PDA

View Full Version : Dead bear found up spuzzum creek

rides bike to work
05-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Went for a drive up spuzzum creek not to far up we ran into snow we parked the truck and started hiking up the road cover in over a foot of old snow the only tracks on the snow was one set of bear tracks walking sown the road we followed the tracks for about 2 km were on the side of the road I spotted a small dead bear ther were fly all over the mouth and eyes were closed the tracks we were following were not from the dead bear they continued down the road right past the dead bear there was no blood on or under the bear it was stiff we flipped it over but saw no wounds. There were no other human tracks on the road and it was hard to tell how long the bear hd been dead as it hadn't started rotting and the fur wasn't even matted from rain. Quite the mystery how this young bear died

Can't figure out how to copy and past the picture from my I phone

springpin
05-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Sometimes over hibernation, a bears intestines will knot up.. And that kills them.

Foxton Gundogs
05-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Sometimes over hibernation, a bears intestines will knot up.. And that kills them.

Very true, but USUALLY they dont just lie down and die there is sign of a lot of thrashing and rolling as a horse with collic does. Not saying it always goes down this way but as a rule it does.

Krico
05-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Wild animals die every day in the bush, from all sorts of things. No big deal. I don't worry about all the CSI stuff, and just go hunting!

Deer_Slayer
11-06-2012, 10:34 PM
maybe the bear tracks you followed were of a bigger bear that killed the young one?