PDA

View Full Version : where to hunt moose/ mule doe and white tail doe combo in kamloops area

city hunter
05-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Hi There I would like to put LEH for moose and mule deer doe at kamloops area this year but No idea yet where I should put,any help would be apprecited,thanks !!!!Wish to hunt the area with moose/mule deer and white tail together if possible ( Reg 3 close to vancouver )

yzchamp
05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
jemeson cr road past kamloops hardly any one ever hunts there lots of animals!

city hunter
05-08-2012, 11:59 AM
jemeson cr road past kamloops hardly any one ever hunts there lots of animals!thank you so much.

Jelvis
05-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey city you are on the right track hunter. Moose, mule and whitetails, I would try MU 3-18 for all of the above.
Or Mu 3-19 with a heck of a chance at all three big game animals.
Drive up the Coquihalla and turn off at Logan Lake turnoff. Or come up the number 1 (Fraser Canyon) and turn up from Ashcroft or Savano. Check your BC Recreational Map book for the easy access.
These two MU's are excellent for hunting and rather close and easy to get to from the lower mainland.
Try to get an leh hunt for moose between Sept and October. If possible. Moose rut.
Jel Mu 3-18 or MU 3-19 would be good for all three.

city hunter
05-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Hey city you are on the right track hunter. Moose, mule and whitetails, I would try MU 3-18 for all of the above.
Or Mu 3-19 with a heck of a chance at all three big game animals.
Drive up the Coquihalla and turn off at Logan Lake turnoff. Or come up the number 1 (Fraser Canyon) and turn up from Ashcroft or Savano. Check your BC Recreational Map book for the easy access.
These two MU's are excellent for hunting and rather close and easy to get to from the lower mainland.
Try to get a leh hunt for moose between Sept and October. If possible. Moose rut.
Jel Mu 3-18 or MU 3-19 would be good for all three.Hey jelvis you are my hero,I will put leh on it thanks a lot !!!

Moose63
05-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Is there such thing as a bad place to put in for a draw? Limited hunting is just that, winning the draw dramatically improves the odds. I just put in for an area and go explore....

Glenny
05-08-2012, 07:39 PM
3-18 and 3-19. Join the throngs of hunters sept 10th. Hunners by the hunnerds. If you miss the gridlock of the city go up to mile high on any buck season. Nuyk nuyk!!

Jelvis
05-09-2012, 11:05 AM
These MU's 3-18 and Mu 3-19 are popular because they have moose leh and they have moose.
Exit 336 is the Logan Lake turnoff at Meadow Creek if you try for moose leh in this area and get it you should have success. Surrey/Sussex Lake and this area in general can be very good for a moose leh. Plus this area has whitetail and mule deer.
A perfect spot to drive to and enjoy. High country and real pleasing to the hunters eyes with moose meadows, old burns and some open country bordering the thickets.
Jel .. MU 3-18 and Mu 3-19 some absolutely gorgeous hunting country easy to get to, with paved highway and some good hard surface gravel roads, and many bush roads to explore. If you are successful and win a moose leh you will have a great chance at taking a shot and a hunting experience in Kamloops wild country you will remember always.
Mule deer and whitetail and grouse also, so apply now for LEH and hope to win.

SR80
05-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Tunkwa lake area holds all those animals!

finngun
05-14-2012, 07:07 PM
jello bello----Hey city you are on the right track hunter. Moose, mule and whitetails, I would try MU 3-18 for all of the above.
Or Mu 3-19 with a heck of a chance at all three big game animals.///
and all about 3674 hunters there too....needs traffic lights some corners...:mrgreen: i m thinking to open hot-dog stand that area..lots of customers...:)

Jelvis
05-14-2012, 11:16 PM
This is the truth,@ the Stop sign just above the sign of the native nations meeting at this spot. Up the old Logan Lake road from Savona, Durand Creek up and past Tunkwa on this main.
A 255 inch non-typical mule deer buck nailed by a hunter just feet off the road near that crossing.
That's no bull. That's a buck.
Jel ( @ ) The sign, and just past it, BOOM!

northernmoon
08-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Hi There I would like to put LEH for moose and mule deer doe at kamloops area this year but No idea yet where I should put,any help would be apprecited,thanks !!!!Wish to hunt the area with moose/mule deer and white tail together if possible ( Reg 3 close to vancouver )
I am looking for someone who wants to hunt during the week for whitetail and mule deer in september and october
please contact me at b.fenton@shaw.ca