PDA

View Full Version : bears on the sunshine coast

EvanG
05-13-2012, 12:01 PM
heading up to the parents cabin in pender harbour on the long weekend and was hoping to get out and look for some bears. we have had the place for over 10 years but aside from helping my buddy fill his elk leh i havent done much hunting up there since the deer populations has been down. I can probably count on one hand how many bears i have seen over the years so i was wondering if anyone has had much success or and pointers on areas to check out. was thinking maybe the forest service roads down by trout lake would be a good place to start.

thanks in advance
Evan

Mauser98
05-13-2012, 05:26 PM
The FSR's off the Trout Lake Rd would be a great place to start. There is a lot of country to check out and a wide variety of logging slashes that run fron brand new to advanced regeneration.

Another area that would be worth checking out would be up Menacher Road. The intersection with Hwy 101 is a couple of km north of Madeira Park where the hwy goes around Gunboat Bay. Again, there is lots of area and logging slashes to check out.

dhog
05-14-2012, 10:22 AM
try up grey creek road towards mt Richardson just watch park boundries , Homesite creek also would be good places to try

BigBanger
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Tons of bears on the coast. Trout lake road is your best bet if new to the area.

EvanG
05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
thanks for the info