PDA

View Full Version : Pemberton Bear Hunting

MaxQtime
05-09-2012, 09:46 PM
So I'm going to be in Pemberton for work for 2 weeks and was wondering if black bear hunting was any good (I have a feeling the answer is yes as I've seen lots out there on previous work trips). I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to bring my hunting gear, I don't know the area very well, or will I have a place to hang anything while I am out there. If anyone here from that area wants to help me out, it would be much appreciated, the only chance I would probably get for hunting is on a thursday evening as we tend to work fairly long hours while we're out of town.

TheProvider
05-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I would definately bring it.

sneg
05-11-2012, 08:57 AM
area is good. bring rifle and tag.

proguide66
05-11-2012, 09:15 AM
If you go up Meager , be aware of the regs on discharge. There's some private land after the brige when you leave pavement that WILL have bears and will look 'tempting and normal' to shoot....lots of out of town'rs do this and get in poop ! You are good after your first creek crossing past the log sort.
Actually , sit in a lawn chair in that open area facing the slopes..glass...its a bear highway about 200yrds up.

killer_shot
05-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Def seen a few black bears out so far this season. Been a little late to green up. Was up meager creek way 2 weeks ago and it was still winter looking. Best bet is just to look for a logging road with lots of sun, find the green areas and they will be there.

Casagrande
05-11-2012, 09:55 AM
If you go up Meager , be aware of the regs on discharge. There's some private land after the brige when you leave pavement that WILL have bears and will look 'tempting and normal' to shoot....lots of out of town'rs do this and get in poop ! You are good after your first creek crossing past the log sort.
Actually , sit in a lawn chair in that open area facing the slopes..glass...its a bear highway about 200yrds up.
Must be friggin' Christmas!

TheProvider
05-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Good Omen for the weekend, last five minutes of work in Whistler, go onto a back patio and theres a monster chocolate bear just sitting there looking at me