PDA

View Full Version : Rock Creek May 5/6 recap

Canuck2
05-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Just like the old days - lots of space and challenging but interesting shots. I only made it out for the Sunday portion and had a great time, but not as good as some of the camping crew who apparently didn't know when it was bedtime. By all accounts it was a blast. Special kudos to Wilf, who worked his rear end off getting this ready for us all, and to the rest of the Rock Creek crew who looked after the various necessary tasks.

There occurred on Saturday evening an awesome steel buck shootoff competition. This whitetail target with a foam ball in the kill zone is a sight to behold and it enticed a lot of shooters to get in the fray. Some good shooting, too. The junior category was won by Max Kohler of Rock Creek - a fine young archer - and the old guys' winner was Rob Watson from Kelowna. In the end, there were 3 standing toe to toe flinging arrows at 72 yards. Winners got rich beyond their wildest dreams, with Cascade Archery sponsoring with a nice donation. The buck will be migrating to Grand Forks for this weekend's shoot.

Bow Walker
05-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Just like the old days - lots of space and challenging but interesting shots............ Special kudos to Wilf, who worked his rear end off getting this ready for us all, and to the rest of the Rock Creek crew who looked after the various necessary tasks........

Guys like that are the backbone of 3D shoots. They never get the recognition they deserve (for all their volunteer time and hard work) yet they keep on doing what is necessary for the 3D shoots to be successful and a whole lot of fun for the participants. Unsung heroes in every club, to be sure.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Congrats Rob!! Didn't know you were considered an "old guy".:-D

SSS

knockturnal
05-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I blew up 4 of my FMJs on that thing. Well worth it!

Ruger4
05-11-2012, 08:03 AM
I blew up 4 of my FMJs on that thing. Well worth it!

............and it was fun to watch !! :mrgreen: good shootin Matt