PDA

View Full Version : Bear Cub Questions?

BlackwaterMerc
05-05-2012, 05:26 PM
For the last 2 nights three bear cubs have been scratching around my back door, biting into the garbage cans, playing with the lawn chairs and one of them even pulled a table off my patio, Ive spent a little time watching them until my dogs finally spook them. My question is whether or not mom is still around them? I dont want to let my pups out cause Im not sure if the cubs or the mom, if shes around are a threat? Ive seen lots of baby scat but nothing large. If I let my dogs roam is there any chance a cub or cubs would attack the dogs? I dont mind the bears as long as the dont hurt the dogs. What am I looking at here?
Thanks for any advice guys/gals.

Gateholio
05-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Go outside and yell at them. If mom is around she will probably show up quick. :)

TheProvider
05-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Kinda sounds like the momma is gone but she could still be around. You'd know in a hurry if one of the cubs gave a couple cries. Happen to know if there's a bear cage nearby? COuld contact the CO asking if there's a bear cage around or if there was a sow hit by a car or something nearby. Very low percentage for cubs to live thru the winter without their mother. Specially this early on

Ozone
05-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Mmmmm, bearbq :-D

r106
05-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Find out if moma's around and Call the CO. Either way do what you can to scare them off or there dead anyways with or without mom. They need to learn food is in the forest not your yard

Bowzone_Mikey
05-05-2012, 06:08 PM
If yer dogs spooked them ... and didnt die from Mama .... Mama aint around anymore and them Cubbies are as good as slippers ....

Call the Cos ... they will take em away .... eitehr way those cubs had best learn to eat from the forest and not yer yard

chilcotin hillbilly
05-06-2012, 07:48 PM
People that put up with bears in their yards are the reason they will wind up dead, usually by the gun of a CO. Deal with them before you get the blame. Report asap to the CO's

NaStY
05-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Call it in asap. You never know if mama is just around the corner when you least expect it.