PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a bitzenburger but need help

mikeboehm
05-10-2012, 09:39 PM
I shoot a pse omen pro and its pretty fast. I need help on what bitz jig to buy. Right, left, helical etc.. What would u recommend

Bow Walker
05-11-2012, 08:30 AM
90% of people order 'right helical' clamps. 9% order straight clamps...........

Right helical will cause/help your arrows to spin clockwise right out of the bow.

Some people use a straight clamp and go with a slight 'offset' fletch - usually offset to the right.

I have found though, that trying to put a helical on short vanes like the Blazers is very hard with a full-sized clamp because the helical bend is set up for a regular 4" to 5" fletch - not the short little 2" or even the 1.5" Blazers. So it also depends on what fletching you intend to use on your arrows.

Hope that helps you make a decision.

Bow Walker
05-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Oh yeah, if your arrow shafts are of the "skinny" variety - it's hell trying to put a helical on them. Short vane + skinny shaft = frustration.........solved by putting an offset to the fletching.

RoscoeP
05-11-2012, 09:04 AM
If you shoot Blazers get the straight clamp, which you can also do offset with both ways. Cheers Roscoe

Ruger4
05-11-2012, 09:22 AM
yet to find a helico that shoots better than straight....for me
I have both clamps and use straight exclusively, but yes helico looks kinda cool

mikeboehm
05-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Thankyou. I ordered the straight clamp bitz. And i ordered a new clamp for my bohning 3degree helical blazer jig. Using that jig works very good for my short fusion vanes.

Ruger4
05-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Thankyou. I ordered the straight clamp bitz. And i ordered a new clamp for my bohning 3degree helical blazer jig. Using that jig works very good for my short fusion vanes.

good for you , what arrows Mike ?

mikeboehm
05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Gold tip XT hunters

mikeboehm
05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Goldtip expeditions for 3d and target

Bow Walker
05-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Great shaft choices Mike. I've been using GT shafts for over 15 years now.

You could use the Expeditions for hunting as well. Might save some $$$.

When I'm building arrows I always cut a bit off both ends - which enhances the straightness of the shaft. So the least expensive Expedition shaft ends up being as straight as the more costly shafts. Doing it that way has worked for many years for me.

mikeboehm
05-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I tried out my new bitzenburger today. Im very impressed with it. Actually easy to use. Not made of thin metal like the jojan or plastic like others. Buy it from bowhunters superstore for$69.99

Bow Walker
05-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Good on ya! It's a bit of a rush - building and shooting your own arrows. Kinda like tying your own flies and then catching a nice trout with them.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-22-2012, 09:56 AM
I tried out my new bitzenburger today. Im very impressed with it. Actually easy to use. Not made of thin metal like the jojan or plastic like others. Buy it from bowhunters superstore for$69.99

Told ya to buy nice ! lol

good on ya bud !