game. If your driving from Chilliwack, it's long drive.

tinhorse
05-14-2012, 08:39 PM
7-44 and surrounding area for sure. Deer, elk, moose all right there. I guess there are deer, elk and moose in fort st. james as well, just not as many. Plus fort st. james sucks. Ive done too much work around there. the 7-44 area is way nicer.

Sitkaspruce
05-15-2012, 09:18 AM
I disagree, James is much nicer country, better fishing and moose hunting, deer can be good (if you know where to look) and some good elk, but not like the Peace.

Clouddog, where is there 1000's of ha of private land between Stuart and Pinchi. Last I lived and worked there, it was all crown other than a few ranches along the Pinchi road, and if you hunt those, you might be in competition with Inzana Lk Outfitters (they used to hunt all those ranches for the few elk and deer that were there)

I usually put in for the draws there and if no luck head to where you go for the GOS on moose.

Cheers

SS