View Full Version : Using Bait

ryan_jess
05-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Is it legal to use bait for deer in BC?

Thanks!
-RM

Brett
05-06-2012, 04:31 PM
please SEARCH for the word Bait and all you questions will be answered. We go through this question every year about 20 times........

KB90
05-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Yes it is.

upcomer
05-06-2012, 04:33 PM
yes its legal

Jeff88
05-06-2012, 04:48 PM
please SEARCH for the word Bait and all you questions will be answered. We go through this question every year about 20 times........

this forum is for questions like he asked ...if he wanted to do a search he could just look in the regs ..but this forum is for exactly what he asked ..why u wanna deter people from asking legit questions..

NaStY
05-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Yup good question and the answer is yes.

Now go read the regs for a while and then ask more questions.......

springpin
05-06-2012, 05:30 PM
this forum is for questions like he asked ...if he wanted to do a search he could just look in the regs ..but this forum is for exactly what he asked ..why u wanna deter people from asking legit questions..
Couldn't agree more Jeff!

The Dude
05-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Apparently the only thing you're NOT allowed to bait in BC is bears........ or jeff (but that's another story)

Like Nasty said, it's in the REGS! :D

Bowzone_Mikey
05-06-2012, 06:04 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/deerbait.jpg

Bowzone_Mikey
05-06-2012, 06:07 PM
damn watermark

Brett
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
you are right.
I apologize

Moose Guide
05-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Apparently the only thing you're NOT allowed to bait in BC is bears........ or jeff (but that's another story)

Like Nasty said, it's in the REGS! :D

Ya can't bait ducks and geese either.

The Dude
05-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes, I was about to SAY that, but you cut me off before i finished.
Bears, ducks, geese and jeffs.
Now I'm done! :D

rcar
05-06-2012, 07:16 PM
I've only been here a year but I thought I would offer my insight as I still remember early on a few dumb posts, even though I had hunted on and off for years.....shockingly, some even recently....I am blaming the beer though!

I have been here long enought to roll my eyes at a question like this but not so long to realize that asking questions is a GREAT way for a newbie to become part of the forum. I am sure everyone here has a job and are probably quite good at it but there was a day when we all knew squat about what we were are doing and needed a guiding hand....and probably asked a few obvious and annoying questions. Some people aren't lucky enough to have parents, uncles etc. who hunt to show them the ropes so this is the perfect place to ask the mundane questions you yourself would have asked around a campfire when you were starting out.

Just a thought.....there should be a newbie grace post period...say 10-20 or so...then open season to drop the hammer on 'em....unless the first posts are REALLY dumb.

Oh....for those of you who have a memory like my wife....please save this post in the back of your mind and slam me with it in a few years when I get snippy at a new member.:-D

NaStY
05-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Yes, I was about to SAY that, but you cut me off before i finished.
Bears, ducks, geese and jeffs.
Now I'm done! :D

You can still bait jeffs this year. I read it in the regs.....

Jeff88
05-06-2012, 07:32 PM
You can still bait jeffs this year. I read it in the regs.....

alllrighty guys ...laughes over....

Bowzone_Mikey
05-06-2012, 07:38 PM
alllrighty guys ...laughes over....
It was ... but now its not ;)

REMINGTON JIM
05-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Apparently the only thing you're NOT allowed to bait in BC is bears........ or jeff (but that's another story):D

Its being a LOT more Fun Baiting Jeff then deer ! :-D LOL RJ

knighthunter
05-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Another question, cause I'm too lazy to read the reg's. I was talking to a guy yesterday and he told me that he is gonna haul some salt back into the bush and make a salt lick. Would this be the same as baiting? He was talking deer hunting. And yes, I am a newby to hunting in BC.

Jeff88
05-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Another question, cause I'm too lazy to read the reg's. I was talking to a guy yesterday and he told me that he is gonna haul some salt back into the bush and make a salt lick. Would this be the same as baiting? He was talking deer hunting. And yes, I am a newby to hunting in BC.

yes that is the same as baiting ..but its 100 percent legal ..

REMINGTON JIM
05-06-2012, 07:47 PM
JEFF - Will you come to salt blocks or only to BUDSWISERS - :) LOL RJ

Jeff88
05-06-2012, 07:49 PM
JEFF - Will you come to salt blocks or only to BUDSWISERS - :) LOL RJ

if you really wanna bait a ..JEFF ...you would need ,,hot girls...beer...maybe a twisted fatty....or a bottle of fireball ......

NaStY
05-06-2012, 07:50 PM

yes that is the same as baiting ..but its 100 percent legal ..

Agreed one in the same..........