PDA

View Full Version : Topic: Product warning!!! Exploding sxs UTV

Jeff88
05-10-2012, 09:28 PM
i was asked to post this here from a friend

Arctic Cat Prowler 1000

If you own one, or know anyone that does please be advised that one of my hunting partners had the gas tank explode while they were out riding with his kids following on atv's.

They were both dressed in heavy clothing and full face covering helmets when they stopped the AC 1000 to let their boys catch up, the machine stalled and he re-started it then exploded!!! When he turned his head to look at his wife she was engulfed in a ball of flame, she jumped from the machine into a puddle in the ditch to put herself out!! Thankfully neither of them were seriously injured.

This incident has been reported to the Canadian government and they are investigating, and it appears there have been other incidents in the USA!

If you have one of these machines please govern yourselves accordingly I don't want to hear of anyone losing their lives in a machine explosion!!

silvertipp
05-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Yikes that unreal ,do you have any info on what caused it !!

Jelvis
05-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Were they smoking anything at the time?

silvertipp
05-10-2012, 10:31 PM
ya just burnt fiberglass and hair ,maybe the jel man should give it a try !!

Jelvis
05-10-2012, 10:32 PM
wouldn't by anything but Polaris

Moose Guide
05-10-2012, 11:09 PM
wouldn't by anything but Polaris

Then you would be safe, my Polaris was always broke down so it just sat till I sold it. Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt!!!

Bowzone_Mikey
05-10-2012, 11:18 PM
i was asked to post this here from a friend

Arctic Cat Prowler 1000

If you own one, or know anyone that does please be advised that one of my hunting partners had the gas tank explode while they were out riding with his kids following on atv's.

They were both dressed in heavy clothing and full face covering helmets when they stopped the AC 1000 to let their boys catch up, the machine stalled and he re-started it then exploded!!! When he turned his head to look at his wife she was engulfed in a ball of flame, she jumped from the machine into a puddle in the ditch to put herself out!! Thankfully neither of them were seriously injured.

This incident has been reported to the Canadian government and they are investigating, and it appears there have been other incidents in the USA!

If you have one of these machines please govern yourselves accordingly I don't want to hear of anyone losing their lives in a machine explosion!!

You from PG Jeff???? Guy I work with was telling me about this on Monday night says it was his buddy and wife.

I kinda think the voltage regulator shit the bed and overcharged and boiled the battery causing sulferic gas ... combine with combustion ... makes stuff go "WOOF"

Fisher-Dude
05-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Maybe someone forgot to put the gas cap back on after refueling?

Drillbit
05-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Then you would be safe, my Polaris was always broke down so it just sat till I sold it. Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt!!!

Hahaha, now that's funny!! I have a few buddies with the same thing going on.

I'm going to bet on overfueling, an air box full of fumes, and a backfire by the intake valve to start it all. (unless it's EFI)

Jagermeister
05-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Then you would be safe, my Polaris was always broke down so it just sat till I sold it. Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt!!!Ain't that the way. Polarass.

BCHoyt
05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
That just swore me off buying a polaris atv...

Barracuda
05-11-2012, 06:37 PM
why?
It was an artic Cat that turned itself into a pyrotechnic not a Polaris

Singleshotneeded
05-11-2012, 10:13 PM
The quads and side by sides that have the most issues amongst my friends and acquaintances are:
Chinese makes are the worst, then Arctic Cat, Polaris not as bad as AC, Can-Am is pretty good,
Kawasaki a bit better, and the most reliable have been Suzuki, Yamaha, and Honda.