PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Grouse Hunting

browningboy
11-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried hunting grouse with a bow, seems like you could set up a tree stand on the side of a road (berries near by) and hang tight, or could you call them in?
This would be challenging as well as requiring good aim with the bow.
Can you call groue in. BOC BOC BOC?:lol:

mntman
11-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I carry a pet road chicken with me to call them in lol :lol:

ryanb
11-01-2006, 11:06 PM
If I can kill them with a rock, a bow would be easy by comparison. I do believe you need special arrows though that keep the arrow from passing through and the bird flying off before it dies (or is that for Turkey?).

browningboy
11-01-2006, 11:10 PM
I don't know what kind of arrows you can use, thers probly something out there, it sounds chezzy, but what the hell, you got all your meat from previous hunts, its an excuse to get the hell out of dodge, and just picture the road hunters seeing you trying to call in grouse!:lol:

Gateholio
11-01-2006, 11:22 PM
I have shot grouse with FLU FLU (sp?) arrows, and a blunt tip. The flu flus have alot of feathers, move slow, and when you hit a branch or a grouse, they fall down so you don't lose your arrow.

Been a looong time since i did it, but it worked fine. Grouse were usually dead if you hit them in the head, stunned if you hit them in the body, so you woudl snap thier neck.:lol:

Gus
11-01-2006, 11:42 PM
I used to hunt grouse with a bow all the time, used to get quite a few too. I just used my normal hunting arrows with field tips. I have lost the odd arrow, but never a grouse I've hit.